SuperArmor for the Superduty

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Fully loaded would be everything we've talked about, hoop, wings and cross bars. Designed for the Warn 16.5 Ti.

The Warn is nice because it's compact on the side of the truck that has that big cooler hanging off the frame right in the darn way. If my computer is right, the Warn fits like a glove up in there and the bumper doesn't stick out any further than the stock tow hooks.
We'll find out in a couple weeks if the computer is right.
The Superwinch will fit in the mounts, but you'll need to relocate that cooler.
The Cheap Chinese $400 15k winch fits in the mounts, but the cooler is in the way and the controls are not clockable so they'd be on the back of the winch.
Really, it's meant for the Warn 16.5Ti (and various smaller winches.)

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Pretty much happened as I expected...lost a week in Thanksgiving and we are in the process of losing 2 more over the Christmas/New Year holiday.

There's just nothing that gets done at the end of the year. 2-3 weeks from now we'll have the production prototype (2nd proto and first winch version.) If all goes well we turn on production from there. We'll have pricing, I can put up a webpage, preorders and all that once the prototype is done.

My Estimates (and hopes):
Pre-orders will open up mid to late January.
Shipments beginning late Feb.
MSRP on the fully loaded winch version around $2k. Bumper Only versions (no winch, no hoops, no wings, etc, just the bumper replacement) in the $1k range.
Rear bumpers sometime end of the first quarter.

These are only guesstimates so please don't hold me to them.

Location is South Carolina, every step of the process is "Made in the USA."

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Production prototype is in process right now. I'd be at the shop today, but SC is getting SNOW!!

While it'd be a great opportunity to really test the bumper, I really don't want to get my truck smashed. So I'm working from the house today.

Reaction score
You pretty much hit the nail on the head for what I like. Not flashy, not redneck, but subtle. You should do a rendering where the side wing comes up and then goes horizontal at the center of the head light then carries through the center of the grill and ties into the other wing. Sort of a "per runner" style. Same thing you have rendered but the wings would not extend to the top of the grill.

I was looking at bumpers again today before I saw this post.

Buck1

Reaction score
I'm in. Would be interested in a possible bumper only version, no bar, or as mentioned before the bar protecting halfway up the grill.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

R8rone

Reaction score
I'm here in NC if you need a truck to mock one up on! I could run with your logos on for advertisement for you here at Bragg! :toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I'm here in NC if you need a truck to mock one up on! I could run with your logos on for advertisement for you here at Bragg!
I just might take you up on that.

This production proto is going on my buddy's truck - he's going to be my sales rep. He's a good salesman.

Of course, we made no progress this week due to snow.

His truck is a black '13 longbed, mine is a silver '12 shortie. So he'll get this production proto, I'll get the first production one, the original proto on my truck now will be scrapped (I know, kills ya right?)

But after this winch version is out I need to do a non-winch one + all the variations.

It'll be nice to have some customers close by where we can do an install on a new model and see how it fits firsthand.

AK3403

Reaction score
Hey since ya have to scrap the proto... I know of a great scrapyard up here in South Dakota, you can just ship it to me and I'll scrap it for ya? :thumbsup:LOL:D

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I don't have pricing yet. I have some goals and have posted those, but I won't have actual pricing until we complete the production prototype. The goal is to be very competitive in the industry. Everything depends on cost and that's still an unknown, but a full winch version w/ hoop and wings should be under $2k. A replacement rear bumper (no hitch integrated) should be in the $1k range. These are goals and guesses at this time.

Lest you think I'm just screwing off...here's a pic me practicing my (very rusty) welding skills on a form die we made the other day. Don't worry, I won't be the one welding the bumpers :)

Yes, we could do the prototype w/o custom dies, but this is the production proto so we are making what's needed to do production. I'm on site during the process so I can see what needs to be tweaked to make this easier to manufacture.

We have the winch version fixture done and several dies made, one more to go and then we should be able to finish this prototype. I'm really hoping we can finish it this week, fit it to my truck and turn on production.

I'm itching to get this going and we are very close!

In terms of what it will fit. First model will be the 2011+ SuperDuty. Due to how close it fits to the body I do not think it will fit a 2009, certainly it wouldn't look right. Though my guess is the frame is the same, so if you wanted one w/o the hoop/wings it might fit.

In terms of prototypes and scrapping...I've never sold my protos in the past. And I wouldn't want to damage my reputation by putting something out there that wasn't up to my standards, which are very high. If it's got my name on it, it's got to be right or I won't put it out there. I am very picky. Even this production proto will not get sold. It's going on my friend's truck (who will handle all the B2B sales.) I'll likely replace it with a production version as soon as they are available.

Attachments

• IMAG0079 (Medium).jpg
    IMAG0079 (Medium).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Latest posts