Turbos

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing an upgrade on my tired 157,000 mile turbos. I like the idea of a fast spooling single like the WOP setup (also the sound) but also like the Idea of upgraded twins kinda like Elites HP's. Any of you guys with experience in this are know if I could keep the stock fuel set up for now. I'd rather not get into that just yet and keep it streetable as possible with less headaches and complications.

BFT

Reaction score
i personallylike the HP turbos from elite. after doing mikes truck it was night and day for power. spools fast and pulls like a train

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
i personallylike the HP turbos from elite. after doing mikes truck it was night and day for power. spools fast and pulls like a train

I do too but I already have to drop some coin on a built up trans soon and the 7500 for Elites is gonna hurt.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
DO you want my honest opinion on this one?

Your gunna get it anyway... LOL

The single is cool, the sound is good, and so far the streetability seams to be liveable, i dont know how fun it could be but i would imagine its not a bad drive. The other benifits are you can upgrage and run a big set of twins later on down the road, so there is the upgrade factor to it, Also with WOP single and others is you will meet 2.6 rules for sled pulling.
Downside to it, is lag, i know that jacob says it spools similar to stock, but its super hard to beat factory turbos
Towing is also unproven on a single

Ok now to twins
Tow powers are a good option, probably drop egts just a little, and be driveable just like stock, power will be minimal gains over stock, you will also be limited to about a 60hp nozzles and about 725 peak hp, but if thats your goal then perfect.

High powers, spool as good as stock, WILL do 650 hp on a bone stock fuel system, and cool egt's a good amount. Also you will be able to run probably a 110 injector and aggressive fueling and make over 750 hp with the turbos, so if your plan is to grow these arent a bad option either
Downfall is price, the turbos are expensive units for a reason, they are good turbos that flow a ton of air for the size

Another downfall to me is how much room the turbos take up in the valley, if there is ever any issues with anything the cab has to at least come up about 4 inches to work on it, which to some isnt a huge issue but for some it might be, but to me the downsides dont even match how good the turbos are, if i had a stock fueled truck these are what i would spend the coin on.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
DO you want my honest opinion on this one?

Your gunna get it anyway... LOL

The single is cool, the sound is good, and so far the streetability seams to be liveable, i dont know how fun it could be but i would imagine its not a bad drive. The other benifits are you can upgrage and run a big set of twins later on down the road, so there is the upgrade factor to it, Also with WOP single and others is you will meet 2.6 rules for sled pulling.
Downside to it, is lag, i know that jacob says it spools similar to stock, but its super hard to beat factory turbos
Towing is also unproven on a single

Ok now to twins
Tow powers are a good option, probably drop egts just a little, and be driveable just like stock, power will be minimal gains over stock, you will also be limited to about a 60hp nozzles and about 725 peak hp, but if thats your goal then perfect.

High powers, spool as good as stock, WILL do 650 hp on a bone stock fuel system, and cool egt's a good amount. Also you will be able to run probably a 110 injector and aggressive fueling and make over 750 hp with the turbos, so if your plan is to grow these arent a bad option either
Downfall is price, the turbos are expensive units for a reason, they are good turbos that flow a ton of air for the size

Another downfall to me is how much room the turbos take up in the valley, if there is ever any issues with anything the cab has to at least come up about 4 inches to work on it, which to some isnt a huge issue but for some it might be, but to me the downsides dont even match how good the turbos are, if i had a stock fueled truck these are what i would spend the coin on.

Yeah I figured as much, maybe Tad will break me off a military discount lol. I should have the coin soon but dropping 10g's on trans and turbos is painful.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah I figured as much, maybe Tad will break me off a military discount lol. I should have the coin soon but dropping 10g's on trans and turbos is painful.

I totally understand man its a ton of coin, the way i see it is i would want to save the money to do it right once and not spend money twice, but alot of this stuff could be resold

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I totally understand man its a ton of coin, the way i see it is i would want to save the money to do it right once and not spend money twice, but alot of this stuff could be resold

Yeah, guess I'll see how I feel about it when the coin rolls in. Gonna have to get something for the wife too on this one lol.

eric.davis

Reaction score
I hear you on the money issue. I my self need to do a couple of deployments to pay for those babies. But until someone does some research and compounds off of WOP's setup Elites kits aren't going to be beat for the performance they put out. I want to say that after I get fuel and turbos done I'll call it quits, but I know that will never be the case so why even try to say it. And as far as getting your wife something. Buy her a vacuum LOL and so she doesn't get too pist bring a dozen of her favorite flowers.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I hear you on the money issue. I my self need to do a couple of deployments to pay for those babies. But until someone does some research and compounds off of WOP's setup Elites kits aren't going to be beat for the performance they put out. I want to say that after I get fuel and turbos done I'll call it quits, but I know that will never be the case so why even try to say it. And as far as getting your wife something. Buy her a vacuum LOL and so she doesn't get too pist bring a dozen of her favorite flowers.

HaHa, right I'd be living in my truck then and would need a deployment just to be a safe distance. I was thinking jewelry.

eric.davis

Reaction score
HaHa, right I'd be living in my truck then and would need a deployment just to be a safe distance. I was thinking jewelry.

Thats where you can get creative. While your installing your new turbos. make her a necklace of the beer caps and a bracelet of beer tabs. its the thought that counts right?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thats where you can get creative. While your installing your new turbos. make her a necklace of the beer caps and a bracelet of beer tabs. its the thought that counts right?

I'd be chiting expensive womans shoes for weeks, try getting the taste of jimmy choo out of your mouth. No thanks lmao.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Actuall i think we do, PSDTrav did like 650 on rudy's dyno with a dragonfire and 110s

Dzchey21

Reaction score
In theory with a bigger nozzle and pulse width pulled back egts should go down, but i would be willing to bet that there is so much fuel it cools the cylinder temps with the extra fuel

eric.davis

Reaction score
In theory with a bigger nozzle and pulse width pulled back egts should go down, but i would be willing to bet that there is so much fuel it cools the cylinder temps with the extra fuel

well now that I actually think about it more. It makes sense

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.