We can rebuild it

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yeah big bird is some funny stuff. :flipa:

I thought about contacting Forcefed about that motor and forgot about it once everything started happening. We will see what happens. Probably my best bet, have it completely gone over and get me on the road again.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It looks like there may have been a problem with the #3 cylinder for a while. All the pistons on that side have some kind of flaking or deposits on them. The left bank is fine and clean. Or the temps got way hotter there from running out of coolant.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I doubt it could be the pump, since it is on one side. I bet it got way hotter in that head and damaged it. Probably ran it dry as I was trying to stop, the gauges only read water temp. So if it was steam trapped in there could have way hotter and not read it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Here is a little update. I sourced a motor and trans from Forcefed, just need to get the money to the shop and go pick it up.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well there has been a change, Elite quoted us a price on a complete custom motor and I took it. Cheaper than going through the used one and rebuilding it. It will be a 16:1 compression, coated pistons, stage 1 cam, stage 2 heads, coated bearings (if I remember right) so many calls this morning back and forth hard to remember all of it. Jim is telling me that I am leaving a lot of power on the table. This thing will rock when they are done tweaking it! Ohh and an intake from GOGO diesel.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well there has been a change, Elite quoted us a price on a complete custom motor and I took it. Cheaper than going through the used one and rebuilding it. It will be a 16:1 compression, coated pistons, stage 1 cam, stage 2 heads, coated bearings (if I remember right) so many calls this morning back and forth hard to remember all of it. Jim is telling me that I am leaving a lot of power on the table. This thing will rock when they are done tweaking it! Ohh and an intake from GOGO diesel.

Sounds good buddy. I was down at the shop earlier and it looks lonely... and dirty haha.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
how long is it gonna take them to build your motor?

I was told a few weeks. They still have my short block and crank that I bought in their moving sale.

Sounds good buddy. I was down at the shop earlier and it looks lonely... and dirty haha.

It is a dirty thing. May have to see if I can get Jim or Mike to toss in a wash after the rebuild.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was told a few weeks.

It is a dirty thing. May have to see if I can get Jim or Mike to toss in a wash after the rebuild.

Im sure it will get washed dude LOL

I might even paint your grill while its in the shop too

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Im sure it will get washed dude LOL

I might even paint your grill while its in the shop too

If you paint the shell body color I will take care of you when I am there. I have been wanting to take that chromed front end down a notch. Side vents too. Leave the mesh and paint the shell. That is if you want too. :D:redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online