Time to do injectors

Arisley

Reaction score
Your truck started b4 all this so it’s nothing to do with ipr, icp etc - or so im lead to believe...

Okay just for chits... plug in your reader and let’s see what you got for ipr and icp. Icp at 100 and bouncing, ipr under 50. If icp is not at least 100, your pump may be installed incorrectly

Then unplug the icp. I wanna say I would like to see icp 2000+, ipr under 50

For chits walk me through you hpop install. Was the gear on the pump when you screwed on that bolt? 18mm IIRC... crank pulley jammed to torque the hpop to 98 ft/lbs?

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

I always make sure the gear is right, snug up gthe bolt and hit it with my impact an number 2 setting. With multiple tests, I have found that is about 105 lbs. Close enough for me.

I've seen the same exact thing.
Turns out the gear wasn't actually seated on the hpop shaft.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Exactly.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Yup and yup. You can crank till pigs fly and it will never start if that bolt isn’t on the hpop

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
That could be it. When installed the hpop it went together fine no bind at all. But I’m sure I didn’t torque it. I went by the instructions from diesel site on the install. They didn’t mention torque numbers but they are detailed about it not being lined up. I should’ve looked up the torque value online so that’s my mistake.

DieselDC

Reaction score
That could be it. When installed the hpop it went together fine no bind at all. But I’m sure I didn’t torque it. I went by the instructions from diesel site on the install. They didn’t mention torque numbers but they are detailed about it not being lined up. I should’ve looked up the torque value online so that’s my mistake.

Iirc Bob from dieselsite says if you can’t torque the nut down, torque it down till she spins the motor and you’re gtg.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Also this question? Does it matter which plug you fill oil in on head? I did it on the back plugs not where the icp is located.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Iirc Bob from dieselsite says if you can’t torque the nut down, torque it down till she spins the motor and you’re gtg.

—————signature—————

Looks like I’ll be digging in there to,orrow just to be on the safe side. I know I didn’t get it that tight.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Also this question? Does it matter which plug you fill oil in on head? I did it on the back plugs not where the icp is located.

I don’t know I’ve always used the 3/16 plug on top to fill it. Fckker is so damn small I have a specific jb welded funnel made for it b/c I’ve changed out a few many hpops.

—————signature—————

DieselDC

Reaction score
One last tip b4 wife grabs my phone.... brace your breaker bar on the steering armatures to lock crank pulley in place while you torque the hpop bolt.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
One last tip b4 wife grabs my phone.... brace your breaker bar on the steering armatures to lock crank pulley in place while you torque the hpop bolt.

—————signature—————

Thanks for tip

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Fill from the front of the heads at the highest possible point so air doesnt get trapped. It could take a while to reprime the system. I have seen it go both ways many times. My dually almost always fired right up on the first crank but others had to have a jup box on and a truck hooked to the batteries to keep it happy to roll hard and start. Few hrs to a couple days of cranking.

Dont remove anything from the hpo system that could introduce more air until you are 110% certain that it is the issue or you could be at it for days...

live life full throttle

79jasper

Reaction score

—————signature—————
And see, that's the thing. I was spinning mine. Lol so you could see the confusion.
"Oh well I torqued it down to spec." Doesn't mean anything if you're just pinching the gear. Lol

DieselDC

Reaction score
And see, that's the thing. I was spinning mine. Lol so you could see the confusion.
"Oh well I torqued it down to spec." Doesn't mean anything if you're just pinching the gear. Lol

Haha that’s why i say to lock up the crank pulley with a breaker bar and then snug it in to the hpop to 98 ft/lbs. Just make damn sure the gear is aligned with the hpop else it won’t be spinning squat.

If you need to remove the crank pulley, same procedure with the breaker bar. Then go inside and give it a crank or two and you’re set.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Well I tore into it this morning. Removed the hpop reservoir and checked to make sure it was aligned and all looked good. Torqued it down till it turned the crankshaft. My tw only goes to 75 so when I put it on it clicked before thinking about moving the nut. Made sure the bolts were tight for hpop and poured diesel fuel in the ipr and pushed the spring in with a small screwdriver. Not much in the way of goop and spring had good tension. Put it back on all is tight. New connectors for ipr and icp from Ford. I’ve cranked on it a dozen or so times even a couple shots of either. It fired but no response at all to the pedal. I’ve got a 200amp charger hooked to it so plenty of battery. I really need live data to be certain at this point.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Here’s a pic of hpop

Attachments

• D5663711-891A-41E7-B4B7-E7543D063271.jpg
    D5663711-891A-41E7-B4B7-E7543D063271.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 79

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Any smoke coming out the tailpipe?

You really need to hook up a scanner. See what you have for ICP, IPR% and PW.

Confirm that you didn't mix up the EBPV wire with the IPR wire.

If you have an old injector harness lying around, it's the same connector for the IPR. Apply 12v directly to the IPR and see what your HPO is.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Dirtclod

Reaction score
^EBP sensor.

My ebp plug is cut and dead end cause it’s been eliminated. I’ve removed the icp sensor and plug on the front on passenger side and filled with oil. Unplugged idm and cranked over a few times then plugged in. The only time I’ve noticed smoke is when I shot ether to it. Fuel pressure is 62 psi. I removed plugs after starting attempts and there was pressure on the rails. Doesn’t mean anything really one could only assume the pump will make some pressure if the ipr is opening. If no smoke then probably no fuel. I’m going to unplug the chip and try it after I get it in hydrolocked. For some reason that happened after I filled with oil in front plugs.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
If you hydrolocked the motor by filling the rails, you have a major leak into the combustion chamber.

You really need to put a scanner on.

Did you try putting 12v directly to the IPR?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yep I agree. Took glow plugs out on driver side and turned the crank a few rounds with a breaker bar. So should be ok except starter might be locked up or toast. I’ll find a scanner or programmer before I go further.

Latest posts

Members online