Biggest Injector On PMR's

juniort444e

Reaction score
I have a bad haze all the time and it gets worse obviously with more throttle. I know having a bigger turbo with a 1.15 doesnt help. Ive been getting better mpg also with the new setup, even when i do play on the highway.

Matt, i seen the article in Dpmag. Some good stuff, with the graphs and all. I have the money for the new chip, so when ever your ready let me know.

Could 250/200's with a 4202 with 1.15 on a sd with 35's be haze free. It bothers me when i have people close behind me, just wondering if it can be cleared up at all in an econo tune.

To the op i do have pmr's and love my setup. I only have two tunes right now from a different tuner. But going with matt's really soon. Cant wait to see what it'll do then.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I know EXACTLY what you mean ^^^... Cars try to stay back because of the extremely faint light grey haze always coming from the exhaust.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Some do, but around here it's the norm if your vehicle has some sort of cloudy matter coming from it. Most are just junkers that need replaced. Mine just needs better tunes and a few more tweeks here and there.

Mostly on the highway tho, i get the people who stay back then zip past just to get in front of me and proceed to go the speed limit, which im not doing because im trying to keep it around 70mph and 2000rpm where its less smokey.

TARM

Reaction score
I have a bad haze all the time and it gets worse obviously with more throttle. I know having a bigger turbo with a 1.15 doesnt help. Ive been getting better mpg also with the new setup, even when i do play on the highway.

Matt, i seen the article in Dpmag. Some good stuff, with the graphs and all. I have the money for the new chip, so when ever your ready let me know.

Could 250/200's with a 4202 with 1.15 on a sd with 35's be haze free. It bothers me when i have people close behind me, just wondering if it can be cleared up at all in an econo tune.

To the op i do have pmr's and love my setup. I only have two tunes right now from a different tuner. But going with Matt's really soon. Cant wait to see what it'll do then.

I think your larger 4202 and 1.15 is the issue more than anything. IMO its more that than the 200% but it all contributes. I honestly think Matt can tune out smoke better than anyone. It might take a few tweaks but he is really good at minimizing smoke. It just takes messing with it until you know you got it as best its gonna get. Some of it can also be the transmission shift strategy as well. Obviously down shifting sooner and quicker helps things.

I have noticed even with a screwed up hpop issue producing low and wildly fluctuating icp my MPG seems to have gone up as well. I bet I gain another 1 mpg once I get it handled which I am in the process of doing.

I think you get better mpg even with all the extra power and even noticeable wasted fuel in the form of smoke out the a$$ is better efficiency from the turbo and fuel burn at cruising speeds and conditions. The reason I think is one the larger turbo is more efficient over all. At cruising speeds it has much lower boost and thus less drive pressure fighting against the engine (the housing helps a lot there I think) . The larger 200% nozzles with its short PW/icp gives you a lower egt which is a sign of more efficient complete burn in the cylinder. You also are running fresh well built injectors

Charles

Reaction score
I'm at a loss for you 200% nozzle people having issues with smoke.

At 591rwhp my truck was damn near crystal clean at WOT!!!

I do NOT sympathize...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score

I do NOT sympathize...

I believe it can be, and i also believe it should be. But us that dont tune ourselves are sort of in a haze when it becomes nearly impossible to get in touch with tuners to fine tune things.

A live tuning would have them running crystal clear

Gearhead

Reaction score

I do NOT sympathize...

There's a big airflow difference there.... we are talking about a large single that is under the charger at cruise vs a 38r that is happy there.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
There's a big airflow difference there.... we are talking about a large single that is under the charger at cruise vs a 38r that is happy there.

So the theory is, a larger charger that is running low to no boost at a cruise will be more likely to haze than a 38r which is pushing 6-7lbs at a cruise.

Any way around this? I want a large enough single for 550-600, seems like i should be able to run haze free with that

MINK

Reaction score
I tossed a PMR on a stock motor with exhaust and an economy tune.

Word, lost mine with a race tune. Wish I knew more back then as you could actually hear the timing increase as you switched through my tunes. I dont see the point in playing with fire as common as failures are with pmrs.

I do enjoy reading the info shared in this thread, good stuff.

Charles

Reaction score

Step one..... isolate the problem. Check...

Step two.... fix it

TARM

Reaction score
So the theory is, a larger charger that is running low to no boost at a cruise will be more likely to haze than a 38r which is pushing 6-7lbs at a cruise.

Any way around this? I want a large enough single for 550-600, seems like i should be able to run haze free with that

There is going to be a point where you have a large enough charger or larger housing where you just have to learn how to drive it to prevent smoking until the charger starts to build boost.

You can get that power range with a 4294 1.15 and that is not going to have issues from lag. Its when you go up from there and do not decrease turbine housings that things start to become an issue from the lag. But I think with more tuning tweaks and learning how to drive to minimize it you can improve things greatly.

I know of some larger turbos than is running tighter housing with 200% and there is zero smoke according to the owner until you get to the race tunes where you would expect it. Those happen to be Matts tunes

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yeah this 72/74/19 s300 that im installing should be plenty tight and flow enough to be able to achieve low smoke except in the race tunes. I am looking into the PHP software right now to start tuning myself

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

Yes and yes
Tuning, Charles is right. There is no reason why with 200% nozzles you cant be smoke free. I can cruise around in my race tune and I make zero smoke until I mash the go pedal, and at that its minimal.

Once the turbo lights it clears up.

Word, lost mine with a race tune. Wish I knew more back then as you could actually hear the timing increase as you switched through my tunes. I dont see the point in playing with fire as common as failures are with pmrs.

I do enjoy reading the info shared in this thread, good stuff.

:whs: PMRs are a gamble.

TARM

Reaction score
What is nice right now is we have a nice broad group of guys running 200% nozzles.

Let make a list of the various combos and go from there as how they are doing how much tuning they have had etc...

Tarm:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 465cc/200% Unlimited
  • GTX4294r 1.15 div
  • Dual HPOP Stealth (soon to be swapped for SPR1)
  • Gearhead Tuning

V-Ref:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 400cc/200% Unlimited
  • Precision 76mm(Ext) .81 undiv
  • Stealth Stage II
  • Gearhead Tuning

VanderChevy18:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Full Force
  • GTX4294r 1.15 div
  • Stealth SPR1
  • Tyrant Tuning

Juniort444e:
  • PMR Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Unlimited?
  • GT4202JB 1.15 div
  • Stealth SPR1
  • DP Tuning

Pocket:
  • PMR Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Builder?
  • GT38R 1.15 div
  • Stealth SPR1 ?
  • Self Tuned

Charles:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 300cc/200% Swamps
  • GT38R 1.0? div
  • Swamps Gen 3 ?
  • Self Tuned

AzPsd55:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Full Force
  • GTX4294r turbine?
  • Stealth SPR1
  • Beans Tuning

If I got anything wrong for anyone or stuff with ? you can fill in please do. Quote the lastest list into your post and edit what is needed.

Anyone that is running a 200% on a single especially if its a smaller turbo please list it up. Quote the latest list and add your specs into it.

Then lets start talking about what we are seeing as far as driving characteristics etc.. I think this hands on real world data would be the most helpful to those looking at a combo.

In the end past really loose turbo combos I think tuning is going to be the determining factor.

But it will be nice to see what things people see with drop in temps and various weight towing and elevations.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I dont know how to make the fancy bullets...

Forged stock engine
250/200 Full Force
72/74/19 s300 T4i from Irate, soon to be wastegated
Dual Terminator Pumps
Tony Wildman, Tyrant tuning

TARM

Reaction score
What is nice right now is we have a nice broad group of guys running 200% nozzles.

Let make a list of the various combos and go from there as how they are doing how much tuning they have had etc...

Tarm:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 465cc/200% Unlimited
  • GTX4294r 1.15 div
  • Dual HPOP Stealth (soon to be swapped for SPR1)
  • Gearhead Tuning

V-Ref:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 400cc/200% Unlimited
  • Precision 76mm(Ext) .81 undiv
  • Stealth Stage II
  • Gearhead Tuning

VanderChevy18:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Full Force
  • GTX4294r 1.15 div
  • Stealth SPR1
  • Tyrant Tuning

Juniort444e:
  • PMR Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Unlimited?
  • GT4202JB 1.15 div
  • Stealth SPR1
  • DP Tuning

Pocket:
  • PMR Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Builder?
  • GT38R 1.15 div
  • Stealth SPR1 ?
  • Self Tuned

Charles:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 300cc/200% Swamps
  • GT38R 1.0? div
  • Swamps Gen 3 ?
  • Self Tuned

AzPsd55:
  • Forged Stock Engine
  • 250cc/200% Full Force
  • GTX4294r turbine?
  • Stealth SPR1
  • Beans Tuning

Strokeorcroak:
  • Forged stock engine
  • 250/200 Full Force
  • 72/74/19 s300 T4i from Irate, soon to be wastegated
  • Dual Terminator Pumps
  • Tony Wildman, Tyrant tuning
If I got anything wrong for anyone or stuff with ? you can fill in please do. Quote the lastest list into your post and edit what is needed.

Anyone that is running a 200% on a single especially if its a smaller turbo please list it up. Quote the latest list and add your specs into it.

Then lets start talking about what we are seeing as far as driving characteristics etc.. I think this hands on real world data would be the most helpful to those looking at a combo.

In the end past really loose turbo combos I think tuning is going to be the determining factor.

But it will be nice to see what things people see with drop in temps and various weight towing and elevations.

There ya go

To do LIST

You start with:

• then put this before each line you wish a bullet:

• Then to end it put this to close the bullets:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks Tarm.

Maybe everyone else already has done it, but we should make our signatures show just the important mods done, sort of like this list has shown. That way us guys with 200 or 400% nozzles who are trying to dial things in perfectly/tune ourselfs can help each other without guessing each time

Latest posts

Members online