Turbo for those that tow

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
for ford yeah

Not sure I quite understand what your asking though

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
What i meant is the powermax kits from garrett for dodge and dmax are gt37s. Same comp wheel as the gt40 just the smaller turbine wheel. Most dodges spool Turbos like the 6.0. Just saying, I think the gt40 turbine wheel doesn't work well with diesels in general.

kevin

Reaction score
What i meant is the powermax kits from garrett for dodge and dmax are gt37s. Same comp wheel as the gt40 just the smaller turbine wheel. Most dodges spool Turbos like the 6.0. Just saying, I think the gt40 turbine wheel doesn't work well with diesels in general.

off topic but your avatar made me LOL nice

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, the BD diverter valve was designed to force all the exhaust through one volute of a divided turbo. A split up-pipe kit is to feed each volute independently. Which option is better? Lets say I go with the 62/65/70, would I benefit more from keeping the stock merged collector and going with the diverter or go with the split pipes? I know some people have mentioned issues with the diverter sticking over time and I also look at it as one more mechanical thing to go wrong...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The stock collector is very restrictive, i'd get rid of it if youre going to do it once. There are a lot of people that are having reliability issues with the diverter valve, its just one more thing to fail, although plenty still run it with no issues. Even if you wanted to keep a stock style collector and flange adapter so you could always go back to stock, rework it so it merges both up pipes smoothly, like what Kyle did. Its worth it.

SamW

Reaction score
the 62/65/70 is a fun little turbo. I ran it with 190s for a while with no issues. I towed around 8k and never had any issues. You dont need to upgrade the up pipes but it wont hurt anything. I never had any issues with spool up or anything on that turbo. From what it sounds like the tuning for non vgt turbos has improved alot since I ran that setup in 08 or 09.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
i've run 10.4s in the 1/4 mile with the bd valve and stock uppipes, will you gain from split uppipes over the diverter valve on a 62/65/70 no you wont, any body that argues that better have proof and not just seat of the pants or brag about your buddies product. prove what ever you say will be better. come with something better than it has a restriction, cause everything is a restriction. alot of guys are used to non turbo gas crap, a forced induction system doesnt need that perfect bend that a naturally aspirated motor does

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I know you are working on the new manifolds and up-pipes, so you will have real world data from both sides.

I just wonder where the money would be better spent...manifolds and split up pipes or the diverter valve and probably just leave the stock manifolds and up-pipes.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I'll have really world testing done by the end of this week. As for smaller chargers there's no difference. Got a 66 I'm putting on the tow truck this weekend to test back to back testing divided uppipes to stock uppipes with diverter valve.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
i got a divided internally gated .70ar and .80ar i'm gonna put the 70 on first with the dived uppipes to t3 and then i'll put the stock uppipes on with the bd diverter and see which daily drives better, the 66 i have has the 74mm exhaust wheel so the 80 i know is to big to tow with, this is just stuff to try, i got them here, there off ol blue so why not try things out

Latest posts

Members online