Turbos

JDub

Reaction score
I don't think it's a fair comparison for the WOP single to be up against those HP twins, talking about two totally different spectrums of airflow. The single was built as a stock replacement to alleviate drive pressure and drop egt's.It was never engineered to be pushed with large injectors and fuel systems, can it support some mild nozzles? I'm sure it will, but not what it was designed for. The truck made 607hp uncorrected at elevation with nothing but a DPF delete and a tune with the single. The correction factor put it over 630.

We have all seen how impressive those big twins BigR is running are on an otherwise stock truck, and probably offer better driveability and towing. But again, two different spectrums.

I really enjoyed my truck with the single on it, very impressive power and great on the street, only time it felt laggy was on the freeway at 55-60mph when it shifted to O/D and the converter was locked. Everywhere else that turbo is just as responsive as the stock turbos.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I didn't mean for it to be a direct comparison, just wanting something better than stock with out drivability issues and wanted some feed back from people who have tried both combos. I understand they are two different animals. My cap on hp would be in the 650 to 700 range for a daily driver anyway.

Any more news on the kit?

JDub

Reaction score
I really don't think driveability is an issue with the single. As for kits, we are just waiting on the machinist and the lazer cut place, getting the pedestal plates and up-pipe flanges cut, once we get those back we can start fabricating some mount kits. I got word that an order of turbine housings and wheels should be at Bell Turbo shortly, so he'll be able to start putting the turbos together soon we hope as well...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I really don't think driveability is an issue with the single. As for kits, we are just waiting on the machinist and the lazer cut place, getting the pedestal plates and up-pipe flanges cut, once we get those back we can start fabricating some mount kits. I got word that an order of turbine housings and wheels should be at Bell Turbo shortly, so he'll be able to start putting the turbos together soon we hope as well...

Sweet.

Any idea how far out the compound upgrade is?

Matt

Reaction score
We need more companies to make twin kits for us. There just isn't enough options out there. I would love to have a set of Elite's, but for a little less money, I would have no problem sacrificing a little spool up.

eric.davis

Reaction score
We need more companies to make twin kits for us. There just isn't enough options out there. I would love to have a set of Elite's, but for a little less money, I would have no problem sacrificing a little spool up.

I agree on more companies needing to invest more in the R&D. I know it takes money to do it. But there is quite a number of people that would be interested in the other options. Right now Elite pretty much has a monopoly on the 6.4 game

Matt

Reaction score
They definately do, not that I am knocking Elite or anything, it'd just be nice to have more options.

eric.davis

Reaction score
Either am I. They're the pioneers for it. But they charge what they do because they use quality parts and they work so theres a price for perfection.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'd like something like a S300/S400 combo, cost effective and plenty of power on tap. I dont mind journal bearings even though BB's are sweet the price vs drop in spool up time isnt worth it for me. If I raced it everyday then yeah but just to have better towing power plus stomping on the occasional dodge/chevy its not that important to me. Mainly I'd just like to drop EGT's/BP without being laggy while still haveing potential to reach 700 wrhp.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
We have the low pressure turbo built, just need to get the single mount kits built then find a truck for mockup so we can build a compound system.

Im glad to hear that. I would donate my truck for the donor but im to far away. This compound kit would be my choice or elite tow powers.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
I'd like something like a S300/S400 combo, cost effective and plenty of power on tap. I dont mind journal bearings even though BB's are sweet the price vs drop in spool up time isnt worth it for me. If I raced it everyday then yeah but just to have better towing power plus stomping on the occasional dodge/chevy its not that important to me. Mainly I'd just like to drop EGT's/BP without being laggy while still haveing potential to reach 700 wrhp.

im with you on this.. if a cheap turbo setup can be had and make all the same respectable power as tow/high/max powers for a cheaper cost them im all for it.. i mean i personally dont mind the idea of have a couple of 1,200 dollar turbos under my hood as aposed to a set that cost more than a down payment on a house lmao

in no way am i knocking elite either.. i understand quality and what it takes to be an inovater in this game..

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
I ran the stage 1s for a few thousand miles and loved them. When my truck is back together it will be with the stage 2s.

Latest posts

Members online