Ready for a Change

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
I love the truck the way it sits, but if i had to pick out one thing it would be moving to an A/T tire such as the terra grappler. I love my nittos.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
stone i like those tires....just not sure how my truck would look with those. i love the way your truck sits man. i'd love to have a single cab like that...

stonepusher

Reaction score
stone i like those tires....just not sure how my truck would look with those. i love the way your truck sits man. i'd love to have a single cab like that...

I think your truck would look sick with nittos and the same stance as mine, a few weeks ago I put 33" nitto at's that were mounted on 18X10 wheel on it and ran it through a mud drag and it did fine, the tires didn't rub at all.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I think your truck would look sick with nittos and the same stance as mine, a few weeks ago I put 33" nitto at's that were mounted on 18X10 wheel on it and ran it through a mud drag and it did fine, the tires didn't rub at all.
how wide were the tires....12.5 or 13.5? I have 33x12.5x18 MT atz's on my 18x9 rims and love how they look. Didn't know if a 13.5 wide tire will rub or not.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score

That truck looks way to nice to be running threw the mud!

Whytry

Reaction score
I like the wide tire look and wouldn't go away from it. You could lower it a tade but I wouldn't do a lot something like stonepushers might give you a new look that you want.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Ok I have an excellent idea for those of you that like dropping your 4wd's.....

Just trade me your truck and ill send you my truck which is lighter and lower then a 4wd.

Ok? :D

01stroker

Reaction score
I have the same idea. I'm probably putting a smaller block in mine and running 20x12 hostages and 305/50r20 nitto 420s. Of course if no one buys my truck off of me. I like the lower stance with still having 4wd.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
how low and wide of a tire can you go when you lower a 4x4?

Ill find out within the next month. Have a set of fuel throttle 20x12's on the way with 325/50-20 MT ATZ's (33x13.50R20).

My truck still has the stock suspension but from years of carrying a plow on the front it sits lower then when it did with the excursion springs I have on it. The block is out of the back as well.

I honestly don't think I will have trouble running this wide of a tire.

MAYBE some inner fender well trimming is necessary or space the bumper out but not much.

If the rims ever come off back order I will let you guys know ASAP.

But to answer question: Probably lower 1" or 1 1/2" in the front and 2" in the rear. 13.50" wide tire on 12 wide wheels.

I think a 15.50 wide tire will need a leveling kit at minimum along with some inner fender well trimming and bumper spacing.

Last edited:

David S.

Reaction score
15.50 would defientaly require a leveling kit I'd say.

I'm interested in running the 13.5 like you are so let me know how the fit is. I don't think I would have a problem though since I have an 05+ truck. Hell I run 35's stock suspension

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Ill find out within the next month. Have a set of fuel throttle 20x12's on the way with 325/50-20 MT ATZ's (33x13.50R20).

My truck still has the stock suspension but from years of carrying a plow on the front it sits lower then when it did with the excursion springs I have on it. The block is out of the back as well.

MAYBE some inner fender well trimming is necessary or space the bumper out but not much.

But to answer question: Probably lower 1" or 1 1/2" in the front and 2" in the rear. 13.50" wide tire on 12 wide wheels.

I think a 15.50 wide tire will need a leveling kit at minimum along with some inner fender well trimming and bumper spacing.

i'm gonna need pics of that tire when you get em mounted. sounds close to what I'd like to run...

Whytry

Reaction score

You can fit a 33x13.50 on a stock setup?

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Also for those interested this is a stock suspension 08 with almost an identical tire and wheel combo we are talking about. His tires are 12.50's instead of 13.50's I'll run. But he has no issues with rubbing.

Yes I do know it will be harder on my truck with leaf springs and such but not much different.

b8a4c074-orig.jpg

54df3f55-orig.jpg

5c4dc75a-orig.jpg

Latest posts

Members online