My Custom interior conversion

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Where have you been able to find the carling switches with graphics and lettering? I know of a couple places, one being a jeep outfitter website, and none of them have the switches that will match the few I already have. And I can't get ahold of the guy I originally bought the switches from.

This was one place i took a look at

http://otrattw.com/products.php?cat=4
you can also call carling direct and they should be able to help you out

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Awesome work... Sub'd.

This is one of the coolest projects I've ever seen on the forums. It's so classy and like POW at the same time.

To bad I don't live near you, I'd be dropping off my rag at your place. LOL

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok guys i finally got my switches in the mail today, unfortuantley im headed away for easter first thing in the morning. Hopefully i will have the face plate done tonight, they when i return il mock up the console and mounting, il cover it and install it!! Last part of this project is taking entirely too long, but busy at work is always a good thing

BOSS450

Reaction score
I got respect for you man. You have really good taste and the truck is turning out great. congrats bud

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Thanks guys, unfortunatley i was away for the past week so there has been no work done on this thing....time to kick my but into high gear, hopeing to get the subs back in place this week, the guages working (they are powered, but not reading at the moment) some work done on this console, just waiting for the face plate to get done so i can build it!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Guages are back in and working, template for the switch plate for the roof console was tested last night!, needs a few adjustments for the Injection controler, then well move to cut it from Plexiglass! Im hoping to have the face plate finalized over the weekend, and hopefully have the console started as well! I shifted to high gear as this truck is expected to go its first show of the year in may!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well i finally made some progress on the roof console, and the faceplate is just about done being cut. I am going to complete the roof console this weekend, and hopefully have time to wrap it in suede and paint it next week.

Also was able to finally track down a new take off bumper a few hours away that is absolutley cherry! so i will have to find time to get that this weekend as well.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
so here is a long over due update, i had the switch bezel for the roof all cut out and made, and started on fabircating the actuall console this weekend. Its shaping up nicely...also got the new rear bumper mounted up finally, put the truck back in the shop for the blow off valve installation. Here are some pics of the console

IMG_1007-Copy.jpg

IMG_1004-Copy.jpg

IMG_1006-Copy.jpg

IMG_1003-Copy.jpg

IMG_0998-Copy.jpg

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Hows the dye holding up? Considering a a color change on my KR interior as well. Love the seats, but hate the drab brown everywhere. I'm thinking black with the KR seats would look good. BTW bitchin job on yours.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
so far the dye holds up great, i have a few spots on the dash from installation that need to be touched up, but door panels look great, everything is looking awesome!

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Whats all involved in swapping all the lights to red from green. Looks killer and would go great with my truck

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Whats all involved in swapping all the lights to red from green. Looks killer and would go great with my truck

first and foremost, patients. The best advice i could give on it is take the time to measure all the voltages of the stock lights, then also spend some time and be sure that you pick LEDs that will carry the same voltage and light intensity.

The actual pulling apart and swithcing was the easier part. We were able to be very accurate with the measuring and not have the need to use any type of resistor, however we did end up using i beleive 5 or 6 different types of LEDs at differnet intensitys to have everything match.

it turned out awesome!

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Im confused already lol. I get the voltage but how do you determine intensity? How many lights are there?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok well it seems as though i have finally solved my issue with the roof console, i was able to cut a new template with the help of a friend, and reuse the factory console, here it is all mocked up, im going to either wrap the console in black carbon fiber, or dye it black to match the rest of the interior....seems like i finally be able to wrap up the interior this weekend!!

console.jpg

Last edited:

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Im confused already lol. I get the voltage but how do you determine intensity? How many lights are there?

you need to measure each factory light in the on and off position, then looking at specs of each LED, you need to be sure that the intensities are close to each other in order to be sure the colors are all the same. I ended up using i beleive 5 different LED's some surface mount, some standard, some flat topped...its a very time consuming pain staking process to be perfectly honest....this was a great winder project for us last year!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I vote to spray it black vs. wrapping it. Going to smooth out the screw heads or using a different fastener? It'll look factory! I like it man!
Coming together really well!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.