190's and 68 VGT review thread

smokinstroker

Reaction score
haha after you grenade 2 of them.....been there done that.

let me know man, glad your liking the charger. and awesome your not having surging problems.

the chad

Reaction score
so is this seeming to be the ticket for knocking for the VGT/190s discussion? After driving it around a little bit now are you still happy with it?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
so is this seeming to be the ticket for knocking for the VGT/190s discussion? After driving it around a little bit now are you still happy with it?

yes happy with the turbo so far! great for just driving around town and has some serious balls at WOT.

i ran the RCD street tune for a couple days. great tune to run around town in. seems like there is a lot of fuel pulled out of it so it's virtually smoke free even with my 100% nozzles. shifting is good and temps stay LOW. turbo spools really fast as well. definitely not a race/hot tune but if you're towing or just wanting something with less aggressive shifting for a DD...definitely a good tune. now since my truck is just a toy...i'll be needing something hotter so I'll load up the Hot Race tune they sent me and reviewing that one as well.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
yes happy with the turbo so far! great for just driving around town and has some serious balls at WOT.

i ran the RCD street tune for a couple days. great tune to run around town in. seems like there is a lot of fuel pulled out of it so it's virtually smoke free even with my 100% nozzles. shifting is good and temps stay LOW. turbo spools really fast as well. definitely not a race/hot tune but if you're towing or just wanting something with less aggressive shifting for a DD...definitely a good tune. now since my truck is just a toy...i'll be needing something hotter so I'll load up the Hot Race tune they sent me and reviewing that one as well.

Good job lance!

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Ran a couple times at Test n Tune at Texas Diesel Nationals. only made two passes cause of a few oil downs and some dumbass ran off the end of the track into the gravel pit and got stuck. Anyways:

I'm thinking around 8000 lbs??? 13.038 @ 101.39 and a 1.76 60' tried a several different hp calcs using trap speed and I've got anywhere from 566 to 585 at the wheels (used 15% drivetrain loss for those that gave crank.) had a few give over 600 so I'm not really sure where it sits......but 585 came up a couple times. i'm thinking I can def dip into the 12's with this setup on fuel.

Last edited:

Silverback

Reaction score
I'm guessing you weigh around 7850-8000. I'd say your between 550-575rwhp,which sounds about right. You'll have to weigh the truck with you in it to get a dead accurate number.

Congrats on the times btw, just barely breaking 12.9:ford:

Latest posts

Members online