light bar pics

truckman1974

Reaction score
I look forward to seing that if you do it man! I think that would look good. Sometimes I do miss my factory grill, but once I put the light bars in mine it set it off for me. And yeah, somewhere in that price range lol :lookaround:

I will let you all know if/when I do. I'd want to put at least a 40" curved. I'm not sure if they make a 50" curved or if it'd even work. Is there 50" worth of room UNDER the lip of the front bumper even?

Alex340

Reaction score
I will let you all know if/when I do. I'd want to put at least a 40" curved. I'm not sure if they make a 50" curved or if it'd even work. Is there 50" worth of room UNDER the lip of the front bumper even?

Yessir they make 50" curved light bars. Im pretty sure rigid, offroadledbars and a couple others make the curved style. With it being that low im sure it may be a little challenge trying to mount them.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yessir they make 50" curved light bars. Im pretty sure rigid, offroadledbars and a couple others make the curved style. With it being that low im sure it may be a little challenge trying to mount them.

With me not being near my truck to look at how it's all laid out under there I can't tell, but I'm wondering what is behind and above the valance to attached it to if there's not enough room in front of the valance. I'm going to give it a try when I get back from this deployment.

I looked and those dang 50" are $1500+. I wouldn't spend that much on one light so maybe I can pick up one cheap somewhere along the way before I go back home and just have it there waiting for me.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
I'm curious too on the brightness.......I mean, if I'm going to spend a couple hundred bucks or so, it better perform! You know? Cuzican, let us know how bright that sucker is, maybe post a couple pics for us........thanks brother!

I don't have any experience with any other bars to compare it to, but for the $230 it cost, I'm still amazed by how bright it is.

smcox1

Reaction score
You can get the 50" curved bars off eBay as well. But the eBay bars don't even come close to a rigid. But for what they cost they better be nice.

truckman1974

Reaction score
This guy says he has 54" curved light bars (Rigid Quality?) and lifetime warranty.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ptd/4715868486.html

Says he makes deals so send offers. If you get a good crazy deal let me know!

Somebody go out and measure UNDER your front bumper, in front of the valance and see if 54" would fit under there (basically, not stick out on the sides). This might be a cool project! Especially if I could scoop one of those 54" lights for a good deal!

Last edited:

dsmracing1

Reaction score
This guy says he has 54" curved light bars (Rigid Quality?) and lifetime warranty.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ptd/4715868486.html

Says he makes deals so send offers. If you get a good crazy deal let me know!

Somebody go out and measure UNDER your front bumper, in front of the valance and see if 54" would fit under there (basically, not stick out on the sides). This might be a cool project! Especially if I could scoop one of those 54" lights for a good deal!

I would ask for some more details etc. if they're just 3W LED's then that's just BS.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Here's some better daytime pics. I'll try and get some output pics tonight.

100_3121_zps6105070e.jpg

100_3120_zpsb6cd4d09.jpg

100_3119_zps6f6104ee.jpg

100_3116_zpse17e991f.jpg

100_3114_zpsbeec5383.jpg

100_3110_zpsc4f203c0.jpg

truckman1974

Reaction score
I just can't get over how good the curve matches up with the bumper pattern/curve. That's a 40" right? I think that's all I will need if I'm going to try the UNDER the bumper mod. As I look at the valance, I see it has that angle on each end where it contours with the curve of the bumper.....well those angles on each end (the bent parts) actually bend about where you light is....so 40" might would work. I'm just wondering if it would even fit under the bumper without having to modify the valance in anyway.

Here's what I'm thinking (using and modifying your photo)....

Attachments

• idea.jpg
    idea.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 132

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd buy rigid, if you go through mud, offroad, etc. The others suck. They allow moisture inside.. my rigid D2s blow China 20 in bars. Yes, rigids are expensive. But it's the last time you'll buy. You have lifetime warrenty on a company that isn't going to go under..

When your China bar goes bad. Will you even be able to get a hold of the company?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

truckman1974

Reaction score
You're right.

I just watched a video comparison and Youtube and the Rigid BLEW AWAY....like NUKED...the others. I'm sold....

CUZICAN

Reaction score
I'm curious too on the brightness.......I mean, if I'm going to spend a couple hundred bucks or so, it better perform! You know? Cuzican, let us know how bright that sucker is, maybe post a couple pics for us........thanks brother!

I'd buy rigid, if you go through mud, offroad, etc. The others suck. They allow moisture inside.. my rigid D2s blow China 20 in bars. Yes, rigids are expensive. But it's the last time you'll buy. You have lifetime warrenty on a company that isn't going to go under..

When your China bar goes bad. Will you even be able to get a hold of the company?

I won't argue that, but for my needs, the cheap Chinese bar does what I need, as I do't really do any off-roading and see just the occasional back road.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Oh I don't fault you for buying it. I'm just saying that in the video it was unbelievable how much brighter that Rigid was. I doubt I will spend $1500 on a light though (my wife would BMA if I did...lol).

Jomax

Reaction score
Oh I don't fault you for buying it. I'm just saying that in the video it was unbelievable how much brighter that Rigid was. I doubt I will spend $1500 on a light though (my wife would BMA if I did...lol).

But We spend that much on rims. Lol

CUZICAN

Reaction score
A couple of night time pics, first pic is 35w 6k HID's only, second pic is 40" LED bar only, fence is about 100' away from the truck.

4297c6af3bdeaec9e7d54b588cfeeb84_zps1c61f6c6.jpg

a47ceceabb4f0063570ba2c61e016aec_zpsc3bf1810.jpg

smcox1

Reaction score
I just can't get over how good the curve matches up with the bumper pattern/curve. That's a 40" right? I think that's all I will need if I'm going to try the UNDER the bumper mod. As I look at the valance, I see it has that angle on each end where it contours with the curve of the bumper.....well those angles on each end (the bent parts) actually bend about where you light is....so 40" might would work. I'm just wondering if it would even fit under the bumper without having to modify the valance in anyway.

Here's what I'm thinking (using and modifying your photo)....

Here's a 40" with the valance cut

truckman1974

Reaction score
Here's a 40" with the valance cut

Yea, that's cool...I like that. Is that just a pic you found online or what? I'd like to see some more and close up angles of that....

I really like it best in the tow hook spot (almost looks factory on the other photos in this thread with the curved bar), but just don't want to sacrifice the tow hooks. I like the way they look but mostly in case I need them...

Thanks for this picture!

Latest posts

Members online