Secondary cooling system puking from overflow hose

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Man I just went through this on a customers truck. Did the same thing and had the same code. The cac had a hole inside it. I replaced with new one problem solved.

shoulda replaced it with a good one ;)

Jomax

Reaction score
There are a few of us with stock Intercoolers kicking in our basements as well if you decide to go that route haha.

Thanks! Truck is still under warrAnty, and I bought aftermarket warrAnty. So I'll try that route first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
So, put air pressure to the CAC while heating it up and it's leaking. But only leaks when it's hot.

Tony helped me check it at his ford dealer he works at, but we couldn't find it when the cooler was cold. Took it home and threw it on the cooktop till it got to 250degrees. Low and behold the POS was leaking then.

6.0tech(Tony) is hooking me up at his dealer to get a new one. He's TOP NOTCH! Thanks again Tony for everything!!

I'll update this after the new one is on.

Pics of my homemade Air leak setup lol

Zipties are to keep that piece on. I now have a hole in my garage ceiling lol.

c8c739e4692798cad547f4e76ecc1789.jpg

dsmracing1

Reaction score
So, put air pressure to the CAC while heating it up and it's leaking. But only leaks when it's hot.

Tony helped me check it at his ford dealer he works at, but we couldn't find it when the cooler was cold. Took it home and threw it on the cooktop till it got to 250degrees. Low and behold the POS was leaking then.

6.0tech(Tony) is hooking me up at his dealer to get a new one. He's TOP NOTCH! Thanks again Tony for everything!!

c8c739e4692798cad547f4e76ecc1789.jpg

Glad to hear you found the leak! A lot of the time they gotta be cooking hot to leak. My buddies 05 duramax will only eat coolant when it's hooked up to the holiday trailer and heavy pedalin. He's still trying to find the damn leak ahaha. Can never get it on the pressure test when it's cold or Luke warm...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Glad you were able to find it man. Sorry it wasnt showing up at the shop, even after a trip thru the parts washer.

Dont forget to shoot me over your vin...

Jomax

Reaction score
Glad to hear you found the leak! A lot of the time they gotta be cooking hot to leak. My buddies 05 duramax will only eat coolant when it's hooked up to the holiday trailer and heavy pedalin. He's still trying to find the damn leak ahaha. Can never get it on the pressure test when it's cold or Luke warm...

Don't you just hate those stupid leaks.

Jomax

Reaction score
So, just an update. Towed 13-14k to CA. Truck doesn't puke at all anymore. Unloaded, the code I was getting is gone completely.

While towing up a hill or merging on an on-ramp that was uphill, I still got the P026A code.

I did tow in the race tune, so boost was higher then normal. Pretty much the computer is freaking out.

Higher boost equals higher charge temps and my code is then set.

Talking with Mike about just turning off that code. No need for it.

Other then that. This truck is running insanely good.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
A more efficient cac will cool air better but will put more strain on the secondary system because it transfers more heat.

ive yet to hear of any leak or issue with the system from one of ours. has yours leaked other than blowing gaskets ?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
ive yet to hear of any leak or issue with the system from one of ours. has yours leaked other than blowing gaskets ?

No. Nor did I suggest that yours leaked.

I thought someone was suggesting an aftermarket cac as a solution to a secondary system that is overheating.

Again my reply was out of context, I didn't read the last page to see that it was a defective cac causing the issue.

Quick on the trigger there... I have no issues with my no limit cac, only my head gaskets.

Latest posts

Members online