Show me what you did with the fuel cooler deletes

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
For you guys that have deleted the fuel cooler in the engine bay, what did you do with the fuel line that comes off the heads and attaches to the top back side of the fuel cooler nearest the firewall? Do you guys just cut it and splice in a new line or what have you done? Thanks and looking forward to seeing what you guys have done thus far along.:thumbsup:

Jerry

Sofa King

Reaction score
Is this the line your talking about?
20140316_120402_zpse7l54y6w.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Yes that is the line. How did you get that fitting on the stock line like that?

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Wonder if you can cut the stock braided section off and use a flare tool to flare the hard line that's left?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Wonder if you can cut the stock braided section off and use a flare tool to flare the hard line that's left?

That is kinda what I was thinking about but there is not enough room there to get the tools in there with the line on the truck. I did a little experiment last night and it might be what I do if I don't figure something else out from what other peopl have done.
ysu2ubun.jpg

I took a line and cut it with a pipe cutter and then put a Parker push lok hose on it and a clamp. Capped the lines and then applied pressure with a compressor. This setup didn't leak until about 65 psi.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Is there enough room to use an AN to tube adapter?
7unu5a4e.jpg

I will let you know how this works out. I just ordered some of these and will be trying it as soon as it gets here. There should be enough room in there for this even if I have to bend the tube up just a little bit. Thanks :thumbup:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I will let you know how this works out. I just ordered some of these and will be trying it as soon as it gets here. There should be enough room in there for this even if I have to bend the tube up just a little bit. Thanks :thumbup:

No problem, hope it works.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
What is the usual PSI comming out of that check valve and goes to the fuel cooler? If I remember correctly it's not terribly high correct? Might not look as sexy, but if just sliding a piece of rubber hose down over and using 2 clamps is going to work it's good to know in a pinch. When I swapped turbos cab on, I kept laying my arm on the braided section accidentally getting to the top driver side up pipe bolts. It's wasn't kinked real bad, but enough to make me be very cautious after I saw it and try to avoid it. It's held fine since but never know...

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
There is very little pressure coming out of the return line. You could just slide a hose over the hard line and double clamp it in a pinch, but I would never leave it that way. Air could get into the system that way and lead to issues down the road.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
There is very little pressure coming out of the return line. You could just slide a hose over the hard line and double clamp it in a pinch, but I would never leave it that way. Air could get into the system that way and lead to issues down the road.

absolutley i would never leave it that way either, just in a pinch to get by if need be

B585Ford

Reaction score
Jerry, are you deleting the cooler to rule-out that you don't have an issue causing the pressure to build which is then causing your HPFP to leak?

Faraim

Reaction score
Parker BTX fittings are what you are probably looking for.
If you could get a 37* flare tool in there they are 37* an flare fitting that also come in stainless (btxs) and will not leak
The tube adaptor looks good for a compression fitting

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Jerry, are you deleting the cooler to rule-out that you don't have an issue causing the pressure to build which is then causing your HPFP to leak?

No I am only changing the line because the factory line that was there is not in the best shape at all and I don't want to have to worry about it at all. It was pinched a very little bit when I put it back together on Friday. The line is somewhat compromised and I just want to get rid of it at this point.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
The fitting from Summit Racing showed up yeaterday and it looks like it will work perfect. I will be installing it tommarow.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Latest posts

Members online