Trans Clutches.....

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Not to take away from a vendor making a sale but due to past experiences I'd order right from the source and call TCS and get their rebuild kit with gpz clutches. I had issues a couple years ago when I initially ordered my kit and the time frame it took to get in. I found out after that the kit really came from TCS so that's where I'll order from from now on, no middle man.

This post is a blatant lie!! I used to respect your opinion but now it's not even opinion as your statement is 100% false.

We buy our shafts from TCS just like every other company out there selling billet shafts. Our Trans kits were designed by me and are assembled by me, with Raybestos clutches. We use Kolene steels and we machine the pistons and pressure plates.

madman1234509

Reaction score
This post is a blatant lie!! I used to respect your opinion but now it's not even opinion as your statement is 100% false.

We buy our shafts from TCS just like every other company out there selling billet shafts. Our Trans kits were designed by me and are assembled by me, with Raybestos clutches. We use Kolene steels and we machine the pistons and pressure plates.

Well I apologize, somewhere along the lines my information must have become skewed between where the shafts and clutches came from....

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yea apparently. I guess I'm just impartial to past experiences and need to get over it. I'm in no way trying to spread false info. Was just trying to help a forum member out as far as customer service and potentially being able to contact the source for direct info on something.

And Mike, your comment isn't necessary. I don't give out false information anymore than the next person, and I never do it intentionally. I'm only human and make mistakes just like the next person.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea apparently. I guess I'm just impartial to past experiences and need to get over it. I'm in no way trying to spread false info. Was just trying to help a forum member out as far as customer service and potentially being able to contact the source for direct info on something.

And Mike, your comment isn't necessary. I don't give out false information anymore than the next person, and I never do it intentionally. I'm only human and make mistakes just like the next person.

just like all the info you gave about my motor ? did I think you did it intentionally? no. do you have an axe to grind , yes it appears you do. and yes I make mistakes too, everyday. just think before you speak, I'm trying to practice what I preach here.

madman1234509

Reaction score
What info about your motor? I didn't know anything about the specifics of your motor except for the fact that it is a relatively rare build, and replacing anything one off or not that common is hard in any motorsport, especially the small niche of diesel hotrodding. It is just something to think about when buying anything, especially when its going to be pushed to its limits and most likely break at some point. I didn't intend on ruining a sale or cause issues for anyone.

jtpappy

Reaction score
Tcs was the best service I have ever experienced!! He told me the truth and didn't try to sell me on stuff I don't need. Paul answered the phone after one ring! 3 TIMES!! Because I needed my card number. Raybestos are Raybestoes. I truly don't care where you get them. The trans builder is the key, machining what he things will work for the application and budget. I don't buy parts for the name. Just customer service and warranty. Same reason we don't buy from RBP... Over priced. Same with Rigid. Same with Elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Tcs was the best service I have ever experienced!! He told me the truth and didn't try to sell me on stuff I don't need. Paul answered the phone after one ring! 3 TIMES!! Because I needed my card number. Raybestos are Raybestoes. I truly don't care where you get them. The trans builder is the key, machining what he things will work for the application and budget. I don't buy parts for the name. Just customer service and warranty. Same reason we don't buy from RBP... Over priced. Same with Rigid. Same with Elite.

Tell it like it is buddy.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

It's not about just materials. It's about different thickness clutches, quantity of clutches and kolenes and custom pieces that Tadd has done. His kits are worth the money, and different than TCS components. Just like how they are different from a Suncoast gpz kit

jtpappy

Reaction score
So your telling me GPZs from company A and GPZs from company B aren't the same...? I believe they are all made in the same building with all the same hands. Just shipped to different high quality dealers. I feel some false advertising.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
So your telling me GPZs from company A and GPZs from company B aren't the same...? I believe they are all made in the same building with all the same hands. Just shipped to different high quality dealers. I feel some false advertising.

You realize GPZ specifies a material. You give a measurement, thickness, etc and have something made to spec. No different than how we have ARP make us 6.7 head stud kits with our specs, that arp refuses to manufacture and sell themselves

I don't think you are understanding how the process works.

We have our own custom direct stacks made by raybestos with clutches they make from our measurements.

I think you are assuming raybestos builds their own kit and distributes it to dealers and everyone markets theirs as different, if so, you are misinformed

Reaction score
You realize GPZ specifies a material. You give a measurement, thickness, etc and have something made to spec. No different than how we have ARP make us 6.7 head stud kits with our specs, that arp refuses to manufacture and sell themselves

I don't think you are understanding how the process works.

We have our own custom direct stacks made by raybestos with clutches they make from our measurements.

I think you are assuming raybestos builds their own kit and distributes it to dealers and everyone markets theirs as different, if so, you are misinformed

Correct!

Raybestos does not make "kits" raybestos makes friction elements and some other parts.

Other companies/retailers put certain frictions and steels and custom parts specifies for their specific kits into their own.

So, to say elites kit, tcs's kit, suncoast kits are all the same is a bunch of stuff pulled out of state me ones a**. I've used them, they are not the same. Period. Not bs no "sales pitch". I don't even sell a kit.

johnp115

Reaction score
Same material yes but each clutch pack consists of different thickness on the disks. Some vendors/shops will choose specific thickness's for certain disks and then there you have the difference between clutch packs

jtpappy

Reaction score
If it different thickness then they wouldn't be able to have the same number per pack..? not understanding. If the material is thicker then less clutches, if they are thinner then more clutches. I will make sure my builder has the same amount as described on elites website.

Crack85

Reaction score
If it different thickness then they wouldn't be able to have the same number per pack..? not understanding. If the material is thicker then less clutches, if they are thinner then more clutches. I will make sure my builder has the same amount as described on elites website.

LOL.....

Is he going to machine the piston and pressure plates to fit the additional ones as well ;)

Latest posts

Members online