Tunes for H&S

michigan37

Reaction score
I just got the email from Matt with my tunes. How do get them on the H&S? I have saved the tunes on my computer under the mcc software tunes folder. But when I punch in the password to open the tunes, it won't let me. Any suggestions?

3brorce

Reaction score
You dont want to open the files you want to save them onto your SD card I believe.

michigan37

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical when I read all of the reviews for these tunes, but figured I had to try it. So far I have only taken a 20 mile trip with it, but damn, the shifting is quick and crisp. The throttle response is amazing and the boost isn't crazy high. Pretty much exactly what everyone before me has written, the drivability is amazing. And this is just on the street tune, I haven't even tried the performance yet. I will put close to 1,000 miles on it this week and get a great feel for it. I can't wait to see what the mileage gains look like. Thanks Matt, awesome product!

michigan37

Reaction score
My biggest question now is how long will factory head bolts last with 200k on the clock.

3brorce

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical when I read all of the reviews for these tunes, but figured I had to try it. So far I have only taken a 20 mile trip with it, but damn, the shifting is quick and crisp. The throttle response is amazing and the boost isn't crazy high. Pretty much exactly what everyone before me has written, the drivability is amazing. And this is just on the street tune, I haven't even tried the performance yet. I will put close to 1,000 miles on it this week and get a great feel for it. I can't wait to see what the mileage gains look like. Thanks Matt, awesome product!

Nothing to be skeptical about, Matt is a great tuner. If it aint right, Im sure he would be wiling to fix it if there was a problem.

michigan37

Reaction score
How do you guys like the performance tune? I'm still on the street tune and love it, but was wondering if there is any mileage gains going to the performance.

3brorce

Reaction score
All trucks are different but most of the time the hotter the tune, the better the mileage depending on how you drive.

B585Ford

Reaction score
All trucks are different but most of the time the hotter the tune, the better the mileage depending on how you drive.

Is "performance" 1 tune or is it 1 of the 4 shift-on-the-fly tunes? If it is one setting of the 4 (like "Mild" on canned tunes), the higher performance tunes may not be better for MPG because the timing will be the same on 4 programs due to limitations of the H&S programmer.

Gearhead

Reaction score
well "stock" is actually about 50hp over stock on my tunes for the H&S. only the highest file changes some of the fuel mapping at part throttle.

B585Ford

Reaction score
well "stock" is actually about 50hp over stock on my tunes for the H&S. only the highest file changes some of the fuel mapping at part throttle.

OK. So in this case, because you can't change the timing, the highest HP tune might not provide the best MPG (assuming you could practice self control and stay out of the skinny)?

Gearhead

Reaction score
OK. So in this case, because you can't change the timing, the highest HP tune might not provide the best MPG (assuming you could practice self control and stay out of the skinny)?

yeah something like that but if you were running the HD300 already, you should be just as safe with my hottest level.

B585Ford

Reaction score
yeah something like that but if you were running the HD300 already, you should be just as safe with my hottest level.

I wasn't cutting on this....I plan on getting them soon. When I spoke to one your guys last week, he said Job 1 weren't quite ready yet. My point of the post was I hope guys try your different levels to see what proves to give the best MPG...of course, to a degree that will probably be dependent on the set up.

Latest posts

Members online