Which 160/30 injectors?

mustube

Reaction score
A warranty isn't for worn out parts. It's for manufacturers defects.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Tim, I'm going to just agree to disagree with you on this subject. You do what works best for your product, and I'll do what I need to with mine. We both have a good product to offer, we don't have to agree on every aspect of how they go together or how they are tested.

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to buy injectors from Nate( I never have but I would), Tim @pis (I have), or swamps diesel (I have).

I cant believe Nate offers lifetime warranty. Is this a "if it breaks, send it back" type warranty? If so, that is outstanding.

Send the warranty card and proof of purchase in. If it breaks, send it back. If it's a parts failure, it's covered. If something got past your filter and trashed the plunger/nozzle, it's not. Pretty simple.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Why does everyone praise Brian for his above and beyond warranty on transmissions, but when it comes to injectors warranty is a non issue?

Not a jab at anyone, I'm genuinely curious.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Send the warranty card and proof of purchase in. If it breaks, send it back. If it's a parts failure, it's covered. If something got past your filter and trashed the plunger/nozzle, it's not. Pretty simple.

Thats pretty outstanding still. That must be why you have people militantly defending your products once they own them. Great way to run the injector side of your shop!

ghohouston

Reaction score
Why does everyone praise Brian for his above and beyond warranty on transmissions, but when it comes to injectors warranty is a non issue?

Not a jab at anyone, I'm genuinely curious.

as am i. i popped a trans cooler line on the freeway 2 months after i installed my bts, and all be damned if brian didnt rebuild it FREE of charge.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
as am i. i popped a trans cooler line on the freeway 2 months after i installed my bts, and all be damned if brian didnt rebuild it FREE of charge.

And that is why I'll purchase a BTS when my trans starts to die.
I've have never heard, on any of the forums, a single complaint about a BTS trans warranty. I don't know what else he sells besides twin hpop and I don't really care. When you want the best trans and follow up warranty $ can buy you get a BTS.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
That's exactly my point. You don't buy a BTS because you are sure it will hold 600hp boosted launches indefinitely.
You buy it because it will hold as long or longer than anything else on the market, and Brian will stand behind it when (not if) the time comes to freshen it up.
Was it a manufactures defect that caused the trans to tap out after 80k of towing, 50 passes hooked to a sled and more back road launches than you can count?

So why then are there so many people claiming a lifetime warranty is irrelevant when it comes to injectors?

On the other side of things, a lifetime warranty is only as good as the company standing behind it. I would rather shoot myself in the dick than run a set of Farmer's 'Lifetime Warranty' injectors. When the life expectancy of the product exceeds the life expectancy of the company, you really can't expect much.

I don't have Tim's injectors, and I don't have Nate's injectors, but I think it is pretty cool that Nate will warranty his product for as long as the original purchaser owns it, even if the failure is simply due to the nature of mechanical components eventually exceeding their intended service life and needed replacement.

79jasper

Reaction score
Nice to see some friendly discussion between two great builders.

Exactly, I've never gotten a free pair of brake pads under warranty because they were worn out.
I have. Lol
Was just going to buy them, told the guy the duralast gold like I bought last time. He says, "oh they're under warranty, just bring them in and we'll swap them out."
Normally I wouldn't do that, but he brought it up.
But I have heard of people doing it all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

DZL JIM

Reaction score
If you want a package deal with a chip/tuning and/or free re-burns etc, to go along with your injectors, then don't call me. I gave up trying to supply tunes with injectors and I've worked with who I believe to be all the best tuners in the industry. We don't do tuning here ourselves and I hated trying to rely on another shop to supply a custom product for a customer. EVERY truck is different and runs differently and in my opinion it's in your best interest to deal directly with the tuner with any injector upgrade.

What we do offer that is unique is that we are first and foremost a 7.3 injector shop. It's what we do all day, everyday. I do not have a sales staff or try to sell aftermarket parts, like gauges, turbos, transmissions, etc. We don't work on Chevy's or Dodges in the shop either. We are a small company that has a line of Fords outside waiting to get worked on in between injector building and the Ford Power Stroke is where our passion lies.

Injector Warranty:
Read the fine print on all injector builders warranties. There are differences, and a lot has been said about them in this thread already. The only comment I can say is I've never turned a customer away after their 1 year purchase should they give me the opportunity to address any injector issues they might experience. I know several other shops feel the same, and some that do not.

BTS warranty:
Brian is a great guy with a great reputation. I have one of his trans myself that I got over 10 years ago with never an once of a problem whatsoever.
However....There is plenty speculation why he offers such a great warranty, and there is also a reason why many shops have stopped using his trans in favor of building their own transmissions themselves. I won't go further than that, other than to say I have no reason to buy another trans from him from what I have learned in the past few years. As previously mentioned, I also would rather not buy a product based mostly on their warranty.

Apparently we on rare occasion have an injector that goes through our extremely strick processes that show absolute balance on our bench that just refuses to react the same way once installed in an engine verses our flowbench. We are still slowly chewing away at this issue. It arises not so often so testing is taking a while.

What gets me is if a product is going to fail due to workmanship or a bad new component it's going to happen soon after install. That's why we give 12 months as a buffer.

I could not have written this better myself.

nossliw

Reaction score
I would like to say thanks to Jim at Rosewood. He was a pleasure to work with and his work comes with reliability. That is all I have to say, he has my business and many others within our community.

I also think it should be mentioned that there is a lot to be said about a shop that ONLY does injectors and has built their successful business from the ground up. There aren’t many companies out there that can say this anymore, and even fewer who specialize in a very specific targeted market.

Thanks Jim!

greyford1979

Reaction score
Thanks to all that have replied so far. I'm still up in the air on this. You injector builders that build a high quality injector aren't making this very easy on me LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks to all that have replied so far. I'm still up in the air on this. You injector builders that build a high quality injector aren't making this very easy on me LOL

It is easy. Pick the guy who most appeals to you and dont look back. Nate@unltd, tim@pis, swamps, and rosewood all build good injectors. I have had swamps and pis personally.

Dont second guess yourself. Get out there and try things out. See where you lie.

TARM

Reaction score
Nate @ Unlimited has always taken care of me and every single person I have recommended to him that I have spoken with after the fact.

Long before he had any sort of official warranty he always took care of any and every issue I ever hear about. I took the written warranty as a way to officially make it very clear what his stance was on how he backed his product so people could have clear info in making buying decisions.

Things such as nozzle issues tend to increase with nozzle size increase. It has to do with the manf of the nozzles nothing to do with the builder what so ever. The more larger nozzle injectors you sell the more you tend to see cracked nozzle issues increase. Its not that its a large % but it is a trend and sort of well no crap. bigger holes in the same surface area means they are closer together meaning any imperfection in material can have a larger impact.

I had a nozzle go out on me after 500-1000 miles. I can also think of a few others that have had this issue and they were from a number of injector builders as the issue is with the nozzle manf not the builder. These were my current injectors in my sig line. I had some smoke issues and idle resolution issues start to pop up after a few hundred miles. Figured it was tuning but something was not quite right. Someone else might not notice but I am sort of anal about stuff like that and so is my tuner Matt and frankly Nate as well. Went to pull out on the highway one day after dealing with this for a couple weeks and the nozzle finally let lose blowing a chunk off the tip.

I wanted to send just the one injector back. Nate basically was having none of that. He was patient and explained to me he wanted to replace all the nozzles as he did not want to take a chance with it being a defective set. I sent them in and within a week of mailing them off had them back in hand. All new nozzles re-flow'd benched balanced etc all double checked what have you. All new orings even though they only had one install and under 1K miles on the others.

Nate knew I was installing them Friday and called me Sat to see if everything was running OK. How often does your injector builder call you on his day off just to see how things are going?

Over time I have contacted Nate a few times. A couple were just to leave a message after hours so I could set up a call the next day. Nope the guy ends up calling me back a bit later from home to see what he can do for me.

A few things about Nate that stood out to me. He is very concerned about the customers needs. He does not come off as having a big ego acting if he is the the injector god of the 7.3 You could say he is humble. Unless you are talking throwing down some racing smack. Then he can dish it out LOL But then can't we all.

Seriously though I have never seen him openly insult another injector builder. He seems to try very hard to be respectful and that goes a long ways in my book. He also appears to consistently be trying to learn and improve. You see this quality in many of the best in their fields. They are always looking for better ways or to improve on what they are already doing. Brian@ BTS is a fine example of this. He makes what many consider the best 4R100. He could sit back and just rake it in. But instead he is constantly looking and finding ways to improve his builds. From designing new parts or improving on current ones. But he always has his eye on how can he do better. He is another guy you do not see chest thumping about how great he is. For me its personally a turn off when someone feels the need to talk up how great they are or put down other builders to show their superiority. Thus the way Nate handles himself was a plus in my book.

Something else I took note of was the opinions of certain other people I have a great deal of respect for. It rates highly with me that for a top tuner such as Matt@ Gearhead he runs and recommends Nates injectors. Further Jason aka HotRodTractor as many know does very high end custom injector and other design work. He thought highly enough of Nate's ability and ethics to go to him to help him work on his injector builds.

While I have spoken extremely highly of Nate and justifiably so, to be perfectly honest, I think if you go with one of the main injector builders on this site you really can not go wrong in terms of the over all quality of the product. Nate@Unlimted Dave@ Swamps Casserly@ Full Forces etc.. etc... They all have many customers that will speak very highly of them. I after doing my research went with Nate. In the end is the little things that separate these builders and personal preference. The above is my experience in dealing with him and thoughts on why I find him to be a top choice and was ultimately my choice. Other can certainly give their positive input I am sure of all the other top builders on this forum. As I said its hard to actually go wrong in this area.

Do your own research and make a choice. If you are looking for others to make the choice for you then you will never pull the trigger as you will hear great things about all of them.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
For me I went with Jim at rosewood about this time last spring. Just bought the truck, used most of my money on the down payment, got it home and 2 weeks later it blew the trans and injector orings at the same time. Not having a lot of money at this point I started my research. I though maybe the ts chip with canned tunes could be an issue with the trans going bad. Also not having what I found to be "proper" gauge set up I felt I needed a new one that could do more and be more accurate. But I still wanted the injectors looked at and reringed, but I was on a budget because I still needed the trans fixed. Rosewood had the stage 2 budget injectors and that fit right in with what I wanted. Warranty aside that was what I could afford. Larger nozzle gives a bit more out of it but nothing crazy, but I still knew the warranty was there if something happened within that time. He was also excellent to work with. In the end I had the truck in my possession 3 weeks and dropped $5500 into it, injectors, trans, chip, insight. To me, worth it. Next set of injectors for my built motor will be from full force or PIS.

But asking others opinions is like asking what color truck you should buy. As tarm said, do your own research and get what you feel is best for you and your budget and your build.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
I'll throw out a vote for Jim @ Rosewood as well. Four different trucks, from budget to 238s. Every set has been flawless. His customer service is excellent! Just was trouble shooting an issue I was having with my Excursion. I left him a message and the next morning I got a phone call. Much much help!! I took up about 15/20 minuets of his time with an issue I knew was not of his doing but was just checking... He had no problem giving me help. Great service and product at a great price👍👍

TARM

Reaction score
Perfect examples of what I was getting at. Its which you get the feeling after speaking with them that is going to fit best for you. Lots of great choices here.