powersmokin88

Reaction score
This is a tip I just did for a buddy.
IMG_20130412_192218_397_zps2f13a907.jpg.html

ResizedImage_1365899172163_zps9f9fbd5d.jpg.html

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont like the slashed tip.either....

I just want a 6 or 7" square cut. Sat the bed on there tonight and you'll only see about 10" of just the tip. So regardless of size you wont see any pipe or anything. 6" stainless oughta work.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
either do a 5" to 5" or a 5" to 6" max... anything more then that, might as well wear a flatbill sideways and tapout shirts with it.

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
I do wear sideways flatbill hats!! Im gonna get nautical.stars tattooed on my elbows too!

Nah, I just want it to look good. You know how stupid 4" and 5" tips look next to.35 and 37" tires? If I cant find a tip I like, I just wont run one.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. 5" aluminized mbrp with no muffler. Its the best.exhaust ive ever had. Ive had a 4" that I made, a silverline 4", a 5" magnablows, a 4" banks "monster" exhaust(with that power elbow, ebpv delete), and now this. Ive got to say they have the best thought out system. Its easily installed, laying on your back using one hand. No knees required.

The banks exhaust, hold the laughs please lol, was the nicest next to mbrp. The biggest gripe with it is soooooo many friggin hangers and they are ALL welded to the pipe. It made it.four years and is still in good shape but for some reason is starting to rust? It SS! I dont know but I remember paying 1300 bucks for stainless and the elbow was another 190. That elbow is NICE!! I was sort of regretting not using it again but I gutted and plug welded a stock ebpv.housing and so I wanted to utilize it. I would have cleaned the entire exhaust up and painted it and reinstalled it but I had to have 5". Ill probably clean it up and sell the.exhaust/elbow.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Here's the same exhaust with a 6" slash cut, I think it sticks out to far but haven't messed with it since it was put on. Every once and a while I think about changing it up but it's tight under there with a 35" spare
4ejyhuba.jpg

e6e7evud.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've had one exhaust on this truck since the day I bought it... Here are a few pictures with a 6" tip...

Attachments

• IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    454.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    521.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 2219.jpg
    Picture 2219.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 2535.jpg
    Picture 2535.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 147

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think those 6"tips look good...saves me 50-60 bones over a 7" tip. I know this.newb.shti.but with 37s that 5" tip looked like 2" 80s exhaust. Plus the awkward exit angle didnt help. Mbrp tucks their exhaust up high and tight and it exits at a nice angle.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'll see if I can dig up some pics of my old SD with a 5" exhaust and a 6" turndown. I'm a turndown fan but most aren't. The 5" kit was a diamond eye and I wasn't impressed with the fit. To do over again I woulda went with the mbrp.

jdc753

Reaction score
I have 5" with a 6" MBRP double walled tip tip, I like it, but honestly have always thought it was too small next to the 35's and wouldn't mind it being a touch longer. 7" would be nice or just dump it over the axle.

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

no tip just looks unfinished unless you hide it back under the truck. Kinda like just driving around in primer only.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I think those 6"tips look good...saves me 50-60 bones over a 7" tip. I know this.newb.shti.but with 37s that 5" tip looked like 2" 80s exhaust. Plus the awkward exit angle didnt help. Mbrp tucks their exhaust up high and tight and it exits at a nice angle.

I started out with 4 to 5" tips and they didnt look right, they also didnt come out at the right angle.

So after a bit I cut them off then slipped the 5 to 6" tips over the left over 5". This allowed me to get the tips nice and tight and at the right angle.

I'll see if I can dig up some pics of my old SD with a 5" exhaust and a 6" turndown. I'm a turndown fan but most aren't. The 5" kit was a diamond eye and I wasn't impressed with the fit. To do over again I woulda went with the mbrp.

I want some turn downs, its just so low on the priority list its not even visible.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
^^^not knocking on your own preference but i think that looks like chit in my opinion .... it just looks like your trying to make up for something... my dually has a 5 " to 5" turn down cuz it kept turning the rear corner black and has it stained a bit... but its your own truck, who cares what everyone else thinks. to me it goes like this, if it dont go, chrome it. in other words if it doesn't run worth a dam ya might as well make it look good.. that and paint dont make it pull, or paint dont make power.. a bunch of the truck/tractor pullers say that around here just pokin fun... and with my ol 79 ford i used to pull, it was hideous but ran very well for what it was.

live life full throttle

CSIPSD

Reaction score
^^^not knocking on your own preference but i think that looks like chit in my opinion .... it just looks like your trying to make up for something... my dually has a 5 " to 5" turn down cuz it kept turning the rear corner black and has it stained a bit... but its your own truck, who cares what everyone else thinks. to me it goes like this, if it dont go, chrome it. in other words if it doesn't run worth a dam ya might as well make it look good.. that and paint dont make it pull, or paint dont make power.. a bunch of the truck/tractor pullers say that around here just pokin fun... and with my ol 79 ford i used to pull, it was hideous but ran very well for what it was.

live life full throttle

If I were running 33's then I would stick with a smaller tip, but with 37's it just looks weird.

Also keep in mind my tips are not the uber short ones, I hate those. Mine are 18" long before the taper.

You cant hurt my feelings, I lost them years and years ago when Diane yelled at me one day...:cursing:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
hell joe i wasnt even saying that about you... guess i didnt realize you posted between jdc and me... guess i need to start using quotes. yours look good joe being long tube like that.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
jdc i take that back when i looked at it on my phone i didnt' realize it was jut a 1inch step up or that you even said it was... it looked like one of those 4 to 5 inch adapters welded to a 5 to 6 inch tip... i can see it better now on my computer.

the long tips make a big difference in looks..

ty, i think i have a 5 to 5 stainless tip somewhere if ya want it... ill have to find it and see what kinda shape its in if interested. its a standard tip not a long one. might be angle cut too. dont remember prolly nothing you like but worth a shot if ya want.

Last edited:

jdc753

Reaction score
jdc i take that back when i looked at it on my phone i didnt' realize it was jut a 1inch step up or that you even said it was... it looked like one of those 4 to 5 inch adapters welded to a 5 to 6 inch tip... i can see it better now on my computer.

the long tips make a big difference in looks..

No worries, we all have different opinions, and that is what helps and keeps everything different instead of the same truck over and over again.

Yea I don't like the big transition, and longer tip helps out big time, but when I got this I wanted a dual wall instead of the simple slash cut, and they didn't have anything longer in dual wall. Before it got put on the truck the tip looked HUGE, then when it was mounting it pretty much got swallowed up with the size of the truck and tire it's next too, so I was kinda disappointed, but at the same time I can't stand when things are out of proportion.

Latest posts