Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Probably can be done ESP since right now nothing is really on top of the engine. Just hate doing pan gaskets inframe easy to *** up the gakset

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Yea inframe pan gaskets suck but a little indian head gasket sealant holds it in place.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Got my Ford pump from Aaron last night so ill try and get that in the valley this weekend. Still waiting on the cp3 bracket to get all that lined out. Prob have the 71 next week then things should start moving along a little faster

Charles

Reaction score
I would hate to have to TIG on a piece of metal that had oil all over the other side. You cab pullin guys just don't know what it's like to yank a motor, pull the pan, do your work and then stuff it all back in the truck, lol.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Not to answer for Dustin, but the reason I would go vgt, is because of the altitude we live at, turbos get pretty laggy and performance drops off a bit. Vgts are our way of cheating lol.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
No different then running a small Turbo with a tight housing and gating around it.

Except it will probably spool faster and I wont have to gate as much. Tadd mods the turbine side too so its not like a stock Turbo

Charles

Reaction score
No different then running a small Turbo with a tight housing and gating around it.

Except it will probably spool faster and I wont have to gate as much. Tadd mods the turbine side too so its not like a stock Turbo

It's actually better because you still make use of the heat energy when the vanes are wide open as opposed to diverting that energy around like a fixed geometry system with gate would.

A dual VGT setup would be very nice. We don't normally associate VGT with big power because most commercially available VGT offerings are for stock vehicles running dismally small units.

Matt

Reaction score
A little off topic, but still, Dustin, where did you find the flanges to match up to the factory up pipes?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well i didnt get the cp3 bracket this week, so it will give me time to put the ford HPFP in and get everything sorted out with that, and the rest of the weekend to think about what i want to do.

Earlier i was all pump to try stock turbos, now, im like meh, leave the experimenting to someone else, i have tried enough new things, and while this 71 is new, its nothing ground breaking really, so i may just stick this route, gunna try and talk to tadd this weekend as well as a couple other people to figure out what i wanna do

Erikclaw

Reaction score
So are you going to run the stock HPFP and one cp3 or dual cp3's? I would stick with the 71 and 86 to be honest. I am sure this setup will outperform the triple experiment and you could probably use all the fuel you want with the dual set up.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Running a bone stock ford HPFP and then a modified LMM Cp3

Got the CP3 mounted, but its really going to suck making a bracket for the turbo now, im actually thinking about making something that goes over the top of the alternator and uses the alternator bolts to partially mount, just worried about doing it this way, im thinking one up top, the alternator, and then exhaust studs to triangulate the set up... what a biach these things are to work on....

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Any pics Dustin of the CP3 mount setup? Is it the empire setup? I ve been on a waiting list for them and im looking foward to seeing the kits and hopefully getting ahold of one.

Latest posts

Members online