We can rebuild it

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Hard to say erik

Untill the heads off we probably wont know EXACTLY what happened but i think mike is on the right track with melting, just think of the center of the piston being about the consistancy of taffy.

and if the water temp gets high enough you can crack the head pretty severe and drop a valve seat if they have hardened ones installed, too many variables to speculate on right now IMHO

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
At any rate...you're in good hands Erik. It will be right.

Sorry about your misfortune.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Hard to say erik

Untill the heads off we probably wont know EXACTLY what happened but i think mike is on the right track with melting, just think of the center of the piston being about the consistancy of taffy.

and if the water temp gets high enough you can crack the head pretty severe and drop a valve seat if they have hardened ones installed, too many variables to speculate on right now IMHO

That is kind of what I was thinking, tear down hopefully shows why this happened.

Thanks Garrett, I know I made the right call having Mike take care of it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
crazy $hit eric..join the club brother. i wonder if the II pump has something to do with it. my motor had the ii pump on it before i got it, and guess what, hole in a piston.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
That is strange how it stuck there and ripped itself apart. Maybe the hose popping off had more to do with it? But I drove it 3 hrs or so after, wouldn't it sieze right then? Thinking out loud. Is 230 or 240 degrees hot enough to f chit up this bad? PM sent

Hose popping off? What hose?? You can't mean a coolant hose.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
crazy $hit eric..join the club brother. i wonder if the II pump has something to do with it. my motor had the ii pump on it before i got it, and guess what, hole in a piston.

I have been wondering if it has something to do with it. Wait and see what they find. Hopefully something shows up to let us know why this happened.

Hose popping off? What hose?? You can't mean a coolant hose.

I installed a new radiator, took off and I didn't have those little metal ####### clamps on right. The lower one blew and the DD yelled at me and I stopped. Fixed it at home and 3hrs later my truck went boom.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Sorry to hear erik. After having and seein II stuff destroy many motors (yes their stuff was proven cause) i will NEVER suggest or run their stuff

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Sorry to hear erik. After having and seein II stuff destroy many motors (yes their stuff was proven cause) i will NEVER suggest or run their stuff

This was one of their first ones out. From what I know now of them, I would not put that stuff on my truck.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I have been wondering if it has something to do with it. Wait and see what they find. Hopefully something shows up to let us know why this happened.

I installed a new radiator, took off and I didn't have those little metal ####### clamps on right. The lower one blew and the DD yelled at me and I stopped. Fixed it at home and 3hrs later my truck went boom.

Oh you made it sound like you drove it for 3 hrs with no coolant!

Erikclaw

Reaction score
LOL Nope, stopped as soon as I heard the temp warning going off. 230-240 water temp I believe. I can't remember how high it was. Oil was at 220 when I looked at the DD.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
LOL Nope, stopped as soon as I heard the temp warning going off. 230-240 water temp I believe. I can't remember how high it was. Oil was at 220 when I looked at the DD.

You have restored my faith in you LOL

Man I was getting ready to unload both barrels on you. Those temps really aren't that off the chart. Doubt that was it. Did you bleed fuel cooler after replacing the rad.?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Bleed the fuel cooler? Nope, no manual I read said anything about that. I did run it at idle to operating temp to get the air out when I put it in. It was a day later when it blew the hose and I didn't bleed it the second time cause I had no time. Figured it would work itself out and be a little low the next day.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I've never blead the cooling system after a cab off, the way the degas bottle is set it it should self bleed.

JDub

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the motor failure, let me know if there is anything we can do to help...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Erik how much coolant did you have to add whenever it blew the hose? Usually right when the hose blows the water temp doesnt shoot up that fast. I wonder if you had enough water in it for the sensor to accurately read (in that case it could have been wayyyy hotter)

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

But by god they have some sick t-shirts!! Lol

Erik, I hope all goes well with the tear down. I'm sure waiting isn't easy but Haller's is the right place to be!

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I've never blead the cooling system after a cab off, the way the degas bottle is set it it should self bleed.

You'd think but my fuel cooler or the circulator off the back was SCREECHING after the wizards at stealership did my radiator swap. I had to un-bolt cooler rad. from side radiator and rotate upside down to purge, it burped air and then I topped off by way of sight glass. The howling sound went away instantly.

Latest posts

Members online