T-4 mount up pipe welds?

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Here are some better pics of Tig welded up-pipes. Just received the others back on Friday and will clean up a couple spots on them.

DSCN1309.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

DSCN1320.jpg

DSCN1319.jpg

DSCN1334.jpg

Thats some sexy **** right there. :drool::biggun:

bigjake0524

Reaction score
That is the way all the stainless was done and the way all the mild will be done now as well.

psduser1

Reaction score
Getting better, Jake.
Tell your guy to keep practicing, hell be a fine welder some day.

J/k those look 1000% better. :thumbsup:

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Not the greatest welds ever, who ever made those used a mig welder instead of a Tig welder. Hope you didn't pay much, I wouldn't worry what the welds look like as long as it doesn't leak. Although you would expect for the welds to look a lot better.

Tom S

Reaction score
Not the greatest welds ever, who ever made those used a mig welder instead of a Tig welder. Hope you didn't pay much, I wouldn't worry what the welds look like as long as it doesn't leak. Although you would expect for the welds to look a lot better.

Are you saying those those last photos on the stainless are Mig?

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Are you saying those those last photos on the stainless are Mig?
Hell no!!!, the first set the guy posted. The ones on here that worstenemy453 posted aren't mig welded, those are tig welded, thus the diffrence in quality of the welds. when the welds look like a roll of nickels, thats some good sh*t man. Honestly i just saw those new pictures.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
Everything is going to stay where it is at for now. I will raise price if the materials cost increases. No major price increases are planned! I'm just happier to offer a better product now! The 321 was already being tig welded so now the mild versions will get tossed on the pile!
Or we may just start using 304 and forgo the mild at all. Not sure if that is an option some would want. Pry make about $40 difference and would hold up to the outside elements a little better! The 321 is just a far superior tubing compared to mild or 304. It is a lot more money but withstands much more heat. So it isn't for everybody.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Everything is going to stay where it is at for now. I will raise price if the materials cost increases. No major price increases are planned! I'm just happier to offer a better product now! The 321 was already being tig welded so now the mild versions will get tossed on the pile!
Or we may just start using 304 and forgo the mild at all. Not sure if that is an option some would want. Pry make about $40 difference and would hold up to the outside elements a little better! The 321 is just a far superior tubing compared to mild or 304. It is a lot more money but withstands much more heat. So it isn't for everybody.

Jake,so the 321 is a better pipe and you already have those sets. So the 321 are more crack resistant or will have less chances for cracking?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Hard on you ? Are there others you where looking at ? Now them pipes are looking good......

I have been looking for a Excuse to buy a Tig welder.. We have stick and Mig Right now. And I have been looking at different tig welders.

And seeing these welds made me really want one.. you know I COULD use one............I Think?!?!?!??? ;)

Keep up the good work Jake!!!! These pipes are really sweet!!!

oneofakindSD

Reaction score
Saturday I received my up pipes back after being corrected, hahaha Im thinking he needs to invest some time into some welding classes or maybe out source welding to a real shop . Maybe someone forget to put the voltage knob on the welder or it's a cheap taiwan junk, these welds look like total ass!!!!!!!!!!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Saturday I received my up pipes back after being corrected, hahaha Im thinking he needs to invest some time into some welding classes or maybe out source welding to a real shop . Maybe someone forget to put the voltage knob on the welder or it's a cheap taiwan junk, these welds look like total ass!!!!!!!!!!

Post pictures of the new ones please... Not like Jake to have a product be wrong twice, awesome guy to deal with!

bigjake0524

Reaction score
The welds were smoothed out! Not sure what you want? They will NOT leak!!! They are still mig welds, the starts were smoothed out on the tig machine. If you looked inside of the tubing than you can tell there is obvious penetration. It doesn't take much heat to weld an .065 wall tube. I guess 200 amps could be used but there wouldn't be much left of anything!

Latest posts

Members online