Cheap AMP Steps 799 shipped!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
He took care of me. Said he found some BestStop steps for a crew cab and packing that with Amp hardware and sending it out. Sending a light kit out to me for the confusion too.
So I'm waiting to see how this all works out. I'm stoked to see it happen!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Everything's good in the hood now.
42b6c99a-d667-f7c4.jpg

Now I just can wait to get em on!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Sweet! I guess he swapped them out huh?

Set aside about 2 hours and go throw them on!

Ya the store swapped em out. They sent the right ones Monday And fedex picked the chevy ones up on Tuesday. I think Jason was still on vacation cause he just called on Tuesday to check and make sure someone took care of me.

I really am about ready to put them on right now, but I need to get some rest. Probably try to get em on tomorrow afternoon when I leave work. I just hope it all goes well, somehow I always manage to f up electrical stuff. Example is how my cab lights I put on dim with the gauges in the dash. Lol I'm sure these will go up and down when my windshield wipers are on.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well it seems as though I got them on correctly finally. There were a few snags, but overall it went well.

The nfabs I had bent the mounting holes somehow and I couldn't get the j-hooks in the right spot without all my strength and a screwdriver to pry em.

Then the instructions on wiring weren't correct. They say I don't have rear door ajar wires on a supercab, but I do. And I was unable to locate this mythical purple with blue stripe that's a constant ground....?

Other than that, the instructions sucked pretty bad, but I got it done and they're awesome. I didn't realize you couldn't see them at all when theyre up! And they make it so much better getting in and the looks in parking lots are priceless.

EDIT: I have not had to use the windshield wipers, and although it looks like I'll never use them again, I'll keep y'all posted.

Reaction score
Sucks that you had a hard time installing them but they are way nicer and worth the effort than the NFABs right?

They sure do get alot questions, looks and compliments when people see them come out of thin air!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Definitely worth the hassle and everything. Just sucks the nfabs messed those holes up so bad. The top set of mounting holes was just bent to hell one side would be half a cm out from the other side. Then when I got em on finally the boards didnt want to fall in the grooves cause it wasn't perfectly straight.

Really worth it tho, also, I made out real good, now I can sell my nfabs I got for free and come out even better than just the 799. Thanks man for posting this sale up.

Love the looks and comments. They're so hidden everyone just looks really confused.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Mine came in while I was gone so I had a buddy pick them up from my door, I'll snag them up after work and see whats in store.

Latest posts

Members online