Irate s468 install

2000wa250

Reaction score
Its running great. Had some major boost leaks but once those were taken care of its been running flawlessly. Still have to finish both the oil and fuel sides of things and headstud and springs

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
Let me get my new clutch in and i'll try to get some videos. If not i'm sure i can get a video on the dyno. Still trying to work out some of the kinks. So far I'm happy with it though....thinking the clutch is going to make a huge difference.

2000wa250

Reaction score
A southbend dual disc 650hp clutch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

2000wa250

Reaction score
Been wrestling with the transmission the last two days. Previous owner had some ****ed up.**** when he put the old clutch in so spent some time cleaning up his ****.

For anyone putting a clutch in or doing anything requiring dropping your tranny make sure you get a quality transmission jack....really sketch and tough trying to move that beast with a jack not intended for it. Should have videos after next weekend. Gonna have to drive it quite a bit to.break in the clutch before dyno day and live tuning

Chrisreedtn

Reaction score
The clutch is something that takes some getting used to, locks up quick!

And yea, I use a 4wheeler jack under the middle/front, and a regular jack under the transfer case. Removing that thing is a dangerous ordeal.

2000wa250

Reaction score
563/986

Having an issue with ICP, and trying to nail down whether it is mechanical or tuning related. Starting to lean towards mechanical.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Good solid numbers with no icp and tons of smoke. Turbo only hit 40 psi and sat right at it. Power was all above 2500 rpm. Torque numbers aren't right. Been working with cale and joey all day and will be working on it all week to try and iron her out

97stoker350

Reaction score
this is almost identical to what im doing but swamps tunes with srp 1.1 and idm mod. hope you get it worked out and see some more numbers!!

Black 02

Reaction score
Good solid numbers with no icp and tons of smoke. Turbo only hit 40 psi and sat right at it. Power was all above 2500 rpm. Torque numbers aren't right. Been working with cale and joey all day and will be working on it all week to try and iron her out

Do you have a picture of the intake you came up with? I'm installing a 468 right now and I have an AFE system as well. Just curious what you did.

I got a 5.5" 45 degree boot from Jake with an insert in it to neck it down to 4" Seems like it'll hit the valve cover. I don't know if the reducing elbow is more like what I should get.

Also, my compressor housing hits the intake bolt as well. I've rolled the intake housing and it won't it if the outlet is almost straight up cause the housing is thinner at that position. When I roll it down, it hits. I need to get a shallow bold as well.

Thanks,
Ryan

2000wa250

Reaction score
I ended up pulling the single bolt that it hits. I know there are two different flange heights from Jake, so maybe give him a call and see if he accidentially sent you the wrong size flange. As far as the intake, I have a 5.5 to 4" 90* boot that Jake sent me, and from that I have a piece of 45* pipe and then a stock intake hose. Not the prettiest but it works. I had the AFE kit but sold it. Running an AFE Big Boost now.

I also flipped my valve covers so that my CCV is on the passenger side and oil fill is now right under the intake. Only way to not have it hit. Eventually I'll have a one piece tube with the 45* boot, but right now this works for me.

2000wa250

Reaction score
You'll have a blast. Who's doing your tuning? If Cale is doing it you will basically need to same tunes I have. Unfortunately because you have an OBS it wont be as easy as just burning mine onto youre chip. If you do go with Tyrant tell him you need Palmer's tunes. I should have my tunes adjusted by the end of next week so if you can you should wait until then to install everything.

Obviously if youre not going with Tyrant none of that applies. Make sure that you talk to jake and make sure you have the right height pedistal as well as the correct length drain tube. Better yet request that you get the flex line for your oil drain.

Also, make sure that you have ZERO boost leaks. You may feel like you're fine and the turbo will still spool, but if you do not spool constantly you have a leak somewhere. I thought mine was fine and it just built boost really fast after it lit, but I had an exhaust leak which is why it was somewhat laggy until 10 PSI. Also, easiest way to install it is to bring it straight in through the valley. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time as you will be replacing your plenums and the RTV needs at least 12 hours to set before being put under boost.

btw, could a moderator change the title of the thread? I just realized its 468 when it should be 467

Stroker#66

Reaction score
I'm going with beans tunes for now since I have free reburns. I will be planning on spraying a little also. Those #s are pretty impressive considering the oil issues! My goal of 650 is closer than I think lol

Latest posts

Members online