RUDY"S RIPOFF

Steelnc

Reaction score
Not that I need to come to anyone's defense but I will say that I have dealt with Rudy's for the last few years and have got to know just about everyone over there. You will not find a better group of people in this industry. Aaron is one of the most stand up guys I have ever met and has always gone above and beyond in my dealings. Clearly there was a misunderstanding but I can assure Rudy's wasn't out to rip anyone off. Op should of called before starting this thread. Jmo.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Again, I get that. But at this point he's saying he did try to correct the situation. Rudy says he didnt.

Rudy also said he charged accordingly for the different parts indicating price differences as I suggested.

Im not taking sides, see my previous post. I just want the op to admit he did pay the correct price, not for parts he didnt get, and also say whether or not he tried to call their shop and get the issue straightened out.

There's been a few times where people that are vendors have tried to ***k me around and I just chose not to get it on a forum. But the whole "we only charged you for what we shipped you bs" waz there in my scenario Im recalling. They even "refunded" my card the difference even though I paid in full with a money order from USPS. And there have been people who.have gotten my hard earned money and decided they didnt need to.answer their phones anymore despite having my merchandise and $$.

I say let them hash it out here. Its too late to retract it now. If the op is wrong, it'll show. If Rudy is, same deal.

You and I have both been around long enough to know better. Let it be hashed.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Rudy's is one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with. I can guarantee they would always be more than willing to make something right if you are an unhappy customer. The OP should've definitely called first before calling them out.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Bottom line it was a simple misunderstanding and the customer could have easily got what he wanted if he had just tried to work with us and maybe give us a call. Looking back through ebay, you never once even messaged us before you opened a dispute. You just started messaging us fragmented sentences. You were being rude and not allowing us a chance to explain or possibly help you get what you wanted. Which was very easy to accomplish as well.

So he was trying to contact you guys? A message from an ebay sale is fairly common. Im confused about whether he did or didnt attempt to make contact now. Cuz you kinda just said he did yourself. Maybe he was being rude cause he thought Rudy's meant you guys were rude LOL Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood!

I think the first sentence in the quote above is the bottom line. Each side is unclear on what is what.

Reaction score
He never messaged us through eBay simply asking a question or calling us to talk about it. He opened a dispute through eBay immediately and then started messaging us in there not allowing us to explain or help him. He was dead set on repeating the fact he was ripped off over and over again. I could have helped him get what he was trying to accomplish with tuning, but he didn't want to listen.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I see. I think, from what he said and you have said it sounds like he opened the boxes, got pissed, and let his feelings run amok. Its unfortunate that there was a discrepancy in part numbers or parts themselves, such as the pipe having bungs versus not having them, but given the thread title the guy is just pissed and unwilling to reason.

That doesnt help anybody, being an angry mess.

jngreen

Reaction score
I think maybe he is so angry because he feels like he didn't get what he paid for. I'm assuming that he wanted a tuner that he could use anyone's tunes on, and not be limited to just one person or vendor's tuning.

I know that there are things that can't be explained in writing, that is just the nature of off road tuning right now. The buyer could have worked with rudy's a little more before disputing the sale on eBay also, but, in my opinion, Rudy's may have unintentionally opened themselves up to this kind of problem by advertising one type of device and shipping another type. If this is what has really happened.

dieselpower

Reaction score
To me, this shouldn't be an issue. Mistakes happen, and if Rudy's sent him the wrong tuner, a call / email would be the smart thing to do before you open a dispute.

I run a business that ships quite a few items, and to me it makes all the difference whether someone emails me first or just goes all "hulk mode" and opens a case right off.

Work things out with seller, IF and only IF the seller doesn't make things right, THEN open a case.

BK39

Reaction score
My experience with Rudys has been great. I ordered some stuff from Will, it came in a little different, I made a simple phone call, understood what I did or didn't do correctly, done!

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
And that's all it takes, and if there is anything I can do for you feel free to give me a call,
I will be happy to assist you in any way possible. Thanks.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Everytime I ordered from Rudy's The stuff was here on time or early. The parts were just what I ordered and the tech support was excellent! Absolutely ZERO complaints about their service!

RedRice589

Reaction score
Also if you buy it you should understand you don't know all the ins and outs of tuning or tuner agreements on products. If he didn't know what he was getting he should have called and questioned about what he was buying. That's what I did 2 years ago when I ordered from Rudy's via eBay. They confirmed my questions and reassured me if I had any problems they would walk me through to fix it if possible on my end or replace something that wasn't right (if need be) IMO great guys to deal with!

one2nine

Reaction score
I've ordered from rudy's since 2008 or 2009 and not once had a single issue with aaron or anyone from his shop. By far one of the best in the business and that's why I came back to order from him again and again.

If you have an issue with a product, always call first before firing shots.