Whats all of our transmission choices?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
My Elite trans is holding just fine and 4-5 is smoother than stock. Can definitely tell it has more frictions and Tadds tuning is spot on. Not sure what power level I'm at exactly still waiting to hit a dyno. IMHO I'd go with an Elite or Morgans trans as I'd feel confident with either in my truck. I have friends with Morgan's 5Rs and they love them so I'm positive his 6Rs are stout. I'd say it really comes down to what color do you want your trans?

jcain

Reaction score
Just got my trans from Morgan in the truck tonight! It's getting the VB flashed with IDS Thursday afternoon. Can't wait to drive it again. Very happy with Morgan and Austin so far. Answered all my questions and turn around time was very quick. Yes they are expensive... Between the trans, high stall TC, and new flex plate it cost a pretty penny. But if it holds my abuse for a few years then it'll be well worth it.
Well....?

jcain

Reaction score
My Elite trans is holding just fine and 4-5 is smoother than stock. Can definitely tell it has more frictions and Tadds tuning is spot on. Not sure what power level I'm at exactly still waiting to hit a dyno. IMHO I'd go with an Elite or Morgans trans as I'd feel confident with either in my truck. I have friends with Morgan's 5Rs and they love them so I'm positive his 6Rs are stout. I'd say it really comes down to what color do you want your trans?

Mine will be factory cast. I'm not into colors.

I got to talk to the engineer who designed the clutch packs and some of the trans itself. He has me trying something for a week or two and see if that helps . ;)

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Well....?

Sorry haven't checked this post in a while. I've had the trans in for about 2 weeks and am very happy with it! Changed the fluid at 500 miles as recommended and it looked good. I have 800 on it now and my only complaint is when coasting down a hill in 5th and the TC locks when I'm not on the throttle its a little rough. But I called Midwest today and they are going too see if they can make it a little smoother. But I also have the precision high stall TC so I didn't expect it to be like a Cadillac 100% of the time.

StrokinDuty

Reaction score
Are you guys seeing these problems after adding more power than just deletes? I'm just deleted and since being deleted it's missed a gear at a low mph, shift flare when cold, and 5-6 is getting a little sloppy. Been on the phone and emails with gearhead and they reviewing my tune right now to see if it's tune related. If not I'll be looking at Midwests.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Only deleted and having the 4-5 squeal.

Jcain, what are you "trying" on your transmission?

jcain

Reaction score
An additive. I'll report back in a week. So far it has stopped it.

jcain

Reaction score
Smelled fine, looked fine and tasted fine. Mr Ernie is right so far...

dsmracing1

Reaction score
An additive. I'll report back in a week. So far it has stopped it.

Been running Dr.Tranny friction modifier since Christmas. Haven't had my 4-5 squeal ever come back again since putting that in the trans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
Report time...
So far so great.

I've kept turning up the fuel and the trans hasn't made a peep. Safe to say, it's working.

uploadfromtaptalk1438696405540.jpg

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Ford does offer an additive specifically for 6R's. They recommend it if the overdrive clutches get replaced. I have it here, two syringes, never tried it.

mario a diangelo

Reaction score
I have a Suncoast, Doing ok so far ran 898rwhp at mpd's dyno day I drive it everyday in or around Baltimore city

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Had there been any test experience pulling 20K plus & 550-600hp range? I put on 1000mile weekly pulling in the mtns. Also running a 450 so that helps a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.