T500 vs stock pump test

thuglike

Reaction score
Quickest OBS I've been in. Not just fast but quick!!!.

Just so snappy and responsive.

I'll let Billy Give the details, he just did a bunch of stuff.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Quickest OBS I've been in. Not just fast but quick!!!.

Just so snappy and responsive.

I'll let Billy Give the details, he just did a bunch of stuff.

Thanks Jason, it was pleasure to come down.

My truck build is in my sig. I feel it's the right combination of parts and supporting mods that puts it all together. The trans/converter also plays a big part on how the power is put to the ground.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Tom S

Reaction score
I found another data log I did on an Excursion with stock injectors switching from a stock under 100k pump to a T500. I do not remember any of the details on this one though.

Interesting how the pulse width is lower when the pump is able to meet the demand. I have observed that before.

Attachments

• Mark Excursion T500.JPG
    Mark Excursion T500.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Mark Excursion T500_2.JPG
    Mark Excursion T500_2.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Mark's Excursion Stock vs T500.xls
    25.5 KB · Views: 70

Gearhead

Reaction score
I found another data log I did on an Excursion with stock injectors switching from a stock under 100k pump to a T500. I do not remember any of the details on this one though.

Interesting how the pulse width is lower when the pump is able to meet the demand. I have observed that before.

The lower PW with the pump keeping up is due to the demand of fuel being called for as a "volume fuel desired". If the pressure goes up the pulsewidth goes down under most circumstances if the volume of fuel being asked for hasn't changed.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a dumby but what is the highest ICP you should see on a stock pump in a hot tune? (with stock injectors) I have NLTD tunes, if Jason would be willing to share what the tuning should be calling for in the hot tune. Im reading the icp through the OBDII port and in the hot tune at WOT I've seen a steady 3600 psi...is the OBDII port not accurate or is my pump a freak?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a dumby but what is the highest ICP you should see on a stock pump in a hot tune? (with stock injectors) I have NLTD tunes, if Jason would be willing to share what the tuning should be calling for in the hot tune. Im reading the icp through the OBDII port and in the hot tune at WOT I've seen a steady 3600 psi...is the OBDII port not accurate or is my pump a freak?

Oh wow! Stocker holding 3600psi is really good. But I would think thats plenty for the injectors.. so its holding steady at 3600psi or is it spiking to 3600 and settling down to a lower pressure all the way through the rpm band?

live life full throttle

Tom S

Reaction score
The lower PW with the pump keeping up is due to the demand of fuel being called for as a "volume fuel desired". If the pressure goes up the pulsewidth goes down under most circumstances if the volume of fuel being asked for hasn't changed.

Thanks Matt, I figured the PCM was doing that, I was just not sure why. Seems like kinda of a chicken or the egg deal. Where I have seem the higher pulse width get the blame for low ICP when the low ICP had a role in the higher pulse width.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
Oh wow! Stocker holding 3600psi is really good. But I would think thats plenty for the injectors.. so its holding steady at 3600psi or is it spiking to 3600 and settling down to a lower pressure all the way through the rpm band?

live life full throttle

she held 3600 psi from 35mph all the way to 100 mph, 35 being when i put it to the floor, i was questioning it myself, being i was monitoring the icp and a few other things with the Torque app, I figured, its cheap it might not be that accurate but from what ive read is that it is in fact very accurate so I was scratching my head the more i thought about. and from what Jason said about that tune typically asking for 3200, it makes me wonder...if its dry in the morning ill Log a WOT run in that tune.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
sorry for the double post but I have another question for Jason, when i got my tunes last year i told Jonathon that i had plans for either a billet turbo wheel or 38r in the future could he have upped the icp demand based on that? just a thought.

m j

Reaction score
I thought they usually dont push ICP that high as you are dancing closer to the pump pressure relief spring rating.

it is not very expensive to put a temporary mechanical gauge in the oil rail to test pressure

diehardstroker

Reaction score
Did some logging this morning and played with the settings on the app, my window mount for the phone broke so I wasn't able to watch it the whole time on the screen so I'm gonna have to wait to look at the logs when I get home to my laptop.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
alright, I looked at the log file and Lincolnlocker nailed it, I saw pressure spike up to 3400 psi on this WOT run and then she bounced between 3000-3100 psi. I think before what i saw displayed was the max value the app recorded. this makes more since, cause the tune is asking for around 3200 psi. seems like I found my answer lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
alright, I looked at the log file and Lincolnlocker nailed it, I saw pressure spike up to 3400 psi on this WOT run and then she bounced between 3000-3100 psi. I think before what i saw displayed was the max value the app recorded. this makes more since, cause the tune is asking for around 3200 psi. seems like I found my answer lol

There ya go bud.. sounds about right.

live life full throttle

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
My stock pump was always weak. I would have to run 80% IPR to maintain 2500 psi ICP in most all of my tunes. My adrenaline pump really woke my truck up. 3000 psi at 40% on the same tunes.
And it really pushes my PIS injectors!��

thuglike

Reaction score
sorry for the double post but I have another question for Jason, when i got my tunes last year i told Jonathon that i had plans for either a billet turbo wheel or 38r in the future could he have upped the icp demand based on that? just a thought.

Not really..any injector talk at the time?

Latest posts