T500 vs stock pump test

JD3020

Reaction score
I agree with this and have a question as well. Is 65% the max IRP value on a SD truck? I want to keep thinking the number was more like 80% but maybe that is a OBS thing. On both of those trucks I would have been very curious to see what the numbers were if the pulse width was less like say 4 vs the approximately 5 that it was.

Tom

I believe around 68% the IPR is fully closed. I have seen 80-90% on an OBS, but once you hit 70 you're getting all the oil thats there.

As for the PW numbers i know Golfer has said a couple times that the OBD PW numbers are not accurate.

Water_junky

Reaction score
I was kinda suprised by that as well. It was one of the first things I looked at when I hopped in the truck. I had happened to have saved a screen shot from when when I looked at the truck the first time. It was definately a higher IPR duty cycled with the T500 pump. Not a lot like 1.2 or so percent but it was there. We went back and looked at the oil temps and they were the same. There might be an oil change in there so perhaps that is a factor that I am not accounting for. I only say that because we talked about the bypass filtration system he had put on the truck. I can email him and ask if you or anyone else is curious.

Tom,

There was an oil change with the new pump, didn't want to run old oil through the new pump.

Terry

m j

Reaction score
those readings do not look good for t500. I hope the tune only called for 2400# cause if it called for more and thats all it could do....

Gearhead

Reaction score
You may just be at the mercy of the core that was used if TE isn't rebuilding the pump to bring the clearances back in spec.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think it was his stock pump redone into a T500 but not certain. Maybe Water Junky will chime in.

I do not know what the tune called for, I just kinda looked at where the IPR maxed out at.

Water_junky

Reaction score
I think it was his stock pump redone into a T500 but not certain. Maybe Water Junky will chime in.

I do not know what the tune called for, I just kinda looked at where the IPR maxed out at.

It was my stock pump redone to a T-500.

Water_junky

Reaction score
So I just heard back from my chip tuner and he is indeed asking for 2400 PSI so it is right on the money.

Water_junky

Reaction score
Not sure, he said he used to set it at 3200, but due to something with the injectors he has gone down to 2400 on all of his tunes.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Funny, not the first or second time I have heard this mentioned from tuners about some brands injectors.

That's why all ours are tested to the max our current pump will push 3200psi. And no issues holding it.

Its amazing the hp, not to mention drivability you get back when you can hold icp.

Last edited:

thuglike

Reaction score
Not sure, he said he used to set it at 3200, but due to something with the injectors he has gone down to 2400 on all of his tunes.

What sticks are you running?

The gains you can get simply by going from 2400 to 3200 max icp is pretty good.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What tuner asks for 2400psi as a max? Talk about leaving a TON of ICP on the table for no reason...

bruce

Reaction score
hell i bet you could pick 10-20 horse if the icp got ramped up to 3000psi, if the pump will keep up that is

Latest posts

Members online