All those from Montana... Post up!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd like to check out your truck.. You probably wont be too interested in mine she's stock and slow. LOL Hopefully not for long can't wait to start working this summer again. I have some big plans once I start working.

Just for the record.. I like ALL OBS pickups even if they are stock.... and beat up and slow.. does not matter.. I still like them!!!

As for my pickup it all depends on what I can get done.. a outdoor shop does not work so good.... I know this from experiences!!! LOL

We seem to have nice days doring the work week but as soon as the weekend comes it get cold!! either is snow and blowing hard or its blowing and -20!

If I dont get it going I will be in my 99 7.3. or a 84 Mercury lynx diesel car...

i will let you know when i am planning on going through!! And what i will be driving..

Strokin572

Reaction score
And do you know of any OBS 7.3 engines for sale here in MT, I'm looking to buy one here this summer to start my build so I still have my truck for my DD but will have an engine to swap in when it's done. And do you have any parts from your build that you'd sell?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have a nice shop to work on my stuff from just no money for parts. Not working due to school sucks.

having a shop would be great!! that is half the battle..

And do you know of any OBS 7.3 engines for sale here in MT, I'm looking to buy one here this summer to start my build so I still have my truck for my DD but will have an engine to swap in when it's done. And do you have any parts from your build that you'd sell?

As of right now I know of no OBS engines for sale in Montana..

And as for parts left over from my build..... What are you looking to do to the engine??

Strokin572

Reaction score
Well my plan (as of right now) get an OBS engine and put the Ford overhaul kit and rebuild an engine for the experience of doing it. Getting the block and heads machined and everything you need for a quality rebuild. Headstuds, mainstuds, 910 springs good pushrods. Then from there intercooler, fuel system, T500, 250/100 injectors Modded H2E and tuning. This will be over the course of a few years. My goal is to have it done before I graduate and go to WyoTech. With that setup I'd be pushing 450-550hp probably? Of course that can probably change depending if I find good used stuff I saw a S366 complete setup I would get if I had the money so I'll be on the lookout for used stuff too.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well my plan (as of right now) get an OBS engine and put the Ford overhaul kit and rebuild an engine for the experience of doing it. Getting the block and heads machined and everything you need for a quality rebuild. Headstuds, mainstuds, 910 springs good pushrods. Then from there intercooler, fuel system, T500, 250/100 injectors Modded H2E and tuning. This will be over the course of a few years. My goal is to have it done before I graduate and go to WyoTech. With that setup I'd be pushing 450-550hp probably? Of course that can probably change depending if I find good used stuff I saw a S366 complete setup I would get if I had the money so I'll be on the lookout for used stuff too.

With the right supporting mods you should see 450 to 500 with good tuning
some see more but that also depends on the dyno I would guess with good tuning you would be closer to 500... Personally i would not go with a H2E turbo. You are limited to a T4i base. and well that just limits you to one turbo pretty much. Sounds like yo have a good plan of attack!!

You could keep your turbo stock to and still make 400 to 425... Or do a D66 that bolts right on to the factory turbo mount and you could see 450 to 500 with a good waste gate to keep you under 40 psi of boost.. Just a thought and it would keep your build cheaper..

It is no longer listed....

Strokin572

Reaction score
Do Super duty engines bolt in pretty easy? And what are some other turbos that I could go bigger later on? Eventually I might put twins... :evil something that is capable of being a DD and towing my racecar too is what I'm hoping to do.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If you are looking to do compounds later on, I would stick with a 66mm turbo.. Then just pick what turbo you want to feed it after you want to step up to compounds..

Like a Holset HX55

Borg Warner S366

As long as it has the normal T4 foot..

Strokin572

Reaction score
Would single still put me 450-500 at least? And I got my rollcage finished today I might start a build thread on my racecar or should I not since its not diesel? But my next shop project I think will be front and rear bumpers.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes a single will get you to 450 500 easy... Very easy to say the least...

You can have a gas car build thread here.. Just have to get it in the right spot is all..

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
You should be able to.. But man I dont know!!! I have never had a smartphone. You might have to download them to Photobucket then put them on here..

But I really do not know how smartphones work

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.