RUDY"S RIPOFF

wiseguy

Reaction score
this is what happened though. you can't load a custom tune onto a 3015. you can load custom tunes on a 3015r. Rudy's changed the programming of the 3015 tuner so they can load their tunes onto it like a 3015r. but then the problem is that you can't order any other custom tunes from any other tuner. only rudy's tunes will work. I just felt the need to say this to clear up any confusion.

That is exactly the problem. The 3015r tuner is discontinued from SCT but have been available on ebay @ a premium price. The only tunes you can load on the "R"udys tuner is rudy's tunes

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
That is not completely true. I have a 3015R and anyone can tune on it. What is the difference? Also anyone should have researched what they were buying because of the discontinuation of this specific tuner. To the op sorry to hear.

Sysx

Reaction score
That is not completely true. I have a 3015R and anyone can tune on it. What is the difference? Also anyone should have researched what they were buying because of the discontinuation of this specific tuner. To the op sorry to hear.

I don't think you grasp what he's saying. It was advertised as a 3015r but when he got it there was a single tune and the delete are built into that single tune. Which means every tune has to have that.

Finally from a phone that fits my hands!

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score

Did you read the whole thread? They sold him a 3015 that they modified, it will only take there custom tunes. He ordered what was represented as a 3015R, which in fact was not.

Sysx beat me to it.....

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Have you called and talked to Aaron or Eric about this. I can promise you Aaron is not out to screw people just to make money. If you call up there and talk to someone that will get you a whole lot further then posting on here buddy

fine69

Reaction score
Have you called and talked to Aaron or Eric about this. I can promise you Aaron is not out to screw people just to make money. If you call up there and talk to someone that will get you a whole lot further then posting on here buddy

This......

Not to flame the OP, but there is no way I'd buy a tuner off eBay, I don't care who is selling it!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This......

Not to flame the OP, but there is no way I'd buy a tuner off eBay, I don't care who is selling it!

it really shouldn't matter, its Aarons name on it in the seller area for a reason. ebay or not

Reaction score
What is funny about this to me is the simple fact that this is not a big deal at all. The OP has never once actually called the shop to talk to someone in person. I would post everything to help clarify this to everyone, but there are certain subjects now a days that you cannot post in a public forum for everyone to read. These are custom tuned devices, it does say that in the description. We did make a mistake as we were transitioning from tunes that required bungs to no bungs and forgot to remove that from the description. However, it was priced accordingly for no bungs. These devices come with a full warranty from SCT. Bottom line it was a simple misunderstanding and the customer could have easily got what he wanted if he had just tried to work with us and maybe give us a call. Looking back through ebay, you never once even messaged us before you opened a dispute. You just started messaging us fragmented sentences. You were being rude and not allowing us a chance to explain or possibly help you get what you wanted. Which was very easy to accomplish as well. If you would like to discuss, feel free to actually call us at the numbers listed below and we will be happy to help. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks -Aaron

Reaction score
this is what happened though. you can't load a custom tune onto a 3015. you can load custom tunes on a 3015r. Rudy's changed the programming of the 3015 tuner so they can load their tunes onto it like a 3015r. but then the problem is that you can't order any other custom tunes from any other tuner. only rudy's tunes will work. I just felt the need to say this to clear up any confusion.

If he would have called us, we could have explained how this is not exactly true. However we cannot explain this on a public forum. Thanks!

TyCorr

Reaction score

Wtf are you talking about? I knew what was going on. Did you not see the post I quoted that you quoted in your previous post?

I said he didnt get what he paid for or asked for.

Im assuming the part he ordered with bungs might cost more due to the labor to install the fittings. They always used to in the car performance world. If he was given products that are short in value compared to what he ordered then Id be mad as hell too. Looking for a refund or to return for full refund.

Ive never dealt with Rudys but I have been given parts that were "what I needed" even though they were all several price brackets below.what I paid for. In theory, this is stealing. I ordered a stage 3 package for a car once that cost 1800 more than the stage 1 and I was given a boost controller for stage 1(hallman manual vs the greddy I paid an additional 500 for). I guess you either stay quiet and take it in the butt or speak up, get what you paid for and should have received in the first place and deal with forum members calling you an azzhole for rocking the boat. If it was my $$, screw you guys.

This wasnt aimed at anyone, if you take offense you're guilty or missing the point.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What is funny about this to me is the simple fact that this is not a big deal at all. The OP has never once actually called the shop to talk to someone in person. I would post everything to help clarify this to everyone, but there are certain subjects now a days that you cannot post in a public forum for everyone to read. These are custom tuned devices, it does say that in the description. We did make a mistake as we were transitioning from tunes that required bungs to no bungs and forgot to remove that from the description. However, it was priced accordingly for no bungs. These devices come with a full warranty from SCT. Bottom line it was a simple misunderstanding and the customer could have easily got what he wanted if he had just tried to work with us and maybe give us a call. Looking back through ebay, you never once even messaged us before you opened a dispute. You just started messaging us fragmented sentences. You were being rude and not allowing us a chance to explain or possibly help you get what you wanted. Which was very easy to accomplish as well. If you would like to discuss, feel free to actually call us at the numbers listed below and we will be happy to help. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks -Aaron

I was wondering and half suspected as much. It seems like everytime there is a call out the customer didnt call to resolve the issue and stewed over the issue until they "had had enough".

Should it be obvious that he paid the correct amount for what he received?

And I agree this should just be worded as a tuner. No need for descriptors.

sootie

Reaction score
Wtf are you talking about? I knew what was going on. Did you not see the post I quoted that you quoted in your previous post?

I said he didnt get what he paid for or asked for.

Im assuming the part he ordered with bungs might cost more due to the labor to install the fittings. They always used to in the car performance world. If he was given products that are short in value compared to what he ordered then Id be mad as hell too. Looking for a refund or to return for full refund.

Ive never dealt with Rudys but I have been given parts that were "what I needed" even though they were all several price brackets below.what I paid for. In theory, this is stealing. I ordered a stage 3 package for a car once that cost 1800 more than the stage 1 and I was given a boost controller for stage 1(hallman manual vs the greddy I paid an additional 500 for). I guess you either stay quiet and take it in the butt or speak up, get what you paid for and should have received in the first place and deal with forum members calling you an azzhole for rocking the boat. If it was my $$, screw you guys.

This wasnt aimed at anyone, if you take offense you're guilty or missing the point.

i guess the reason the op gets flamed is because he chooses to mudsling on a public forum rather than deal with the issue in a personal, professional manner. basically-he is only venting on here because he can...

Latest posts

Members online