transmission questions

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I recently installed my dpf delete and tunes from eric. Im running the xrace with racelock. I have put 150 miles of mixed driving with a few runs to 70 at 30psi of boost. I got on it hard for the first time at about 45 psi of boost and it seemed to shift alittle funny. When I stoped the truck stuck in 4th gear and wouldn't shift out till I turned the truck off. When I re started it it was fine, do I need to let the trans learn longer? Only 80000 on the truck all stock, just looking for answers of what to do besides a built tranny Thanks

Spatel23

Reaction score
Erics tunes dont normally need to learn to my knowledge.

Maybe do a few good wipe open pulls and see if it happens again.
Id also check trans fluid level. When was it changed or has it been?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have read posts by Eric stating that you need to do some kind of transmission relearn. I'm guessing that a solenoid stuck and that was the issue.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have read posts by Eric stating that you need to do some kind of transmission relearn. I'm guessing that a solenoid stuck and that was the issue.

eric always told me a WOT pass..the first may have a hiccup, and the 2nd would be perfect. so far he's been correct.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
eric always told me a WOT pass..the first may have a hiccup, and the 2nd would be perfect. so far he's been correct.

That'll typically do it. I usually like to let it shift through the gears 4 or 5 times before I hammer it, but the WOT pulls usually get the job done and quick.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So I made 2 passes, first one was rough and seem like it didn't know what to do. Second one set the wrench light on. Is racelock suppose to lock the tc in lower gears, or is there a way to set that, tc didn't lock till od

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
So I made 2 passes, first one was rough and seem like it didn't know what to do. Second one set the wrench light on. Is racelock suppose to lock the tc in lower gears, or is there a way to set that, tc didn't lock till od

Sounds like your Trans is on its way out

6.4psd916

Reaction score
It might be, with only 80000 on it that sucks, it alway drove fine stock, and up to 35 psi of boost, who has good deals on transmissions, it will be a few months but its good to know what I need, Thanks for your help guys

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would start simple before declaring the transmission on its way out. Did you check to see what code popped up when the wrench came on? I've had a wrench come on with my SunCoast driving 15 MPH and it ended up being nothing. I'm betting you have a bad solenoid.

MINK

Reaction score
It might be, with only 80000 on it that sucks, it alway drove fine stock, and up to 35 psi of boost, who has good deals on transmissions, it will be a few months but its good to know what I need, Thanks for your help guys

Mine has 80k miles also.

8,000 pound truck + 37s + Race tune on stock trans = Borrowed time

6.4psd916

Reaction score
It is a job 1 truck, could the weaker tcm be causing problems, and when It goes into limp mode there are no codes, and it seems to still drive the same, I will program it to a lower tune and see what's up, recently pulling our boat through the hills the trans temp never was 160 and never over 170 pulling at 60, I think if there we're trans issues it would have showed up when pulling, im going to check the fluid, and is a full flush recommended or just dropping the pan and changing the filter and fluid in the pan

Last edited:

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So, redid the tune, after the tune set uperror code comes up saying tune adjust failed, and is giving me stock lock firm instead of racelock

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Tried again, no error codes. with race lock, how is it suppose to shift, I was expecting like the xrace tune on my 6.0, seems more like the xstreet

Latest posts

Members online