T500 vs stock pump test

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
That's what I would really like. I want data for T500, Adrenaline, Honey Badger Jr. There is no need for an SRP-1. It's basically the next step up. We already know that. For instance, I try to tell people that if you have stock to 250/100's, then get an Adrenaline. They seem to be the best and most reliable for the price range and output. If you have 250/200's to 400/200's, then get an SRP-1. You sacrafice some reliability for volume, but it's an awesome pump for the price. Anything bigger go duals or gen 3. So Basically an SRP-1 isn't in the same class that we're talking about. No point in comparing it. Now if Jason wants to pit the HB Senior against the SRP-1 and whatever offering Joey can come up with, then yeah. Let's see that data too. I don't care who does the testing. I'm just offering a pump for testing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's what I would really like. I want data for T500, Adrenaline, Honey Badger Jr. There is no need for an SRP-1. It's basically the next step up. We already know that. For instance, I try to tell people that if you have stock to 250/100's, then get an Adrenaline. They seem to be the best and most reliable for the price range and output. If you have 250/200's to 400/200's, then get an SRP-1. You sacrafice some reliability for volume, but it's an awesome pump for the price. Anything bigger go duals or gen 3. So Basically an SRP-1 isn't in the same class that we're talking about. No point in comparing it. Now if Jason wants to pit the HB Senior against the SRP-1 and whatever offering Joey can come up with, then yeah. Let's see that data too. I don't care who does the testing. I'm just offering a pump for testing.

Once I get the dually back inline I will do some testing. I may just send the hpop out of my 01 in to have it turned into a t500 then ill have all three in my possession. Ill run them each on my dually with the 170/100s.. as of now the Adrenaline holds 2980-3020 icp at 62-65% dc at wot. Thats what it has been running since it was live tuned at beans back in December 2010 and its tuned for max hp and I dont know if that is what its calling for or not.. but it Hasn't missed a lick yet.

Pretty sure that these numbers are what the tune is calling for.
DD tune 3200icp 45-50%dc
Economy tune 3600icp 25-30%dc

live life full throttle

Reaction score

It's still a stock housing pump though. I would like to see a test between all 4 of the pumps. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
The SRP1 isn't in the same league as these pumps, regardless of it being in a stock housing.. There is no comparing them. End of story. The SRP1 could only ever be compared with the Honey Badger Sr, the T1000, and whatever Bobs bigger pump was called. Currently Bob isn't offering his big hpop and the T1000 still hasn't been released yet.

Not to mention that in order to test it someone would have to buy it. You won't find me wasting any of my money on an SRP1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

m j

Reaction score
You refering to all of those broke SRP-1 and SRP1.1s in the PSA and PSN threads?

"all of those" are currently 2 guys posting over and over.
one of them is still whining about a years old srp1, the other is still driving his truck when he knows the pump is dead yet is whining about what it will cost to clean the injectors of fragments.
hint: stop running it when you know its cooked

did you look at the graphs here? T500 cannot maintain ICP called for by programming. look at the duty cycle on STOCK INJECTORs
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=922064&postcount=2

its your old worn out pump with a swash plate stuffed in it

that pretty much makes it a non player.

99% of the pump threads completely lack transparency and useful data.
'muh pumps dont pump' whine threads rather then fact finding to see what killed it.

thuglike

Reaction score
Boy, I am not looking foward to the first time we get racked over the coals. Will we see failures?..no doubt!! We can and will make it right as fast as possible with those customers. It's all we can do at that point.

So I will disclose right now..closing in on 500 pumps sold we have documented 9 failures.

3 rear leaks
3 o-rings
1 bad tap
2 completely destroyed...We are calling them manufactures defects. They were totally destroyed inside.
Oddly enough the same customer destroyed both pumps.

We have corrected the rear cover, o-ring and tap problems!!!! We learned as we went.

Every pump was replaced at no cost to the customer.

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm following the other thread as I'm a proud owner of an srp1.1, currently. Well see.
Jason, willingness to post your problems, discuss them, and satisfy your customers goes a looooong ways. I hope your track record only improves, I may need one of your pumps before I'm done, lol.

thuglike

Reaction score
As long as I am in charge of this end of our business we will NEVER hide anything from the buying public. I've been on both sides of the fence and I believe this is the best way to conduct business!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've asked Jason several times how many pumps, how many failures, bla bla bla... Because some like to talk trash and I like to talk from an informed opinion. Never anything but truth for sure...

BTW... No trashed pumps from me...LOL

Tom S

Reaction score
I would like to see some decent testing like I have tried to do in the past with the Adrenaline and the T-500. Maybe I will be lucky and someone around here will get one I want to do some data logging.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Jason would you be willing to donate a pump to borrow for a test? It would be nice to have all this info in a thread as a sticky. To be honest nobody except us really cares, but it's information we would like. When you're talking about pumps the only thing that really matters is that it holds up to the injectors you are running. At that point it's personal preference. But knowing exactly what to expect from each one is good knowledge.

TyCorr

Reaction score
"all of those" are currently 2 guys posting over and over.
one of them is still whining about a years old srp1, the other is still driving his truck when he knows the pump is dead yet is whining about what it will cost to clean the injectors of fragments.
hint: stop running it when you know its cooked

did you look at the graphs here? T500 cannot maintain ICP called for by programming. look at the duty cycle on STOCK INJECTORs
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=922064&postcount=2

its your old worn out pump with a swash plate stuffed in it

that pretty much makes it a non player.

99% of the pump threads completely lack transparency and useful data.
'muh pumps dont pump' whine threads rather then fact finding to see what killed it.

The guy who is whining has trashed three sets of injectors because the pumps keep failing. I dont consider that an illegitimate gripe.

I dont know who the other person is.that has a "years old pump" that you speak of. If you'e talking shti about me, my pump is NOT even a year old. Its been ***ked up for a while and since it has been below zero all winter here, it sat. I have a household to run, people.to.keep happy, and four guys to keep busy. I have a stock work truck so the truck has litle priority. The pump has been quirky inside of one oil change and its pretty hard to diagnose an issue without running, driving, and troubleshooting.

Your solution of "finding out whats really wrong" is great except you'll never know what was causing the issues. Its not like Gary is.going to.come on here and expound on how every version has continued to fail.

I realize you'e trying to rock the boat but you look foolish with half the **** that comez out of your mouth.

m j

Reaction score
are you still driving the truck with a known pooched pump?
you did post that you were pouring water on it so you could continue driving it.
do you think that is possibly how the injectors get full of debris if they did have debris in them?

try using the process of elimination to determine if you are the one with the years old srp currently resurrecting every thread from 2011 when srp were having issues.

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
Boy, I am not looking foward to the first time we get racked over the coals. Will we see failures?..no doubt!! We can and will make it right as fast as possible with those customers. It's all we can do at that point.

So I will disclose right now..closing in on 500 pumps sold we have documented 9 failures.

3 rear leaks
3 o-rings
1 bad tap
2 completely destroyed...We are calling them manufactures defects. They were totally destroyed inside.

We have corrected the rear cover, o-ring and tap problems!!!! We learned as we went.

This is the best sales pitch there is....honesty. If everyone who made hi po parts would post their failure rates it would really put some people at ease about buying from them. 9 out of 500 is pretty darn good in my book especially for a relatively new manufacturer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Jason would you be willing to donate a pump to borrow for a test? It would be nice to have all this info in a thread as a sticky. To be honest nobody except us really cares, but it's information we would like. When you're talking about pumps the only thing that really matters is that it holds up to the injectors you are running. At that point it's personal preference. But knowing exactly what to expect from each one is good knowledge.

Various injectors tuned to max hp would be ideal also.. like I mentioned, I may have to send in an hpop out of the 01 to get a t500 but at least I would have all three to test with my 170/100s. Hell, I could test all of them against a healthy stocker on my brothers 02 stock injected truck. But his isnt tuned for max hp though.

live life full throttle

thuglike

Reaction score

I would have to ask Jonathan. I'll discuss it with him to see.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

3 rear leaks
3 o-rings
1 bad tap

I was one of the bad o-ring pumps. It was the o-ring for the plug that is on 45* downward. I should've picked it up on install but sh!t happens. Called up, told them the issue and had another pump/HPOP gasket sent to me no questions asked. :rockon:

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.