Rudy's Diesel Season Opener !!

John_P

Reaction score
Almost forgot,.....our SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS to Brian Jelich on winning the Pro-Street Drag Race Class!!:thumbup:

Brian,.....you just keep "getting it done" with that maroon 7.3 Ford PSD!!
Good job my friend!

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of the above posts.

Atv/UTV, if it didn't come in on a trailer with a drag or pull truck, it doesn't make it through the gate. That or you have to pay a $50 one day pass for atv/UTV use.

I know Aaron likes for everyone to have a good time but some one will get hurt or killed and that will stop the event and possibly end someone in jail and lawsuits on people putting it on. That's never good.

I like the rockingham or zmax idea. That or make it a two day event at Piedmont. Pulls one day and drags another. Thanks to all involved for making the best out of the situation. Being overcrowded and more people than expected is a good problem but bad at the same time.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I also agree that making it 2 days would make things much smoother.

Aaron just posted to Facebook that there were 6300 people there. Double last year. Wow!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
I also agree that making it 2 days would make things much smoother.

Aaron just posted to Facebook that there were 6300 people there. Double last year. Wow!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Wow! I knew it was way more packed than last time, but I wouldn't have guessed that much. That's pretty ridiculous.

2 days might would help with the parking issues, but it wouldn't help with the seating issues. And I don't know it would help with parking being that most folks that come to one of the days would also go to the other day. Then you also need 2 good days of weather vs. just 1 like yesterday.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Had a great time will come again for sure! I was in the 2006 f250 true blue crewcab with the American force wheels. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with the photographer? Or if anyone got any pics or vids of my truck please post them.

Nice meeting ya Jared (swinky) and buddy from Mpd

I have a few pics. Gimme a day or two to post everything up. I took very few videos though. Only a few of the pro street trucks

Sysx

Reaction score
Who had the Black Platinum at the quality inn in Durham? Such a gorgeous truck.

Finally from a phone that fits my hands!

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
We appreciate everyone coming and we do apologize for how the crowd control and Pitts were a issue. We weren't expecting 5600 people but will be better prepared next event.
I will post results and pics up this week

John_P

Reaction score
Wasnt phil taylor there? Did he break? LOL
----------------------------------------------------------------
01PSD:

You are right, Phil Taylor was at the event with our good friend Darren Morrison, but they both broke with engine issues on both Phil's and Darren's truck.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Almost forgot,.....our SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS to Brian Jelich on winning the Pro-Street Drag Race Class!!:thumbup:

Brian,.....you just keep "getting it done" with that maroon 7.3 Ford PSD!!
Good job my friend!

did he just turn it down for the 7.0 class? Thats pretty awesome as i know him and david were preping late the night before

Sysx

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of this but maybe y'all were. Jesse Warren was out there running the 1/8

Finally from a phone that fits my hands!

spongebob915

Reaction score
I would say no atvs pit bikes dirt bikes allowed at the track. They used the parking lot as there own race track. I was by my truck and all day the same stupid people where doing laps.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
My thanks to Aaron, his entire "Rudy's Diesel" Crew and the staff at "Piedomont Dragway" for puting this event on. My Son and I drag raced in the 7.70 class.

This is definitely getting to be a large event and with that will come the problems associated with it. Having put on much smaller events like this and helping at very large diesel events I understand what goes on.

I agree with PSA Member sneaky98 and a few others that the amount of ATV's, trucks etc. just "riding around" was causing alot of problems for the racers. It was hard to even get out of your pit area and get to staging!
If that could be eliminated it would help alot.

Anyway,...thanks again to Aaron and his crew and the drag race staff for puting this event on.

---------
John_P

I ran the 7.70 class too, what trucks were you guys driving sure would have been nice to be able to match faces with screen names. I was in the all blue 2006 f250 crew can with the American forces.

I agree the event was awesome, All races moved quickly. It was worth every bit of the 11hr one way trip I had. I will be attending next year!

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
We appreciate everyone coming and we do apologize for how the crowd control and Pitts were a issue. We weren't expecting 5600 people but will be better prepared next event.
I will post results and pics up this week

Thanks, How can I get in contact with the photographer, Do you know if a DVD will be made.

The event was great!