Turbos

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im with you on this.. if a cheap turbo setup can be had and make all the same respectable power as tow/high/max powers for a cheaper cost them im all for it.. i mean i personally dont mind the idea of have a couple of 1,200 dollar turbos under my hood as aposed to a set that cost more than a down payment on a house lmao

in no way am i knocking elite either.. i understand quality and what it takes to be an inovater in this game..

Trust me unless its a dedicated drag truck you will spend the extra money for spool up

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So can anyone tell me on these modded stock turbos is the only thing changed bigger compressor wheels?

Pick up the latest issue of diesel power, there is a really good section on what gets modified in the high and max power turbos

As far as tow powers yes just the compressor side gets modded

On high/max powers the exhaust side is moddified too, bigger wheels, more free flowing

I cant answer for what Industrial does

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Pick up the latest issue of diesel power, there is a really good section on what gets modified in the high and max power turbos

As far as tow powers yes just the compressor side gets modded

On high/max powers the exhaust side is moddified too, bigger wheels, more free flowing

I cant answer for what Industrial does

I'll have to wait till it shows up in the mail. I was just curious if the modded stockers had and exhaust housing mods to relieve back presure some. Max powers are way more than I need. I'm looking at the high powers hard though, but what do you sdi if your already running elites waste gate kit? Does it use the same set up or is the gate fed from tje port between the low and high pressure turbos?

I'd be interested to know what II stage 2 set specs are as well as WOP's compounds.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'll have to wait till it shows up in the mail. I was just curious if the modded stockers had and exhaust housing mods to relieve back presure some. Max powers are way more than I need. I'm looking at the high powers hard though, but what do you sdi if your already running elites waste gate kit? Does it use the same set up or is the gate fed from tje port between the low and high pressure turbos?

I'd be interested to know what II stage 2 set specs are as well as WOP's compounds.

yes the bigger wheel and the housing mods aid for less restricion so some relief in back pressure

If you already have a gate your good, you will get a new pipe to run between the two stages, which is pretty important tuning wise, you want the low pressure to come in prettt quick with the settings on the gate, but not too eearly, but anyways your wastegate wont be... well...wasted LOL

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
yes the bigger wheel and the housing mods aid for less restricion so some relief in back pressure

If you already have a gate your good, you will get a new pipe to run between the two stages, which is pretty important tuning wise, you want the low pressure to come in prettt quick with the settings on the gate, but not too eearly, but anyways your wastegate wont be... well...wasted LOL

LOL ok good, don't want to find out I also have to get a new gate kit. Still not sure on what direction to go.

White_monster

Reaction score
I sold my gate kit and 6.0 manifolds and up pipes to upgrade to dual gates. The gate kit I had would've worked fine thou I just wanted everything to match, ya I'm weird like that.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I can say I had the tow powers and just upgraded to the HP compounds. The only other mod was 60 to 85hp injectors and 6.0 manifolds. The difference is like night and day! These things are mean for a DD, spools fast and when you get the gates tuned right it is a blast to drive. The Tow powers were great but i am glad I went to the HP's.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Haha my wife told me last night she knows I'm up to something with this money lmao.

Wish I knew an eta on the other compound kits.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Im hoping WOPs kit wont be long. I think the remote mounted turbo kit will be tits and much easier to work on.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is the nice thing about WOP's kit, when it is dialed in. Compounds sitting where they would be makes for ease of accessibility.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan as long as its not a dead idea. Is there a eta on the single kits?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.