superblazin's whicked build

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Jame's truck is on the trailer and coming home with me for a while. All the shiny parts showed up. We'll post pics of progress over the next week

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Jame's truck is on the trailer and coming home with me for a while. All the shiny parts showed up. We'll post pics of progress over the next week

You will possilbly have the truck done before I have mine. Transmission is killing me, should have be done 3 weeks ago. I know the new shop will have it done quick. I can't let customer out do me so stage 4 is getting ready to go on my truck. The stage 3 with all the supporting mods and 205 will get truck into the 700rwhp, but we'll see.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
You will possilbly have the truck done before I have mine. Transmission is killing me, should have be done 3 weeks ago. I know the new shop will have it done quick. I can't let customer out do me so stage 4 is getting ready to go on my truck. The stage 3 with all the supporting mods and 205 will get truck into the 700rwhp, but we'll see.

for the record we are not claiming this, we want to see 600 but will be happy with anything north of 550. it would be a cold day in hell before i claimed 700 with this setup. if it does make more than 600 Jame's will be super excited

Reaction score

By supporting mods wat we talking? Dual pumps reg return trans?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Superblazin

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification on the post Shawn! I have the bar set for the low 500's, Shawn is modest in anticipating around the mid 5's.
I also have to appreciate Shawn's theory on the build of "starting with the supporting mods" then take additional steps if my goals change! Further he has been completely honest and keeps me in check by not allowing me to "hail Mary" a bunch of parts at it! Thanks my friend. Gonna be a fun journey!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
for the record we are not claiming this, we want to see 600 but will be happy with anything north of 550. it would be a cold day in hell before i claimed 700 with this setup. if it does make more than 600 Jame's will be super excited

What he means Shawn is that we HOPE for around 700 but have absolutely NO DATA to prove that yet. That is a HOPE at this point. The track times for trucks running the Stage 3 and 190/100's are close to 650 (reg return, A1000, intake, exhaust, etc.etc.). I will be putting the truck on a DynoJet (248C I believe) as soon as the transmission is built and then Adrian will be taking it to the track to back up whatever number we get.

windrunner408

Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification on the post Shawn! I have the bar set for the low 500's, Shawn is modest in anticipating around the mid 5's.
I also have to appreciate Shawn's theory on the build of "starting with the supporting mods" then take additional steps if my goals change! Further he has been completely honest and keeps me in check by not allowing me to "hail Mary" a bunch of parts at it! Thanks my friend. Gonna be a fun journey!

I like it. Just keep the expectations low and be surprised if/when it does better than expected. For the record also, I would be surprised if this setup doesn't break 600hp. Best of luck either way and it DEFINITELY looks like a solid build. :thumbup: I think you'll like it.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score

Sorry, Shawn you are right you have said nothing about 700rwhp. I have had stage 3 on 3 different trucks and all of them have exceeded 600rwhp, hell my truck exceeded 570rwhp with 175/75. 500rwhp is extremely low for this turbo and 205 injectors, not trying to get in your business but I built the turbo and have done the calulations, and I know where the rwhp will be with 205. I know you know how to build be horsepower trucks, and I have just started, pretty new to the game. Just can't understand if I can get over 600 with 190/100 that it would be impossible for you not to get at least 600 with 205. If you didn't live so far away from me I would bet you that you will see 600, like I said all my numbers are facts of what these turbo can build and have not lied about any of them. This sounds like a very high horsepower build to me much more supporting mods than any of the trucks that I have that put over 600 with. Sorry to have upset you, and for the record to all the members it was me that stated the 700, and still do(well really close anyway)

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
no worries, i'm just not one to caim anything till its proven, we're not putting down anyones build, this is jame's build which i'm helping with. so with that said i'm sticking to my rules which are aim low, expect more, want more, but until its done its all here say. NO TWO 6L'S RUN THE SAME. don't worry its all good thou, really hope we get there

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Sorry, Shawn I miss read the thread I guess I need some sleep, building too many turbos. I understand you want to keep numbers small and if it get big than great. I just got excited that about the build and your involement. I know you will do what you can to get power out of the truck. I really do think that you should hit 600 no problems. I have my truck with 200cc injectors and I know I was above 650 but tranny let loose before I could prove it with data. I guess that's another reason I think you should break the 600 mark easy. As soon as my tranny gets done I will be out to prove numbers for my truck both dyno and track. I'm very frustrating. Not having my truck back to do the testing I wanted to. I tried to edit but was too late so I apologize for my earlier rant.

Demon

Reaction score
Wow looks crazy. Thanks for showing me this place Jim. I'll be watching too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Took the truck for a ride tonight before I strip her down, the injectors can't be anymore than 165-175s, that mads turbo seems to run really nice without that surge we've seen with other large vgts. As good as it runs I hate it cause it has that 03 whistle, everyone else loves it LOL that's the reason I went away from them. I hate that whistle. Nothing wrong with the turbo, just a person thing. James thought it ran good before LOL. I can't wait to give it back to him now. Cause I know there's lots left in it

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
whos injectors are they? Sorry fi I missed it Why do you say they cant be more than 165-175cc?

I hear you on that awful whistle noise!

windrunner408

Reaction score
Took the truck for a ride tonight before I strip her down, the injectors can't be anymore than 165-175s, that mads turbo seems to run really nice without that surge we've seen with other large vgts. As good as it runs I hate it cause it has that 03 whistle, everyone else loves it LOL that's the reason I went away from them. I hate that whistle. Nothing wrong with the turbo, just a person thing. James thought it ran good before LOL. I can't wait to give it back to him now. Cause I know there's lots left in it

Were you able to get on it at all and see how much boost it made?? Do you have any specific tunes for it yet??

Latest posts

Members online