Got a new project

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks guys got the front end tore apart and its gunna need a radiator air to air. Steering gear box and some slight frame straightening... bummer but I think it will be ok

Engine is out of the black truck and on the floor and thr truck is outside with the cab sat down on it so im making progress anyway. Ill post some pictures

Dzchey21

Reaction score
nice!

and Josh the way I understood it I think hes keeping the CC, just making it a DD and this one the hot rod

No im gunna sell it. Tired of such a long pickup. Actually considering an ecoboost but I will be in no hurry to purchase another truck

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Any clues to what led to your cracked piston? Just wondering

If you look at the picture you can actually see where a valve hit the piston... truth is alot of pistons look like that. That's prob from me spraying nitrous multiple times on stock turbos with no wastegate.

When I pulled the heads for the Dpc the pistons had the marks already but no cracks. Since then (15000) miles its seen alot more nitrous and alot of heat from poor spooling singles.

I drove 200 miles with constant 950+ egts several times... including towing a boat. I know the pistons were hot because the oil temps we're also high.

So between the heat and the added stress of valve contact it was bound to happen

Silverback

Reaction score
If you look at the picture you can actually see where a valve hit the piston... truth is alot of pistons look like that. That's prob from me spraying nitrous multiple times on stock turbos with no wastegate.

When I pulled the heads for the Dpc the pistons had the marks already but no cracks. Since then (15000) miles its seen alot more nitrous and alot of heat from poor spooling singles.

I drove 200 miles with constant 950+ egts several times... including towing a boat. I know the pistons were hot because the oil temps we're also high.

So between the heat and the added stress of valve contact it was bound to happen

Were you running stock valve springs?

davey99ps

Reaction score
Damn, I've been wanting exactly what you just bought for awhile now, guess I need to start looking a lil harder. Wish I could afford your cc, but I doubt its in my price range. I refuse to have another truck payment again, I hated it when I had my sd. The new truck should be nasty when your done. Any plans on changing your set-up at all, or is it going in the same as it came out of the cc except new pistons? Can't wait to see the finished product

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Were you running stock valve springs?

Initially on stock turbos yes. Since then im.running stage 1 from elite with no more contact.

Damn, I've been wanting exactly what you just bought for awhile now, guess I need to start looking a lil harder. Wish I could afford your cc, but I doubt its in my price range. I refuse to have another truck payment again, I hated it when I had my sd. The new truck should be nasty when your done. Any plans on changing your set-up at all, or is it going in the same as it came out of the cc except new pistons? Can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks man... you understand why im selling it lol.

Im gunna run HD pistons uncoated and I think im gunna bump the nozzles up to 200s buy im still insure on that one. Need a solid buyer for my 150s first

HD F250

Reaction score
Congrats Dustin, I am sure it will be a runner and you will make it look good once it's done. I would love to have a 6.4 single cab 4x4 modified for a short bed myself. Do it!!!! :thumbsup:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Congrats Dustin, I am sure it will be a runner and you will make it look good once it's done. I would love to have a 6.4 single cab 4x4 modified for a short bed myself. Do it!!!! :thumbsup:

Im always going yo be on the outlook for a shortbed. I have always wanted a reg cab shorted

CamTom12

Reaction score
Dude, killer find! That thing is going to be killer, especially when you shorten the bed :D

Good work on getting out from payments, too. That's a smart way to be.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
was going to ask if you were shortening the bed? Missed it if you already mentioned it. At least you won't have your dd in the shop when it need working on.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
was going to ask if you were shortening the bed? Missed it if you already mentioned it. At least you won't have your dd in the shop when it need working on.

Plus Thia truck will fit in my garage at home for minor fixes Ect

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Should be a fun little truck to drive when you're all done. and I'm sure you'll really like a new ecoboost if you get one

CamTom12

Reaction score
Plus Thia truck will fit in my garage at home for minor fixes Ect

LOL, that seems like a minor deal but I'll agree it's a pretty major thing. I'm not going to lie, I just danced a jig when my 69 F250 just fit in the garage at home on the first try.

Horray for not changing a thermostat in -5* weather!

Latest posts

Members online