What's Up with All These 1000+ HP 6.0's Lately?

imelmo

Reaction score
Saw someone else ran like a 10.2 last night. Maybe we need to start a 6.0 list.

swinky

Reaction score
Saw someone else ran like a 10.2 last night. Maybe we need to start a 6.0 list.

The guys at outlaw diesel did. There's some secret squirrel 5r stuff going on right now. I'll tag you in it on bookface.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Sure makes you want to jump back on the 6.0 wagon, then you realize how much $$$ it takes to get there. Not that anything at that power level is that cheap.

Stock bottom end, big injectors, big single charger, little bit of nitrous, and a trans to hold it....

The recipe is probably more simple than with most engines.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that.

Things have come a LONG ways over the last year with a lot of platforms, and my comment was referring to a 150k mile stock 6.0 engine with some parts bolted to it. Clearly they are not cheap parts and by no means meant for the faint of heart, but the recipe has been dramatically reduced lately.

swinky

Reaction score
Things have come a LONG ways over the last year with a lot of platforms, and my comment was referring to a 150k mile stock 6.0 engine with some parts bolted to it. Clearly they are not cheap parts and by no means meant for the faint of heart, but the recipe has been dramatically reduced lately.
Still need rods, still need dual hpop, still should do a cam and some pistons with valve reliefs. It's no different than a 6.4.

Taylor will agree here. His 6.4 isn't a fancy shop truck and it'll run with any 6liter out there.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Who did his head work?

A guy named Robbie crutchfield did the work and has done a few other sets of 7.3 heads. All hand porting and put on a flow bench after. He's based out of North Carolina in the western part of that state somewhere. He will be doing a set of 6.0 heads here soon with oversized valves so I'm curious to see what numbers he can get out of them.

cbf9703

Reaction score
A guy named Robbie crutchfield did the work and has done a few other sets of 7.3 heads. All hand porting and put on a flow bench after. He's based out of North Carolina in the western part of that state somewhere. He will be doing a set of 6.0 heads here soon with oversized valves so I'm curious to see what numbers he can get out of them.
Hand porting and oversized valves have been done for the 7.3 as well (run on a flow bench and engine dyno versus both stock and ported heads) and the gains weren't as dramatic as expected. Higher numbers down low, but barely bumped top end performance. Hope he sees more promising results.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Still need rods, still need dual hpop, still should do a cam and some pistons with valve reliefs. It's no different than a 6.4.

Taylor will agree here. His 6.4 isn't a fancy shop truck and it'll outrun any 6liter out there.

Fixed :)

thewrubelator

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that.

I would def say that. Moroni ran 10s on stock bottom end, compounds and spray back 5-6 years ago...and deep 11s on top of that in a 4 door. It's definitely possible, and, with proper tuning, reliable (to an extent). 1000+ is, sad to say, not a "big deal" anymore as it was back 5+ years ago. This day and age, if you're not making 1000+ you ain't ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I would def say that. Moroni ran 10s on stock bottom end, compounds and spray back 5-6 years ago...and deep 11s on top of that in a 4 door. It's definitely possible, and, with proper tuning, reliable (to an extent). 1000+ is, sad to say, not a "big deal" anymore as it was back 5+ years ago. This day and age, if you're not making 1000+ you ain't ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then why did yours break?..... genius 😚

Latest posts

Members online