Trans Clutches.....

jtpappy

Reaction score
Going 30mph trying to go up at hill at 40mph 4th doesn't grab, or droppes to second really bad, tc doesn't lock, 5th doesn't lock, fluid burn...
I am looking to get a set of clutches fast and reliable. What do you guys replacement for 800hp, plow truck, daily driver, and weekend drag truck?
I really don't have time to read though 10 threads about this, I need something to be order tonight or tomorrow morning... Thanks guys.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Not to take away from a vendor making a sale but due to past experiences I'd order right from the source and call TCS and get their rebuild kit with gpz clutches. I had issues a couple years ago when I initially ordered my kit and the time frame it took to get in. I found out after that the kit really came from TCS so that's where I'll order from from now on, no middle man.

jtpappy

Reaction score
I would call elite but no one likes to answer lol....
But I will try. I just don't know what parts I need before its opened up.

Halvy85

Reaction score
:whs: I wish I would have got mine apart before I ordered parts because I ended up needing more than just clutches. Had to put stock stuff in due to time restrictions. I got my kit from elite and it hasn't missed a beat yet with about a dozen sled pulls on it and every day driving. I'm sure both Midwest and Elite will get you set up with whatever you need.

sootie

Reaction score
Call Morgan @ Midwest Diesel 217-691-1909 and discuss your options. billit parts are the best along with GPZ clutches. he builds all the transmissions in house and will build to suit your needs and budget. super happy with mine...

NathannialD

Reaction score
Not to take away from a vendor making a sale but due to past experiences I'd order right from the source and call TCS and get their rebuild kit with gpz clutches. I had issues a couple years ago when I initially ordered my kit and the time frame it took to get in. I found out after that the kit really came from TCS so that's where I'll order from from now on, no middle man.

You shouldn't speak when you don't know....

Tcs does have a kit but it is not the same as ours. We get our clutches directly from raybestos. I'm getting tired of defending myself because you had a problem with us years ago. Please drop it and move on

madman1234509

Reaction score
You shouldn't speak when you don't know....

Tcs does have a kit but it is not the same as ours. We get our clutches directly from raybestos. I'm getting tired of defending myself because you had a problem with us years ago. Please drop it and move on

Sorry, not trying to keep beating a dead horse about bad experiences I've had with Elite. My whole point was that most vendors are just middle men for these transmission parts and it may just be easier in the long run to order directly from the source.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Sorry, not trying to keep beating a dead horse about bad experiences I've had with Elite. My whole point was that most vendors are just middle men for these transmission parts and it may just be easier in the long run to order directly from the source.

Their kit is significantly better based off of experiences we have had through our shop.

OP, i just called in for sales and rang straight to Jamie's desk. Had Levi on the phone in 30 seconds since Nathannial was busy :p

jtpappy

Reaction score
I just scored Gpz and seal kit and everything for 780! I don't think anyone could beat that... Elite has to sell their orings and seals separate....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
installation is key...some trans builders have a few tricks on internal modifications to let your trans live....

oh and warranty

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Significantly better than what? And who wouldn't rush to answer the phone to hear your sexy voice?! :p

Hahaha you silly bastard, i knew i missed you.

Than just the normal thrown together kits.

The custom plates,clutches designed by elite seem to have a better success rate than the thrown together GPZ kits from my experience

Latest posts

Members online