My Custom interior conversion

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Just read thru all the pages , what a nice job ! I think I got some motivation to clean mine up a bit a get that suede headliner done now !

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok guys i got home last night, and befor i left i was not only able to finish up the blow off valve (but thats for another thread) i was able to throw in the new roof console for a little test fit. This this is 100 times better than the first mock up i had. It will be painted this week, and hopefully be able to finish up this project this weekend!

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

i decided to combine the options of carbon fiber and paint, so as you guys can see the switch plate is carbon fiber, and the plastic console will be dyed black to match the other plastics

jdc753

Reaction score
I like this idea much better than going from scratch.

I hate to nit pick though... but why the screws? You could have fiberglassed it in from the back or plastic welded it. Or even flushed it out and had the carbon look like an insert following the existing channel around the opening.

Otherwise looks great and I love the idea!!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Yea i am very pleased with this outcome as well.

We went with screws so i could remove the plate for wiring, or if i needed to reposition the meth controller. We did something similar (meaning showing the screws) through the face in another one of our trucks, it adds a little unique look, but i plan on painting the console to match the rest of the interior, and i will spray tint the screw heads for a black chrome look, they will blend in nicely, and if that looks crappy i will paint them black and get some plastic caps to cover them. either way they should blend in fairly nicely, In no way will i leave them silver.

And Never be afraid to nit pick....i do it constantly which is why im so specific with the details i put into this truck!! I always welcome suggestions!!

jdc753

Reaction score
Yea i am very pleased with this outcome as well.

We went with screws so i could remove the plate for wiring, or if i needed to reposition the meth controller. We did something similar (meaning showing the screws) through the face in another one of our trucks, it adds a little unique look, but i plan on painting the console to match the rest of the interior, and i will spray tint the screw heads for a black chrome look, they will blend in nicely, and if that looks crappy i will paint them black and get some plastic caps to cover them. either way they should blend in fairly nicely, In no way will i leave them silver.

And Never be afraid to nit pick....i do it constantly which is why im so specific with the details i put into this truck!! I always welcome suggestions!!

I figured you had good reasoning and that it was well thought out, I haven't seen you cut a corner yet so I trust its gonna look great when its all finished.

can't wait to see the final product! plus gives me more motivation to get my butt into gear and finish up my interior.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Well, Not only is the Blow off Valve done, but i can officially say the interior is done ( just about, few little items still need to be done but il get to those), seats are all back in, subs wired up, cameras hooked up, console done. This thing is sweet! I have to clean the truck up this week for an event this weekend, so il get some finish shots together and post them up. Also i think there were a few requests of cost break downs, so il put that list together also. All and all this took much longer than i anticipated, but as everything else i seem to do, as i get into the the list goes from simple to wild and extravagent. I could not be happier with the way this all came out, i think all the details play well together, and no detail over powers the next!

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

As for the screws for the faceplate of the console, multiple coats of spray tint got just the look i was going for, a nice black chrome. A little detail that makes the screws hardly noticiable but when you finally do see them, there different!

Pics soon to follow!

B.Warning

Reaction score
That overhead console looks real nice. Would you be interested in doing another if I sent you the console to do it?

MorganY

Reaction score
^ this. I just spent 30 minutes reading, this is by far the best interior I have seen, I especially like how you were able to do it with <$2500. Great Job!!!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
^ this. I just spent 30 minutes reading, this is by far the best interior I have seen, I especially like how you were able to do it with <$2500. Great Job!!!

cost was a big factor for me, i am all about the DIY projects, thats what makes most of our projects unique. I was fortunate that i always kept my interior real clean and conditioned, so i was able to sell all my stock interior leather seats, and carpet so that certainly helped me get to the budget. Also some friends who no some people never hurts either!

thanks for the compliments guys, should have some clean pics up soon.

MorganY

Reaction score
Mounting the controller where my freaking sunglasses go blew my mind, the same way when I found out you could have cheese inside the crust on a pizza. If you are down for making another one shoot me a PM

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I was never a big on just putting things in the truck where ever they fit, i always liked my switches, moduals, cb, what ever it was to look like it could have been placed there from the factory. Keeps everything looking clean, and always pushes to see how creative i can get. Putting the controler up there was perfect, and allowed me to add some switches for new accessories as well.

imelmo

Reaction score
This thread gets me excited to start on my interior. :D Awesome job!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
This thread gets me excited to start on my interior. :D Awesome job!

thanks!...I got home from work early one day in january.....started taking things apart....and this is where i ended up!

Guys have not forgot about pictures,,,just seems to be raining every time i try and take pictures and they come out crappy....

Latest posts

Members online