Which 160/30 injectors?

TyCorr

Reaction score
When we did my brother's injectors, we had one little b@$tard glow plug that the socket got stuck on. All the others came out just fine after we loosened them and then used the hose on to get the rest of the way out. Even after he tightened the glow plug back down the socket was still stuck and we gently had to wiggle the socket loose with a pair of small needle nose pliers. Then we were finally able to loosen it and pull it out with the hose.

Ohhhhhh I can totally picture that. Been there, done that. Theres always one that needs the needle nose treatment.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Well I installed the injectors today. Luckily didn't run into any problems, except for it being too damn hot to work on the truck and 2 busted knuckles. Took multiple breaks in between because of the heat. LOL However I don't have the new tunes yet:doh:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Who said texas had a dry heat?? You crackas cray cray
Well, then why didnt my uncle move back? I mean you would think he woulda figured that out BEFORE being there for 26 years! I mean that is why they went.

ghohouston

Reaction score
im pretty sure it stays in the high 70-80% humidity range through summer here. it gets hot, i know that. but i wouldnt live anywhere else

greyford1979

Reaction score
It was in the 90s and humid here today. I'm more of a low to mid 70s kind of guy. And since I did the injectors out side, I took a large table umbrella and slid it into my tow hook. Kept shade on me all day LOL

ghohouston

Reaction score
and then you have to remember it gets to like 105 here most summers. this summer has been unseasonably cool. but that difference in humidity probably makes it about the same i would think. idk

bruce

Reaction score
I live in pa and the heat up here ain't sh1t compared to real humid heat like Louisiana or Florida. But 140 degrees in Kuwait is a different animal. Feels like a hair dryer in your face constantly

ja_cain

Reaction score
I live in pa and the heat up here ain't sh1t compared to real humid heat like Louisiana or Florida. But 140 degrees in Kuwait is a different animal. Feels like a hair dryer in your face constantly
I've turned wrenches in some pretty hot places. Shivta, Israel was probably the hottest (dry heat wise). We weren't supposed to work on the trucks during the day because of the heat. We did it anyway but I remember being way more productive at night. 20+ hours a day trying to keep those busted up trucks running so the grunts could do training missions. Guys were falli g asleeping under vehicles with wrenches still in their hands. We still found time to work out too. Man those were the days.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score

Im not real knowledgeable on all this but I dont see how anywhere down south barring florida or other real humid place can be worse. I mean it stays above 90 most of the summer here. Many days in the upper 90s. I recall seeing 95-98 most days on the way home. But sonofabish it rains here so much that theres always moisture burning off.

I worked on a pair of 1600 foot bridges in 07-09 and we were running on pandeck every summer up there and if the ambient was 90-95 it would be 120+ up there. Thing is, it was hot, no argument, but I would get a sweat going, jeans would get damp and then I was fine. Hot but my body would cool itself if I drank water.

I guess I need to be moving somewhere warm and dry, lol.

Somebody else correct me but isnt a humidity level around 70 considered comfortable? Its up over 85% things get sticky.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I've visited rockford, IL many times over the years and I've lived in MN, TX and NE and nothing was worse in those areas than TX.

El Paso was 116 a few days ago and certain times of the year 90* at midnight is not uncommon.

Houston will see 90+ temps and 100% humidity in the summer. It's like being in a sauna literally..
When I was in San Antonio 90-95* days and 85-90% humidity consistently for several weeks, every year, just part of the normal summer.

The worst overall I've experienced is GA, I was near the coast and it was 90-100* and humidity was 100%, from april to early july. I've never seen fog mid day with 100* temps until then.

Every place can have it's unique weather but I'll take some hot sticky days over -45 for 6 months out of the year.

It's hard to wrench when your tools freeze to your gloves and your hand is numb and every f$ckin thing you touch breaks.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I went through boot camp at Parris Island in the middle of the summer and it was one of the worse places I have been. The humidity is pretty bad. Then went from there to a very arid place in 29 Palms California. The humidity, by far, makes everything more dificult. Having to wear a uniform makes it difficult too. Once you are in pt gear then it is much more tolerable. The convective cooling helps with fluid/sweat evaporation which is the most effective way to cool ones body. The bad thing about the desert is that it just dries you out so quick so you have to stay on top of fluid intake much more or it will bite you.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Also, no amount of water intake will increase evaporative cooling when the humidity is high. That is the real difference with humid vs arid places. As long as I was drinking water in the arid places I could handle it pretty well. You have to have something facilitating that evaporation whether it is air flow or a significant gradient (arid).

Latest posts

Members online