6.4 Custom Cold Air Intake

Aaronb

Reaction score
Hey welcome to the army! I'm glad you decided to go with Mikes kit. He is a good guy and settles for nothing less than perfection. I have been checking to see how you made out on the H&S forum with your intake kit, so keep me posted.

Thanks. According to the tracking it's supposed to be there to install. I'm really looking forward to installing it. I'll let you know how it goes.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Thanks. According to the tracking it's supposed to be there to install. I'm really looking forward to installing it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Awesome! Its a really nice setup. Did you do a ccv reroute yet? If not you will need to. Its not that hard but just be ready to route some heater hose or whatever you plan on doing. :thumbup:

Aaronb

Reaction score
I went ahead a few weeks ago and rerouted the ccv back by the rear bumper, so I wouldn't have to take time on that when the intake comes in. I removed the baffle out of the intake horn or whatever you call it, so it let's more cooler air in, theoretically anyways. I figured I wouldn't have to worry about snow, because of the open design. I also have an outerwears prefilter for it. I'm curious to see how this intake sounds. I've noticed that you can hear the intake through the warm air hole in the stock intake box. I'm sure this intake is going to make the engine sound really nice. I'm curious what kind of fuel mileage difference you've seen with the no limit intake.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Good call on doing the reroute way ahead of time! I don't know if I had a milage gain or not. I kind of run mine with no regard to milageLOL. But my last tank was 16.9 mpg hand calculated. Thats driving on country roads with zero highway miles and quite a few on dirt roads.

Aaronb

Reaction score
Got my intake installed yesterday. It's a really nice setup. I need to fill up and go for a road trip to see what mileage is like. I'm glad I don't have to keep resetting my filter minder now. It really dresses up the engine compartment as well. I just need to get the cold air pipes one of these days. I'm glad I spent the extra on the no limit.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Got my intake installed yesterday. It's a really nice setup. I need to fill up and go for a road trip to see what mileage is like. I'm glad I don't have to keep resetting my filter minder now. It really dresses up the engine compartment as well. I just need to get the cold air pipes one of these days. I'm glad I spent the extra on the no limit.

yeah buddy !! glad you're happy !!!

powerstroked08

Reaction score

Awesome man! I'm glad you like it. Hows do you like sound?

Aaronb

Reaction score
Awesome man! I'm glad you like it. Hows do you like sound?

It's nice to be able to hear the turbos more. I always like a little turbo whistle. I put a full 5" exhaust on a few weeks ago, so it's sounding pretty good all around.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
It's nice to be able to hear the turbos more. I always like a little turbo whistle. I put a full 5" exhaust on a few weeks ago, so it's sounding pretty good all around.

Good I'm glad you got this kit. It really is the best setup to get. And the sound of the turbos really is a nice addition to the added power!:thumbup: I acually just ordered another kit for a friend of mine today since I'm going to be working on his truck. They must be a big seller, because elite was out of them. So Mike get to work! LOL Just kidding man! Keep up the good work and the quality! My hats off to you:thumbsup:

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Good I'm glad you got this kit. It really is the best setup to get. And the sound of the turbos really is a nice addition to the added power!:thumbup: I acually just ordered another kit for a friend of mine today since I'm going to be working on his truck. They must be a big seller, because elite was out of them. So Mike get to work! LOL Just kidding man! Keep up the good work and the quality! My hats off to you:thumbsup:

yes i agree :D

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Hey! A big thanks to Mike, I needed an intake in a hurry for a friends truck and he hooked me up with one in no time! Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey! A big thanks to Mike, I needed an intake in a hurry for a friends truck and he hooked me up with one in no time! Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.

you've been a good boy and a good customer. thank you !

Latest posts

Members online