Restoring Stolen Truck

06-sixoh

Reaction score
That was the first thing the GF asked me. "Did you have a pistol in the truck?" Im not really sure what Im going to do about an anti theft. It blows me away that they even got the truck started in the first place. Ravelco looks like a simple option. 12 pin connection, or however many it is. being a automation tech for a few years, I know how retarded the multi pin lines and connections could be to get working correctly without a schematic.

Called the dealership yesterday. Apparently the truck never made it to the detail shop. Dealership had a little bit of an issue convincing the insurance company to swap out the keypad module, and not just "recoding" the keypad. Finally getting it approved, they re keyed and got the module ordered. Dealer rep claims that if it doesnt make it to the detailer by Friday, it would be a little "ridiculous". Only time will tell.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have dfencegps on my truck, love it. Sign in and I can see the truck anywhere. If the truck moves without the key, it'll notify me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Little update.

Got the truck back last month. Ive been putting it through the ringer trying to find faults in the repair to make sure I get everything back to par. Last nights rain revealed am issue that has me incredibly irritated. I dont think its the fact that theres a leak, its the fact that Im going to have to drop my truck off again. Im not sure exactly where its coming from; windshield or moonroof drain. Either way, the windshield replacement is the culprit. So Monday morning, Jim Burke Ford is getting a phone call. *sigh*

Other than that, Ive completely gotten over the "violated" feeling. This is by far the nicest truck Ive ever owned and has been the most fun working, so its not hard to fall back in love with it. Plus, my detail guy keeps it looking top notch.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
As you can see, we spent no time babying the truck. Put it right back to work.

2ef620772b39dc9f452cf5e18f50e98e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.