Blew hg/ help me build a 700 hp dd

78f100

Reaction score
I have learned a lot from this too, it was time consuming and a pain getting some of the parts, but I'm glad I did it. It was a great feeling when she fired up for the first time, but still nervous. I did it all right by myself, well my 5 year old handed me a few tools and my brother came over and helped when lowering the cab. But if not for this site and the guys that have been here and done this help idk how it would have went. So thanks to all who gave advise, how to info, and encouragement. I pray it stays together and runs good for a long time but if not I'm not scared to bail off in it now. I just drove it to Panama City and it did good, almost 90 miles round trip.

I will get my wg plumbed and hopefull take it to the track to get new time slip, before this it ran a best 1/8 @ 8.5x

I took lots of pics too and will try to post some more, but I live in the woods and only have internet on my phone or tethered to my laptop, so uploading pics is slow.

anthony02tolson

Reaction score
Great job! Been following along. I wish I had your skills. Oh and Money!! Ha ha hope she runs good AF the track. Keep us posted on the Dyno numbers too. Kick ass bro!

78f100

Reaction score
Just a update, the truck has about 250 miles on it without a hiccup so me and my bro took it to Panama City tonight, its Bike Week/Thunder Beach. We had a blast just riding around looking at the bikes and other scenery...lol on front beach rd. Traffic was moving at a crawl and a guy runs out in front of me waving his arms. I stop and he says "let this powerstroke loose" and everyone starts yelling do it. I told him its gonna cover yall in smoke, and of coarse I had to do it, peer pressure... I was proud of the truck.. she lit both tires up quick and sounded great. I painted the road about 10ft and got out of it, they went crazy! I normally don't hot rod like that in public but everyone there was stopping and doing burnouts in front of these guys. It was fun, I know some are gonna give me trouble about it though, like I said it's not normal for me. Its crazy there during bike week, Its like being in the parking lot at a big Diesel race...

I launched it pretty good on the way home, it feels a good bit stronger, I'm still nervous about beating on it too much. It seems to smoke less during normal driving until you pour the coal to it.
Rail pressure was 18-19k on the mini max so I put the ae on it and it said 26,400 idk whats up with that but plan to check it out better in the next few days. I need to check pressure from the airdog and at the elite regulator.

So far I'm thrilled with it!

I will keep posted but it may be a few days, got to put some hg's on a 6.0 this week.

Latest posts

Members online