Traction Bars? Lets see them.

Black AOD

Reaction score
ptm'd OUO long gusset bars and ALA's :toast: Jared, aka breaking habits on here will hook you up with what ever you need
IMG_0128_zpsnhjy59yi.jpg

I have a crush on this truck. It looks SOOO good.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
So which brand is better? Pmf or ouo. Pmf looks good and is better priced

Either one will do the job effectively. Quality and customer service is outstanding for both companies. Flip a coin as you cannot go wrong either way.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Your truck looks awesome too Pete, and yours is WAY faster lol (no offense WHY NOT)

But those PTM suspension parts and the weld wheels...Mhmmmm :drool:

One day it will make more power, its just everyone always wants to get paid for parts, such a pain in the a$$, Really cuts into my fun LOL

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I've seen OUO NOT limit the true way the axle is suppose to work. From FULL droop to FULL compression.

Until any other company can prove that. I personally will stick with OUO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for a solid example of why we feel or product is the best.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I've seen OUO NOT limit the true way the axle is suppose to work. From FULL droop to FULL compression.

Until any other company can prove that. I personally will stick with OUO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you like to see?
I have access to some pretty steep concrete ramps around our loading docks. I might be able to twist my truck up in the name of science. I've seen zero binding or limitations from the PMF bars.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
We have several....I'm not sure they'll let me get crazy with those though. There's a new owner and he doesn't have the sense of humor the old owner did.
The concrete around our docks are real similar to those articulation ramp things though.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Breaking habits acts like he has put a pmf trac bar owner to shame before lol

I have spent quite some time with different set ups comparing the advantages and disadvantages. This started in 2009 when I wanted a set of bars for my 6.4 that would take the abuse I put them through. Thats when I reached out to DC and Marty @ Truck Toyz. I was a customer before I was ever even a part of the company. During these years I've been able to observe through the sidelines and first hand experience what does/doesn't work, and most of all, why.

I wouldn't say I've put specifically a PMF traction bar owner to shame. I would rather educate the end user to understand why something is reacting a certain way or in most circumstances isn't doing what it is supposed. I'd rather educate the end user than to look like an asshole.

What would you like to see?

The fork lift test is pretty simple. We've done it over the years on many different trucks in order to show that there is never a limitation throughout the range of compression or droop.

The biggest issue is no other company has a frame mount that performs as well as ours. A shackle cannot pivot how our mount does, and when one side is lifted different than the other, many "competitors products" will either break the bar, frame mount, or axle mount, and literally just come apart.

The key thing people talk about is flex, where as my argument lies strictly with articulation. And in specific, not limiting it.

Rich,

I'd like to address something, just in conversation, for conversations sake.

One of my dearest and oldest friends helped you put shocks on the rear of your truck when you were visiting IL last year.

When you guys went to put the rear shocks on your truck, it was noted that your rear suspension creaked and wouldn't full droop out, and that you actually had to lift the shocks up (which were for the height of your truck) just to get them into the mounts.

Now, again, I am asking in conversational terms. Did you ever consider that the rear end was binding up? That something was physically limiting the travel of the rear end and leaf springs from fully drooping down to maximum extension? I know you opted not to disconnect the bars and to see if the rear end would droop anymore. I really just want to know your thoughts.

Mainly for the sake of conversation, that I just put a set of those fox reservoir shocks on the front and rear of my 2015 with One Up Offroad Traction Blocks, and they went right in. No lift, no jack, just pushed them down and bolted them.

Again, I don't want this to be taken as an attack, because its not. I'm looking for an open conversation.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
When we put the shocks on at Dans house it wasn't the bars holding us back...it was the lack of a tall enough floor jack to get the truck up high enough. We simply ran out of room. I even had to stack wood blocks on the jack to try to lift it high enough.
The bars weren't the issue at all. We had the same issue with the front shocks.

DC@Special

Reaction score
Actually both front and rear were fully drooped. Front Brake lines were possibly the issue along with sway bar. Collapsed the shock and install. Rears we had those tall stands under the hitch and the tires drooped in the air. My buddy was even trying to lean on your tire to pull it down more. For clarification.

Lucky guess on my password here. LOL

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying....sorta. With blocks on the jack it got it high enough to fully droop...then the shocks were still long as hell. You know how hard we worked on that crap. LOL

Latest posts

Members online