tuning and Trans issue

higherlife

Reaction score
Just curious spanky but who has done all the work on your truck? I've seen some of your other threads in the 6.7 and your threads went from bad to good then bad then good again with various trouble codes and parts that were installed.

spanky24365

Reaction score
The only work done on my truck was the drop in turbo there have been no issues from that all the issues were tuning related and now the Trans issue tbd

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
just more input, mine has been slowly dying and I have 9000 miles, 5-6000 with a big turbo similar to the 15' turbo , and when I pulled the cab it had puked out the overflow. I knew it was getting weaker but didn't realize it was so close to death. if you think asking for 525+ for 4000 miles was acceptable , it may not be. that being said, the tuning could have played a part, I'm sure some of mine has. I never do relearns, nor did I expect mine to live.

Reaction score
Mine was hurt at 10k and it didn't make anywhere near 500 till after 10k. Had a built trans in by 14k, the truck wouldn't even pull itself in any gear past 3rd without slipping.

It was TRASHED. And I ran several different tuners tunes and probably was flashed 40-50 times by the time the trans quit. We tried upping pressure etc.... Didn't matter. You can't fix hard parts with tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spanky24365

Reaction score
just more input, mine has been slowly dying and I have 9000 miles, 5-6000 with a big turbo similar to the 15' turbo , and when I pulled the cab it had puked out the overflow. I knew it was getting weaker but didn't realize it was so close to death. if you think asking for 525+ for 4000 miles was acceptable , it may not be. that being said, the tuning could have played a part, I'm sure some of mine has. I never do relearns, nor did I expect mine to live.[/QUOTE
truck was not tuned for 4000 Miles probably 1200 of the 4000 were tuned. Yes there were several tunes loaded never once did the trans skip a beat. Everyone is so quick to tune noone seems to be mentionin any trans issues. Local shop tells me has never seen a trans issues on these new trans. Has a truck with 800hp on stock trans .

spanky24365

Reaction score
didnt really notice the TC locking early the shifts were pretty tight and up high in the rpm range. the innovative tunes i was running has the TC locking up early and it felt totaly different. maybe morgan can elaborate on how kem is set up

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
What's a built trans run for these things anyway? I'm sure I'll kill mine...I always do.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Have always seen kem and blown trans go together for a long time. I know when i ran kem tunes they were only in there 5 miles. The trans shifting was disgusting.

Reaction score
didnt really notice the TC locking early the shifts were pretty tight and up high in the rpm range. the innovative tunes i was running has the TC locking up early and it felt totaly different. maybe morgan can elaborate on how kem is set up

The different tunes are set differently. The race tune locks and doesn't unlock during shifts. It's an actual fast shifting performance trans tune. They should shift fast and crisp with a good trans.

Have always seen kem and blown trans go together for a long time. I know when i ran kem tunes they were only in there 5 miles. The trans shifting was disgusting.

coincidence ... ?

I'm going to go ahead and squash this right now.... Midwest diesel, RCD and a lot of other companies have been using KEM. I know both is and RCD have been using them for the last couple years with the x3 now the x4 and 5015 models. Thats hundreds in not thousand plus 6.4's and 11-14 6.7's tuned. Just between a the two of us. Not t mentions the hundreds of 2015 tuners we've already sold between Midwest and RCD. Much less all the other dealers across the country.

So to anyone thinking that it's KEM tunes that did this guys transmission in..... Really? It's had 2-3 other tuners on it before KEM, it was tuned many times from them before while having codes, limping out and driving issues. He gets tunes from me which work and have zero codes. Then has trans issues a few days later and you think the few miles with KEM did it? But not the others? LMFAO. Get real...

My truck stater slipping into 5th and flaring with superchips which was the first performance tune it had on it.... Happened about 200 miles once it was tuned and had a 64mm on it. That was at 540hp. Did I blame it on superchips? No. These 2015's don't have the same trans as the 11-14. They so far are not showing the greatest. At 500+ it's not going to last while daily driving on a race tune. That's why there is lower tunes on the programmer... If you wanna drive on race, don't be mad if you need a trans someday.

What's a built trans run for these things anyway? I'm sure I'll kill mine...I always do.

About $3,500.

Well I can't speak for what others are actually including in their trans for $3500....

We use full raybestos clutches with extra clutches in the necessary packs. Billet drum and shaft modifications. New pump, new cooler, new valvebody and solenoids, new hd converter, all new motorcraft parts other than the upgraded aftermarket ones. No cheap Chinese crap. Comes with a 2 year 100k mile warranty. The trans and converter package is $5575.

http://www.midwestdieselauto.com/store/c31/6R140_Transmission.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDiesle

Reaction score
Is Brian from BTS doing upgrades for these trans? His trans for the 7.3s were just about indestructible.

Latest posts

Members online