All I got to say..

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Thanks! just Wanted to know.

Well I guess the point was carillo lists there pro h rods at 1180 grams I believe that's a pretty hefty weight savings over the rest... Does it make any difference in an engine that might see 3800 rpm?

Last edited:

JDub

Reaction score
Crowers seem to be pretty proven in these motors, that's what I ran. The Hypermax rods seem to be holding up well also.

Viking

Reaction score
Crower: 1445.00g each or 25.43 lbs for a set of eight

Stock 7.3 Forged: 1429.00g each or 25.15 lbs for a set of eight

Cunningham: 1388.00g each or 24.43 lbs for a set of eight

R&R: 1305.00g each or 22.97 lbs for a set of eight

All steel billet?

Heard of any lighter that can be used DD?

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Crowers here too. Go with the proven rod. You don't want to do it a third time. Follow the advise. Best of luck.

Charles

Reaction score
On the Hypermax website they list the rods as being as much as 40g lighter than stock. They also rate them to 2000BHP. I imagine their mech engine testing has something to do with that number.

Cale ripped a block into three pieces at tripple digit boost and the rods still look fine even after everything flew all apart.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
On the Hypermax website they list the rods as being as much as 40g lighter than stock. They also rate them to 2000BHP. I imagine their mech engine testing has something to do with that number.

Cale ripped a block into three pieces at tripple digit boost and the rods still look fine even after everything flew all apart.

I remember the first time seeing that motor lay on the floor I just thought what the f#ck... And yes the rods do look fine.. I will be using hmax rods in my build

JDub

Reaction score
They've also held up to some abuse in the Lightning...again triple digit boost numbers without an issue.

Charles

Reaction score
My truck never made big power, but it did do it day in and day out, even towing up to and over 30,000gross at full power at times and one thing I can say is that when we took it apart after 93lbs of boost lifted the heads on the cometics, the pin bushings were still in good shape, and after a couple years of hard daily driving duty we reused all but one rod bearing and simply put it right back together.

For reference, my stock rod pin bushings at only 550rwhp were egged...

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have a built motor setting here waiting if mine ever blows in my SD. It was in a ec/sb 4x4 truck that was running 12.3s. Not huge power, but it has 16k or so miles on it and was never missing a beat before pulled. Hypermax rods with WOP girdle. FWIW.

spongebob915

Reaction score
I have a built motor setting here waiting if mine ever blows in my SD. It was in a ec/sb 4x4 truck that was running 12.3s. Not huge power, but it has 16k or so miles on it and was never missing a beat before pulled. Hypermax rods with WOP girdle. FWIW.

Your selling it ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.