cleaning/ testing injectors and nozzles?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Anyone know of a company who does this.. also does anyone know of a company who checks hpfps.. thanks

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Thanks I will give them a call in the am.... Been thinkijg of replacing the cam/crank and exhuast sensors and see if I can get rail pressure... Right now its only 55psi... Tried everything else..... Tore pump apart Nd has no debris in it.... Oil level hasent raised, and low pressure is blead.. hpfp isnt grounded.. reads low puns between the solenoids....

Oh does elite check both?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
whoa... i think your going too far...

What is supply pressure to the pump?

Have you tried to crack the injection lines while cranking to bleed air out?

DO you get any codes?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I get P0578 and p179a... And I dont really get any pressure on the injector side to bleed air out of the system.. almost like the truck isn't telling the pump to turn on..

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Low pressure is airdog pump direct to hpfp and the hpfp return goes strait back to the tank...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ok, so your sure that you actually have PRESSURE @ the high pressure pump? Verified with a gauge.

THERE is nothing that "tells" the pump to turn on if your talking about the HPFP

Even if the high pressure pump is open circuit it should still build 450psi of pressure at the rail and wont start.

You either have a nasty air bubble, or the low pressure system isnt working right

Also didnt you have regulated fuel on both sides of the hpfp?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I did have it regd on both sides but took it off, worried it was part of the problem.. so I have the airdog strait to the pump and I have a fitting right above the hpfp that reads 15psi.. thanks for the 450psi tip that will help me move in the right direction... Must somehow habe an airbuble... I will keep trying to bleed the lines at the heads.. even tho I have done that about a dozen times and only a light strewn comes out when cranking

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the p179a is because you dont have the vgt hooked up anymore because the single turbo

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I did have it regd on both sides but took it off, worried it was part of the problem.. so I have the airdog strait to the pump and I have a fitting right above the hpfp that reads 15psi.. thanks for the 450psi tip that will help me move in the right direction... Must somehow habe an airbuble... I will keep trying to bleed the lines at the heads.. even tho I have done that about a dozen times and only a light strewn comes out when cranking

its either air or a bad rail pressure sensor.

Does the pressure seam to change with cranking? Im almost positive the lowest the sensor should read is 100 psi but i might be wrong.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
never even heard of that code... wonder if thats part of the tune, or maybe a faulty TPS? I doubt it tho since its a double axis tps...

Keep bleeding, check rail again while cranking, and you might just throw a rail sensor at it

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Funny thing about the sensor.. I got advised to replace it becuase my truck was reading 0 all together, replaced ot and now it reads 55psi... Well bounces from .38-.41mpa while cranking,

Dzchey21

Reaction score
do you not get a code for low rail pressure while cranking?

you should be throwing a p2291 i would think

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Nope.. don't get that code.... Should i be bleadinf both the hp lines at once or one at a time... Been doing one at a time..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Nope.. don't get that code.... Should i be bleadinf both the hp lines at once or one at a time... Been doing one at a time..

Shouldn't matter its common fuel anyway. Wonder if the rails are full of air.

Watch injector pulse width while cranking and let me know what that says

Sent from my DROIDX