6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
What for? Because it's fun lol. My 900hp was no fuss on the street and daily drove almost as nice as it did stock with a tune.

I think it comes down to how the entire truck is built. Some configurations are better suited and safer for big power then others. And some drivers are better suited and safer at operating big power on the street. Is 2000hp reasonable being daily driven?... No. But in the right hands it may be perfectly fine and still be safer then some people driving 200hp car.

I think another key point is just knowing your surroundings. A good driver is a good driver because of the risks they don't take.. Like getting rowdy in a crowded area, or on an unknown crappy road.

Even the best drivers have bad days, but doing things at the right time at the right place helps insure everyone walks away safely and no one ends up in the clink.. Even if some metal gets twisted up and someone's pocket book is going to be hurting.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
That's old news dude.

He already transferred his drivetrain into a whole new truck and laid down 1900+ in colorado this past weekend at the Gauntlet Challenge
1900+ with a 24% correction factor. Uncorrected was 1599. But even laying down 1600 is impressive.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to smart to be punching it with 2k hp on a street with a bunch of cars on it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
So we all agree that it's cool weather you're building a truck for the dyno, or for the street, or the track, as long as you're building a truck...

Or are all the dyno guys homo's? Hahaha

Notneb

Reaction score
Meh diesel trucks are following in the "supra" crowd foot steps anymore it seems. Let's put a retarded amount of power into a platform that can't put it down anywhere but a dyno with 4 fat kids in the trunk. I'm sorry but like others have said, that's not impressive. Sure it's neat at first, but good god we get it, 2k hp, yaaaayyyy... Now make it do something impressive, like put the power down on a track or hooked to a sled.

I know I'm not alone in this...

ckrueg

Reaction score
Meh diesel trucks are following in the "supra" crowd foot steps anymore it seems. Let's put a retarded amount of power into a platform that can't put it down anywhere but a dyno with 4 fat kids in the trunk. I'm sorry but like others have said, that's not impressive. Sure it's neat at first, but good god we get it, 2k hp, yaaaayyyy... Now make it do something impressive, like put the power down on a track or hooked to a sled.

Agreed, no point in having 1500+ hp if you can't use it for anything. Imo a 900 hp truck that can be beat on on the track/street or off road is way better than a 1500 hp truck that can only use it on a dyno.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

I'd rather watch 600hp street trucks hooked to a sled all night.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm. ok. JD told me he did over 1900 so I just went with that since JD was there...Regardless at elevation that's impressive no matter what

well if JD said it .. LOL .. he himself made 1500 on nitrous and a 25% correction factor too . those numbers are bogus.

Inline6359

Reaction score

How is going down the strip or track any more impressive then a dyno? It's all in the same boat for me. "Yippie, here we have ANOTHER truck going down the tracks...OMG, orgasm.." not. I understand the finesse between the two but it's just boring anymore to me. I would be happy as a pig in **** to build a bad ass sleeper, not because I want to street race, or sled pull, or drag race. But because I can, if nobody ever sees it, I don't care, showing my truck or car penis dosent do it for me anymore.

Wayne

Reaction score
If a truck is a dyno queen that can't do much at the track, or on the street, then all it is, is an expensive, noisy number generator IMO. Put the power to the road, and the fun begins.

Dan

Reaction score
Dan you actually made 830 with zero correction factor in Denver.

So 1037 with the correction factor? That's a little less lame when you say it that way! Hahaha thanks!!

which was prolly at or over 1000 at sea level if it was on fuel.

Yah I actually made less HP on spray (770) which I have no explanation for! Haha

Latest posts

Members online