Soot Powered Ported Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
This is likely why its cheaper.

"Yes, that intake will not work with any of the factory 6.4 mounted twins turbos."

i read it as, the intake on the american ride, will not fit any other factory 6.4 turbo truck.

but they were goin to make one, where they just cut the top off, etc etc, like everyone else.

leads me to believe there was going to be one for stock turbos.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I don't even know why Im gonna take the time to acknowledge you but you seem hell bent on being on top of your soap box with misinformation so allow me to take a minute or two to correct you.

1) Then why did you take the time steve to "acknowledge" me?
2) Hell bent? Have you read any of your own post? You are NOT a business man or a "business" man. I pity the fool who gives you their hard earned dollar. You're not a straight shooter.
3) Misinformation/correct me?.......

Whatever buddy. steve, every post I read where another product is being compared and somehow your company gets thrown into the mix, usually by you and you act like you are right now, you rant and rave and talk smack. Great business model.

1.)I worked with Doug for a while. I helped Doug design the 6.4 manifold.Im way more informed of the in's and out's of the Stage 1 manifold issues then you ever will beI've spent significant amounts of time and energy building something DIFFERENT than what Doug does and I feel I've accomplished that goal with the Apex lineup.

1) Good for you steve, but you did talk the go-go down. Re-read your own post.
2) I never claimed to know more or less about it. You got on your soap box, on this thread and on so many others. Again, good way to sell your business.
:flush:

2.)No stage 1 manifold sees any intake throat work done. The Apex Does. The EGR system is removed ENTIRELY. There are no passageways left to interfere with airflow. The Apex uses ORB fittings in the runner lids to ensure it does not leak like the Stage 1 has been known too. Work in the runners is significantly different than the Stage 1. The two are virtually different in every way other than the physical idea.

if it works, great. since you are on a steve/Powerstroked162 rant, show us the money.

The above is why I feel I have a superior product in DESIGN. As of right now, and as of always, I cannot say that it physically outflows the stage 1 as i have not benched it yet. As I said in the Apex thread, I have not and will not make claims of performance superiority until it is proven.

But you do steve, get on your soap box and claim how yours is better

Either way, good luck steve.
I never said you DID or DID NOT work for Doug, someone else clarified it.
Too bad you are unable to take the time to fully read and comprehend my post. WHAT or WHERE did i post something that was "MISINFORMATION".

Please explain for all the other customers here how a potential customer and business owner was wanting hard data like everyone but YOU got on your soap box
I want to see what makes it different from Mine and Elite's. There are only so many ways to skin a cat, ESPECIALLY when it comes to something thats gonna preform

Again, you are on YOUR soap box steve, not I.
Double standard hypocrite, sorry but thats how you are behaving.

Good luck steve, I will not ever buy anything from you due to my observation of your repeated ill behavior and mannerisms toward customers and other vendors, especially when they are directed at me, however I harbor no ill feelings and i'll be happy to exchange logical debates and ideas.

I apologize to others if I was out of line but don't call me out for something I didn't do.

Last edited:

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I do want to publicly thank SootPowered for the offer and opportunity to test his product. I will get him the intake shipped and get some results for him. I'm going to try and pull it off over a couple days. I will dyno on a Friday, tear it down and install the intake over the weekend and dyno again on the following Monday or Tuesday with the only swap being the intake, I will even provide pictures of the parts in my sig waiting to be installed still sitting on the work bench and provide an underhood shot so you know I didn't sneak anything extra in. I plan to data log each dyno run on my DashDaq and will post the results in a thread when the time comes.

Great to hear.
If you cannot and he would extend the offer elsewhere, then I would be happy to get some runs on mine as I bet a lot of other would as well :toast:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
It must be close though cause he said a while back that he was working on one. Not sure however how long it will take?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I completly agree with you Shane. If you cant purchase it, no company makes it.

dstryr

Reaction score
But its an industry changing product... :rolleyes: All this bitching makes me want to go buy 10 cores from ford and surface them out and sell them for $650-$700 to just get a rise out of people.

doubledee715

Reaction score
Yup. Its usually classified as "The right way and the wrong way".....

Just post some pics of the 6.4 and 6.0 manifolds, please. Exterior, interior, both, I don't care.

look who's asking for pics now. lol

Who are you?? Is there a problem that I want to see how much of somebody else's design has been ripped off from mine or elite? Pat's already admitted that there are some similarities so let's see it. I will respect ANY enthusiast that takes an idea and improves on it DIFFERENTLY than somebody else and shows positive results. I have ZERO respect for somebody who alters a design available *just enough* to surpass any persecution for plagiarism.

It's pretty clear that there won't be pictures of even just the exterior of these manifolds wont be posted and it's also clear that those of us who make them can expect to see our hardwork, r&d, and designs copied.

Who are you to say any of the above. Talk about pot calling kettle. Yours or elites? You talk about someone elses design being ripped off of you like you're the first to port and market a 6.0 intake manifold. Your manifold isn't vastly different than anybody elses and it's true by default because you haven't dispelled it. Everyone has seens dougs pics and numbers.

And you contradict yourself in the quote above because you, an ethusiast, took an idea and improved on it differently then someone else but didn't show your positive results, let alone a cut-away pic of the work. I saw a lot of folks running gogo ported intake manifolds before you hopped in with your pictureless one grand wonder.

Just a guy who watched you shoot down every single photo request in your very own intake thread, but...... people call me Beans.
this

Steve,

What is the purpose of this.attack? All I see you do.is attack people and there products.

If anything you.make people want the competitor's product because you come.off.as.such a tool.

Congrats you make a nice product but the way you act drives off customers. I would.never purchase anything from you BC of the way you represent your company.

Do you realize the way you.come off??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

and this.

portraying your character and company..."it's usually classified as the right way and the wrong way".....

doubledee715

Reaction score
But its an industry changing product... :rolleyes: All this bitching makes me want to go buy 10 cores from ford and surface them out and sell them for $650-$700 to just get a rise out of people.

I remember asking you a few weeks ago Dennis lol I got one in my garage if you want to take a rip at it just pm me.

dstryr

Reaction score
I remember asking you a few weeks ago Dennis lol I got one in my garage if you want to take a rip at it just pm me.

I get my 6.4 back tomorrow so maybe in a week if my work load dies down it will be something I'll look into. I have 2 6.4 cores already sitting in my shop. I'm going to hit up my buddy and see if he can weld them up afterwords (he works at nasa in the welding department).

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
1) Then why did you take the time steve to "acknowledge" me?

Because you seem to be needing corrected in some of your posting. The more you talk and try to segment each sentence the more apparent your agenda. I aint even mad brah

2) Hell bent? Have you read any of your own post? You are NOT a business man or a "business" man. I pity the fool who gives you their hard earned dollar. You're not a straight shooter.

LOL I also pity the consumer who listens to your retarded ramblings. I've been doing this for quite some time. I know what works and what doesn't. If you are offended and don't want to buy from Absolute, Dude, that is YOUR purgative. I don't sweat about loosing business from those who would rather be spoon fed bullchit and made to feel all warm and cozy before they get ripped the hell off, lol. The Apex manifold sells without numbers or pics posted up, do you know why that is?... I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with reputation and maybe, just maaaaayyybe... a tad bit of experience

3) Misinformation/correct me?.......

I did. You chose to briefly scan over said info and keep on your war path.

Whatever buddy. steve, every post I read where another product is being compared and somehow your company gets thrown into the mix, usually by you and you act like you are right now, you rant and rave and talk smack. Great business model.

LOL I got nothin for you bud

1) Good for you steve, but you did talk the go-go down. Re-read your own post.

Listen brainiac, what part of that post you quoted didn't make sense to you? I SPECIFICALLY have said over and over and over again that I will not make claims of the Apex manifold OUT PERFORMING THE GOGO STAGE 1 6.0 MANIFOLD BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN PHYSICALLY PROVEN. I will and have always said in other threads that I feel I have a more durable product, one that doesn't leak. Is that a gauge slam to you? Maybe. Would you even believe me or anybody else if pics of other manifolds leaking were posted, if I posted emails and PM's from other members saying they are having issues with other manifolds sealing and not leaking? I doubt it. I'd be willing to bet a $100 steak dinner that you would climb up one notch hire on your temper tantrum ladder and shout out conspiracy and fraudulent behavior. So why does it matter to you? What stake do you have in any of it other than to hear yourself keep talking?

2) I never claimed to know more or less about it. You got on your soap box, on this thread and on so many others. Again, good way to sell your business.
:flush:

Go build something with YOUR own time and money that is different in EVERY WAY but the idea from your competitors, and get back to me. Make some friends in the industry who own shops that help you out with R&D and sales on new products and let me how you lay your loyalty to them when people are ripping off other's designs.(side note: before you take anything of what was said one step further than how it was written, allow me to clarify so you can be on the same page. That statement is in NO WAY directed at one specific company in this thread. it is a situation generalization as I have yet to see pics of this other manifold, but merely ramblings among others. Believe it or not, these issues residue outside of just ported intake manifolds)

if it works, great. since you are on a steve/Powerstroked162 rant, show us the money.

I don't get it, Cuba. The answer for you is the same as it has been for everyone. You aren't buying anything from me anyway so why even bother with the questioning?

But you do steve, get on your soap box and claim how yours is better

Re-read above comment a couple responses up that outlines this repetitive questioning you are stuck on.

Either way, good luck steve.
I never said you DID or DID NOT work for Doug, someone else clarified it.
Too bad you are unable to take the time to fully read and comprehend my post. WHAT or WHERE did i post something that was "MISINFORMATION".

Please explain for all the other customers here how a potential customer and business owner was wanting hard data like everyone but YOU got on your soap box

Again, you are on YOUR soap box steve, not I.
Double standard hypocrite, sorry but thats how you are behaving.

Re-read my response post a couple pages back regarding that issue. I made it pretty clear there. I usually don't make it a habit to repeat myself to people who CLEARLY are not and will not be fully reading my responses as it doesn't fit their agenda.

Good luck steve, I will not ever buy anything from you due to my observation of your repeated ill behavior and mannerisms toward customers and other vendors, especially when they are directed at me, however I harbor no ill feelings and i'll be happy to exchange logical debates and ideas.

I apologize to others if I was out of line but don't call me out for something I didn't do.

Dude, like i said to somebody else in here earlier, I am not for everybody, I never have been, I never will be. I know that, most of these people here know that, and most of them don't really care. Every single person on this board knows that I will help anybody that needs it at any time. Friends and "enemies" alike. My style is different, sure. It comes of abrasive and harsh but it is just what works for me in an industry i personally have been a customer to that is riddled with BS and miss-information. Do I ALWAYS make the right decisions? Hell know. I guarantee you that if I am wrong about something I may comment on or whatever it may be, I will be as passionate about correcting my wrong and making it right as I would be to cut through the crap. Like I said, some people appreciate it and it brings them back, and back, time and time again, and others hate it and wish that I burn in a fiery, painful death lol. Every shop has customers who won't buy from them. It's the nature of the beast. I pride myself on honesty, reputation and friendships formed through the industry and this new venture and it is word of mouth through most. Call me a dik, and ass, what have you, I never turn people away who are in need, and my friends have my loyalty before this company even becomes a thought. Sorry you're mad man

**on edit: let me touch on something a bit further here. I mentioned passion to somebody else regarding this thread and I think a lot of people here are taking what they see written totally different than what most people who know me see it as.... I am extremely passionate about products and ideas I send to market. Its an extremely difficult task believe it or not considering that this is not my full time job. I dedicate my 10 hour days, monday through friday and even saturdays, to my day job. Everything Absolute does is in my free-time, which isn't much. I do a lot outside of my day job with the local community also and it as well comes before the company, like everything else. SO, when I do get time to work on products and I am able to make something Im extremely proud of, I will do what I can to protect it and rep it, because I want to see it benefit others like I know they can, not line other people's pockets. I've got a lot of sleepless nights into these parts I build and I will rise up in a passionate, fiery anger if they are ripped off lol. I am a consumer minded company when it comes to R&D and thats how it always will be. The products come from a different view point than most have to execute the same idea, if you will. For that reason, I've got a lot of projects stacked on the shelf that haven't come to fruition for one reason and one reason only, time. it takes time to figure out how to do it better. It's not that it isn't possible, or I can't do it, it's just time. Irregardless, my point is that my posts are driven by passion. Maybe a harsh delivered version at times but passion none the less. If you can't take pride in your products and what you build enough to get upset when somebody takes from your handwork to put money in their pockets, then you will never understand industry of any kind.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Also, FTR, to those who pointed out that I asked for interior pics and would not post some of my own, I would like to apologize. You were correct in your comments. I should not have asked for something I was not willing to hand out. For that, Im sorry.

Just gonna go ahead and re-quote this back into a post as a few people seem to be still b!tching about something that was addressed several pages ago.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I get my 6.4 back tomorrow so maybe in a week if my work load dies down it will be something I'll look into. I have 2 6.4 cores already sitting in my shop. I'm going to hit up my buddy and see if he can weld them up afterwords (he works at nasa in the welding department).

Who is it? I know a few guys there!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Ok. This one is done. We can continue this in a civil manner when soot powered is a sponsor. Not fair to all our vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online