Which 160/30 injectors?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Unlimited Injectors make more power than P.I.S. injectors

Are there any dyno or track time proven 600+ hp P.I.S. injector powered trucks?

LOL

I have no axe to grind with Nate. He is a stand up guy.
You are merely getting all butt hurt for your brand of choice, like sooooo many do on here.
I personally do not care what people think of myself or my brand. Those that try us know. Those that have not probably will one day.

I can promise you this, from things I have seen over the years from various vendors, if I wanted to make a stink I surely could. And I could guarantee it would get ugly here REAL quick.

And to answer you first statement, I would generally hope so. As we do not build an injector over 300cc. With our current largest "proper functioning" nozzle of 400%, and what "I" feel is a useable timeframe available to inject said fuel I see no need for anything larger. I believe Nate offers a 450'ish injector, so yes I hope he can offer more total hp.

And onto the second, I personally do not track and file dyno charts that are not my own personal trucks. But anyone is available to call either of our dealers that dyno/tune our products and get #'s straight from them. All I can recall off the top of my head are a handful of 600 and + guys, but that is just the daily drivers.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Sooooooo not butt hurt here.

Nate? Who's Nate? Nate isn't actually "my brand" of injectors. Although nutswinging and proprietary strick procedures does appear to be a large part of what your posts are about. No my injectors are top secret....so incredibly fast, smooth, and powerful.....With mods that no one has yet. But they did come from Bremen, OH and are guaranteed for life though.

Nope...Just wanted to clear up that Unlimited injectors make more power than P.I.S. injectors and have a lifetime warranty to boot.

I'd run yours...but then I'd have less power and less warranty. Why would I do that?

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I recently made 475 hp and 1100 tq at Dyno Proven running Tim's 175/80's and a 38r on a stock fuel system. My adrenaline HPOP struggled to keep up at that point, but if not 500 hp would have been easily doable according to Jonothan. With that said, I'm sure 600 hp would be done fairly easily with bigger PIS injectors and the right supporting mods.

V-Ref

Reaction score
For all my colorful commentary above...you can't go wrong with any of the PSA vendors. They've all passed the test of time and are built by some of the best in the diesel performance community. Blind brand loyalty is just that...blind.

What size/type/brand did you end up with?

Congrats in advance!

greyford1979

Reaction score
Thanks! Well after frying my brain trying to decide, I finally decided on PIS. I know I wouldn't have gone wrong with any of these fine builders. I mainly went with PIS since I have driven my brother's truck with these injectors and really like how it feels. I've never had any experience with any of the others as I have not been in the diesel world very long. I just went with the 160/30s as I'm not looking to build a race truck. I'm actually happy with how the truck feels even with the stock injectors and mild tunes, but since I need to replace them anyways, might as well go a little bit over stock. Looking forward to get them, just not installing them LOL. I'm sure there will be a few choice swear words being thrown around LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks! Well after frying my brain trying to decide, I finally decided on PIS. I know I wouldn't have gone wrong with any of these fine builders. I mainly went with PIS since I have driven my brother's truck with these injectors and really like how it feels. I've never had any experience with any of the others as I have not been in the diesel world very long. I just went with the 160/30s as I'm not looking to build a race truck. I'm actually happy with how the truck feels even with the stock injectors and mild tunes, but since I need to replace them anyways, might as well go a little bit over stock. Looking forward to get them, just not installing them LOL. I'm sure there will be a few choice swear words being thrown around LOL

nah. You will be fine. If you can run a ratchet its easy.

Check the under valve cover harnesses (uvch) and the glowplugs while you are in there. If you do decide to replace the glowplugs, break them loose with a ratchet then use some 5/8" heater hose, about 5" long to turn them out. If you want to get real crafty you can stick a 3"bolt into the hose and put a hose clamp on the hose to capture the bolt. Then put the appropriate socket on the bolt and spin the hose out with the gp in the other end. Reason being the socket gets caught on the rocker arm pedestal.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Reason being the socket gets caught on the rocker arm pedestal.

I've heard this for as long as I can remember, yet I've never found a 7.3 glowplug that my 1/4" drive 6-point deep 10mm Proto socket hasn't been able to extract without issue.
Must have been just a slightly thinner billet than every other socket is made from.

greyford1979

Reaction score
When we did my brother's injectors, we had one little b@$tard glow plug that the socket got stuck on. All the others came out just fine after we loosened them and then used the hose on to get the rest of the way out. Even after he tightened the glow plug back down the socket was still stuck and we gently had to wiggle the socket loose with a pair of small needle nose pliers. Then we were finally able to loosen it and pull it out with the hose.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Mine all came right out still on the craftsman socket. Just had one that pinched a little but none got super stuck.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've heard this for as long as I can remember, yet I've never found a 7.3 glowplug that my 1/4" drive 6-point deep 10mm Proto socket hasn't been able to extract without issue.
Must have been just a slightly thinner billet than every other socket is made from.

Has to be because I have ten 1/4" deep sockets and it was an issue with every one of them. You have an oddball socket if it works.

The hose works great. If you dont care to turn them all loose by hand capturing a suitable bolt in a length of hose and then running it with an impact is so great, its like it was meant to be.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mine all came right out still on the craftsman socket. Just had one that pinched a little but none got super stuck.

Hmmmm, you must have different rocker arms and sockets because on the four different 7.3s I have done this on I used craftsman sockets (my typical working tool set is one of those sets in a box). I have done gps in my 00 three times, in my 03 twice. Ive probably done gp's a few times, lol.

I want to SEE you do some because I dont think its possible with craftsman stuff.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Hmmmm, you must have different rocker arms and sockets because on the four different 7.3s I have done this on I used craftsman sockets (my typical working tool set is one of those sets in a box). I have done gps in my 00 three times, in my 03 twice. Ive probably done gp's a few times, lol.

I want to SEE you do some because I dont think its possible with craftsman stuff.

I used an 1/4" drive extension on the 3/8 inch ratchet with an adaptor and I got them out. Maybe the 1/4 was small enough. Short socket too not a deep.

ghohouston

Reaction score
i always use a deep 10mm 1/4" matco chrome socket, and never have problems. i certainly have had to use a small rubber hose to slip over the end of the glowplugs on the passenger side.

mustube

Reaction score
I have craftsman sockets and I have to do the hose method if I pull a glow plug.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Like I said there was just one that gave me an issue and got stuck. Ended up being able to get my fingers on it and pulling it out. I had the injectors and UVCH out too.

Latest posts

Members online