constant light smoke

V-Ref

Reaction score
Those look like good #s to me. If the truck is still apart I'd still get after #s for #3 & #7 though. You really need all 8 to rule out your issue.

mandkole

Reaction score
For some reason i couldnt get the adapter from the kit to thread into 5 and 7, dont ask me why.

Were the rockers in a weird position when you tried? Ive run into that and rolling it a little to move the arm made it easier to get access. Being against the hvac plenum doesn't help..

DocBar

Reaction score
ok guys, thread revival. Finally got a chance to pull some compression numbers.

2=400
4=450
6=450
8=400

1=450
5=450

For some reason i couldnt get the adapter from the kit to thread into 5 and 7, dont ask me why. The glow plugs would thread in fine no problem. Threads didnt look jacked up or anything.

How do the numbers look? There is a guy local that i just talked to and he swapped from pis to FFD injectors and is having the exact same issues as i am. So i'm thinking compression is fine and its and injector issue
Those look like great compression numbers, but I think you mean you couldn't get the adapter to work on 3 and 7. 5 shows 450#'s

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Those look like great compression numbers, but I think you mean you couldn't get the adapter to work on 3 and 7. 5 shows 450#'s

yeah oops, 3 and 7. And idk about the rockers, tried every which way to get it in. refused to thread more than one or two threads. shes back together now. I changed my serp belt because i noticed it was starting to shred. I guess i cracked my upper rad nipple when i pulled the hose off. It was pissing coolant today:fustrate: . There's a small crack right along where the upper hose connects. Thnking about throwing some RTV on it to see what happens

superpsd

Reaction score
rtv is not likely to hold under that pressure. Buy a cheap soldiering iron and melt the crack sealed. I usually also cut off a piece of similar used radiator to melt on top of it to increase the weld. Must use the same kind of plastic as indifferent plastics usually do not bond so well.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
tried that with some plastic i had laying around, didnt stick worth a crap. Guess it was a different type

Latest posts

Members online