RSK planned?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Not worried about powdercoat. In the Northeast I think powdercoat actually makes stuff rust faster. Ill just try and keep up with this thread and see what happens.

NotStock

Reaction score
Yup, Brad is running a kit. I need to build a different jig for them but the kit itself is ready. I have SEMA next week and when I return I can finish the jig and we are ready to rock!

Tom S

Reaction score
Yup, Brad is running a kit. I need to build a different jig for them but the kit itself is ready. I have SEMA next week and when I return I can finish the jig and we are ready to rock!

We can talk when you get the Sema stuff finished. I would have loved to have gone this year. Have fun.

Parky50

Reaction score
Look's like thing are moving along nicely...
better get to looking for my super duty leafs. :thumbsup:

Tom S

Reaction score
I agree, I am hoping he will come back in time. I talked to him on the phone and know he was happy so far.

NotStock

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and let you know Im working on a different jig for the kit. Should have one made and working on kits later this week. I have taken a few deposits over the last week for kits, $50 gets you on the list. The remainder is due prior to it shipping. Should have raw kits ready beginning of next week, powdercoated towards the end. Kits are built to order at this point, so the later you order, the more it pushes back your shipping date. If you have any questions, just let me know!

co04cobra

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and let you know Im working on a different jig for the kit. Should have one made and working on kits later this week. I have taken a few deposits over the last week for kits, $50 gets you on the list. The remainder is due prior to it shipping. Should have raw kits ready beginning of next week, powdercoated towards the end. Kits are built to order at this point, so the later you order, the more it pushes back your shipping date. If you have any questions, just let me know!

Seems that everybody who went to sema has full mailboxes and cant even leave a msg. Im not sure if thats good or bad. I want to put a deposit on a kit also would like to discuss to see what changes for the SD axles need to be made. Please call me at 18005472999 ask for Seth whenever you get the time to do so. Thank you.

newman

Reaction score
Why isn't Brad posting to give us feedback? When my truck gets back from the bodyshop I'm gonna be looking at a RSK.

Tom S

Reaction score
Brad got frustrated with the site and has not been visiting much lately. He has posted up some reviews elsewhere.

Tom

NotStock

Reaction score
Possibly shipping this week with no powdercoat?

I placed the cut order for 3 of the kits last Friday. They will be cut Thurs/Fri of this week. Tom being the bad a$$ that he is, found us some frame horns and is having them shipped to me. Nothing like building a jig out of the real deal. I would prefer to wait till the frame rails get here before I build any kits. Is that agreeable to those of you that have ordered?

Reaction score
Wow, 2011 and I'm just now getting this installed! We talked about a lot of different ideas back then. I am installing mine now. Only 7 years later.

Talked to Trevor a few times the past few weeks.

Did find one more idea to add to this very informative development thread:

https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford/2286946-99-04-superduty-leafs-obs-without-rsk.html

Very clean and well thought out zero lift option. Run any SD spring you like. I think it would be great with some Old Man Emu 2" soft ride multi leaf springs.

JCart

Reaction score
Nice find Garbage Mechanic, thanks for the link good info right there. It maybe 7 years but you’ll see it’s worth the effort when completed. And to add anti sways (front and rear) along with Borgeson mid steering shaft to Red head or Blue Top box is the ticket. I’ve not done the steering box yet (just snugged mine up a titch), but hopefully will get round to that this year. Running stock box (in good shape), rides, steers wickedly compared to chasing chickens and hogs stock steering set up.
jrc

Reaction score
I ended up having Trevor send me an RSK front hangar set up unwelded and set it up on my truck and welded it enough with stick to get it off and weld at work. Fits perfect, square to frame, and square to old rear hanger as well as rear axle front hangar. Looking good. Have a few ideas to try yet.

JCart

Reaction score
I ended up having Trevor send me an RSK front hangar set up unwelded and set it up on my truck and welded it enough with stick to get it off and weld at work. Fits perfect, square to frame, and square to old rear hanger as well as rear axle front hangar. Looking good. Have a few ideas to try yet.

Ya he sent me one welded and I had him include the front receiver, heavy duty x member with tow loops. Really nice workmanship, fit perfect I did change the bolt configuration a bit by adding in frame spacers (inside each rail) and bolted right through as I recall on 1 or 2 bolts. So much nicer to drive now. And I was a little surprised (ok not really), how badly worn the stock bushings on the IFS were. My truck had 125,000kms (when converted) on it and was a pavement queen and it drove good for an IFS. Non the less it’s way way better now.

What springs you gonna use?

Cheers,
j

Reaction score
They have ADA stamped on them, I think that is V code. I think U code would be good choice too. I'm actually going to try using SKY rear hangars and shackles to keep the caster closer to stock and keep the height down. I like the PMF front set up but like the SKY rear set up so we will see! I ALWAYS overthink everything!

Latest posts

Members online